Seahawks stadium - things you would upgrade

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Love the roof and the open field. Perfect design for Seattle.

I'd prefer grass, but that isn't going to happen. The biggest eyesore is the ugly jenga building in the North Lot.

I'm curious about what the added seats will look like. Are they going to be grandstands, or a more permanent part of the building?

LargentFan

Reaction score
To the people saying they should get rid of the alcohol enforcement crew, I am curious...why?
I've been to quite a few games and on two separate occasions I have been quite glad they were there.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":923pvw1e said:
Love the roof and the open field. Perfect design for Seattle.

I'd prefer grass, but that isn't going to happen. The biggest eyesore is the ugly jenga building in the North Lot.

I'm curious about what the added seats will look like. Are they going to be grandstands, or a more permanent part of the building?

When they add seats, they'll be on the 300 level, behind the 12th Man flagpole. It'll fill in the large gap that's there currently. Should add a few thousand seats.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Another level full of seating...DOUBLE THE CAPACITY.

Felix Baumgartner space jumping the American flag in before the game.

Jimmy Hart following Richard Sherman around with a megaphone.

So sick.

JMR

Reaction score
The ratio of men vs women restrooms seems to be nowhere close to match what's in the stadium. Dudes have a mile long line, ridiculous.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2ju5syly said:
I'm not gonna complain about the cost or service at the concessions. You have to keep in mind that they have to make hay 10 days out of the 365 day year. To even have concessions available comes with a cost and I doubt they are reaping absurd profits from it. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see it; the cost to have the space and people working it...just not something I'm going to complain about. You're already allowed to bring in your own food.

To be honest there aren't many things in particular I would change. Obviously there are things that you can never get enough of at any stadium, like the size and quality of the video and scoreboards. But I feel like game day is pretty solid.

I think they could have probably done more with the pro-shop re-design. Over all it's better now and the roving check-out people that can swipe cards are helpful but it's still a clusterf**k. Seems like that was a missed opportunity though to really maximize it. They put all the most popular items (mens jerseys, tshirts, and hats) all in the same area, and shoved all the less popular items (womens clothes - sorry ladies just demographics, kids, misc. novelty items like lame robots and plus Shermans) to one side.

You honestly think they don't make absurd profits when 70% of their concession workers are not being paid at minimum wage? really? do you honestly believe the commander of the concessions is making 6 figures to supervise the jerry's kids selling us 9-10 beers?

67000 people per game. Say the average is only $30 in beer, food, etc.. That is a 2.1M gross.. unless overhead is about 500K an hour.. they are doing pretty damn good... in concessions. I venture a guess that they make 1.5M profit per game in concessions.. easy

OP
OP
Jay-Dog

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
JMR":jy4o5mpv said:
The ratio of men vs women restrooms seems to be nowhere close to match what's in the stadium. Dudes have a mile long line, ridiculous.

That's funny and true. How about be we add the "All In" sign at the entrance to the restrooms. High five slap for Relief!

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
JMR":2doj7uyh said:

We're paying the price for all those years in the Kingdome when there were maybe three women's restrooms on each level. I remember the Seahawks emphasized how many more restrooms for women the new stadium would have when they opened the new stadium 12 years ago. Sadly, they went too far in the other direction.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The home experience has improved a lot with HDTV and NFL red zone channel. As a result I think the stadium experience needs to look at providing the best experience possible even if it means slightly less advertising.

I'm fine with the current size of the screens but they should play much more NFL content (replays, end zone angles, red zone) and much less advertising / game promotions (race cars, puzzles, helmet switch). That stuff is fine for the casual crowd at the Mariners game but nobody will be at the 49ers/Seahawks game this year to cheer for the yellow race car. We shouldn't have to wait until we get home to find out what actually happened regarding controversial plays; we should see the same replays and angles that they are showing the TV audience.

The stadium is still behind the curve on WIFI coverage and bandwidth. I know there are a lot of fans but those fans are paying a lot of money. The Seahawks need to invest more money in their network infrastructure. When the GameCasts went away they told us they were planning something big to replace them (smartphone app?) and that still hasn't happened yet.

Cartire

Reaction score
For those talking about the scoreboards, I'm pretty positive they were upgraded this offseason. About 2 months ago.

pnwhawk25

Reaction score
Cartire":d92bhjvg said:
For those talking about the scoreboards, I'm pretty positive they were upgraded this offseason. About 2 months ago.

I am glad to hear this considering the stadium's scoreboards/statboards are outdated utilizing bulb technology as opposed to LED's.

pnwhawk25

Reaction score
While it seems that CenturyLink lacks in wifi capabilities, one interesting fact is that the stadium was designed with seats manufactured by Camatic. Camatic, who is based out of Australia, offers an upgraded version of the current seats that feature armrest integrated video. While, CenturyLink may never see these seats they are available.

http://www.camatic.com/Stadium/Products ... px#Quantum IM

Cartire

Reaction score
pnwhawk25":14954jxt said:
While it seems that CenturyLink lacks in wifi capabilities, one interesting fact is that the stadium was designed with seats manufactured by Camatic. Camatic, who is based out of Australia, offers an upgraded version of the current seats that feature armrest integrated video. While, CenturyLink may never see these seats they are available.

Ha, wow that would be cool. Will never happen. MAYBE (hard maybe) in the 200 level. But no. They would be destroyed after week 2. Drunk slobs and bratty kids are a recipe for disaster.

Seaswab

Reaction score
pnwhawk25":2e4i183c said:
Cartire":2e4i183c said:

I am glad to hear this considering the stadium's scoreboards/statboards are outdated utilizing bulb technology as opposed to LED's.

Lets see if they actually utilize them to give us more information now,

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Move the Sounders to some high school stadium so there can be blue end zones all season long.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cartire":3qbus1bk said:
pnwhawk25":3qbus1bk said:

Ha, wow that would be cool. Will never happen. MAYBE (hard maybe) in the 200 level. But no. They would be destroyed after week 2. Drunk slobs and bratty kids are a recipe for disaster.
You left out pissed off whiner fans after a typical curbstomping...... ;)

Latest posts