Seahawks re-signing Brandon Browner

irocdave

Reaction score
If BB can restore some of the boom in the LOB, I'm all in. This was sorely lacking last year. IMHO, BB was the instigator of the LOB, when he left the LOB went soft. Yea, I'm looking at you Kam....Need some prison mentality in the locker room and BB is the guy. Clem is the sage old vet that will set the rookies straight. Hope both have some game left and make the team.

hawkpride

Reaction score
LOB is back in the house Baby, however the Hawks decide to use Browner / Clem its all good.

Bringing Back the Boom in 2016!!!!!!!

chet380

Reaction score
If the recent poor play was b/c of an injury from which he has recovered, then this could be a major plus.

If no injury and the poor play was not due to it, he probably doesn't make the 53.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I hope Clem and Browner both make the roster. They're tone-setters. Real team culture guys.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":w6oi5ldf said:
Spleenhawk2.0":w6oi5ldf said:
Clearly they are looking for the swagger and not the skill. Browner and Clem signings are more about locker room and attitude than actual play on the field

This x 1000. Think outside the box people.

Suddenly we got a bunch of geniuses doubting the outside the box kind of moves by PC and JS that got us here in the first place.

Our front office is so far ahead of the game and our own fan base still hasn't realized it and caught up to it yet.

And no, this doesn't mean they aren't without their mistakes. I'm not saying that at all.
07cde39801f767bdf8b02788caeed5a2

Marshall Biggs: We're pretty smart guys.
Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: Yeah, what about us?
Cosmo Renfro: Last time I looked.
Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: Yeah, we're smart. We are.

mikehawks

Reaction score
Great news! Brandon Browner is back, he should of never left in the first place!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I see that there are other .net veterans who also have a "show me what you've got left" attitude. I'm pretty sure Pete shares that attitude as well.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":2teg9o4s said:
He probably doesn't make the final 53, likely the same as Clemons.....
Agree Doc though I think Clem is an outside possibility. IMO, Browner has very little chance.

One thing to consider though, both these guys may well be called in "off the street" if injuries warrant it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
For some odd reason, I just dont think they are being brought in for leadership, I think they are being brought in for backup filler mode. If it so happens that we lose a step in the early part of the season, we have some old school people to fill in for roles that they played in before. They have to RELEARN their positions on our scheme which may take a bit, but in an effort to succeed, they will. I worked on 9 radars in my time....I would need to go back to the books to relearn some of the techniques used on them radars. Probably the same with schemes in the NFL.....Just guessing here tho.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic that coming home will put a new fire in him, may even rekindle something in Kam.

At this point, I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Browner is the founder of the LOB. He brings so much to table off the field.

Very excited about this signing, could be a very underrated signing that leads to big things.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
We are no longer soft
Last year we were soft
We will possibly be able to smack teams in the mouth again
That's what they signed him for

Mojambo

Reaction score
The guy is a scary special teams contributor as well.

I love that he's back.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Browner and Maxwell both were known for being mediocre in pure coverage, but terrific in changing attitudes (both Seattle's and their opponents') with big hits and creating turnovers. It's not a traditional form of excellence, but Pete has taken it a long ways regardless.

If Browner stands to improve over his New Orleans play from being healthy, it's interesting to see where this will go. After watching Cary Williams for two months last year, I'm quite happy to see "knows the system" as a bullet point on a resume.

Laloosh

Reaction score
drdiags":ogymgydn said:
He probably doesn't make the final 53

I am inclined to agree. Unless it's for special teams or conversion to SS for depth.