Seahawks re-signing Brandon Browner

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":cvw2shch said:
Largent80":cvw2shch said:
Being excited about the signing is about as exciting as watching the bachelor.

Wait....you watch The Bachelor?

With his avatar, Of Course he does....all that swagger and all dem ladies too.... :sarcasm_off:

Sorry Rob...too hard to pass up. :twisted: :stirthepot:

Rocket

Reaction score
The big man was hurt all last season... pray for full recovery Campers.

Browner, though, revealed that he played last season with a knee ligament injury initially suffered when he took a helmet to the knee in a preseason game on Aug.13.

“How my season started last year, tore my MCL in the first pre season game”
I cannot and will not condone watching The Bachelor. It creeps me out.

RussB

Reaction score
He was terrible last year with the saints.Maybe they just want him in the locker room as a leader though. He can still lay hits and be a run stopper probably.

jake206

Reaction score
Bodyslam action!! :D
[youtube]XU0SbhuPi8k[/youtube]
[youtube]qcUS2sGRqhE[/youtube]

Crizilla

Reaction score
anyone who isnt excited about the original LOB being pack is a debby downer.

jake206

Reaction score
Just make him a strong safety...He is an enforcer. He might not have the agility, but he layed WR down that MMA action.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RussB":1ng7rad7 said:
He was terrible last year with the saints.Maybe they just want him in the locker room as a leader though. He can still lay hits and be a run stopper probably.

He was terrible. But the D he was on was bad and he played hurt.

Being back with his brothers might recharge him.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
jake206":3rn75x3n said:
Just make him a strong safety...He is an enforcer. He might not have the agility, but he layed WR down that MMA action.

Do we really need a 3rd or 4th string SS? Already have Chancellor, McCray, and Shead.

Boundary corner is still Browner's best chance to make the roster, since Simon/Lane have an injury history and Smith is untested.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
bbrowner39: I've been excited about this one, been trying to keep it to myself. Secrets out,I'm grateful and can't wait to get back to work
[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BET8OA2wDjV/[/instagram]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
People holding a grudge against him for winning a SuperBowl for HIMSELF?

Whatever.

As for his play last year? Playing the entire year on a torn MCL and still playing should tell you all you need to know.

I am so excited I almost peed myself.

The only possible better headline for this offseason that could even come close to making me this happy is hearing that Marshawn was hurt all year, and came back to reclaim his trophy. Since that isn't happening - I will take this one.

Browner was a key piece of two teams that won SB, and then the year he didn't win the SB was the year he played the whole year hurt.

I could care less about hurt feelings. This guy along with Kam is the reason the LOB exists. That alone is worth the risk in trying to get back to.

I get that bringing in old players to recover lost glory most often does not work out. But if this really was just a case of him being hurt last year and he can legit recover - it is worth the risk. Especially considering Cary Williams was once considered a viable alternative.

Plus Browner, Lynch and Kam are 3 of my all time favorite Seahawks. Having him back just makes me happy.

jake206

Reaction score
He's only 1 year off of this...

Hate to bring this up, but he played a key role in the infamous SB49 last play:

[youtube]U7rPIg7ZNQ8[/youtube]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Bonus Points:
My Brandon Browner jersey is suddenly awesome again.

Mick063

Reaction score
They should convert him to linebacker. They did it with that corner from San Diego State and Browner is bigger.

Honestly, just when I breathed a sigh of relief that Okung's disastrous pre snap penalties were gone, along comes Browner.

I can live with Bennett being off sides about three time a game, but Browner doesn't come close to bringing what Bennett does and pass interference is typically much more costly.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I like it as a depth move. He knows the system, his attitude fits the style that the Hawks want to have on Defense. Last year our CB depth got razor thin, so it always is nice to add bodies to the pile for training camp and let it all sort itself out.

jake206

Reaction score
Mick063":qbhlp963 said:
They should convert him to linebacker. They did it with that corner from San Diego State and Browner is bigger.

It would be an interesting experiment if they lined him where Bruce Irvin was at OLB...and see what happens. He can keep up with TE and good at stopping the run.

chris98251

Reaction score
I said it in the Clem thread, they need to get back that intensity and hunger that made the LOB's reputation, setting the tone in OTA's and training camp, Clem and Browner will do that, they could also move him to a WSLB in passing situations to cover the flat and underneath routes that have bit us, bringing the Kam and Brandon physicality there. I don't think he is going to take over the right side, I think it's a situational and role playing position for him now. He may start against big receivers, this gives us the ability to match up both ways, quick and or big and not be dedicated to one starting rotation.

pehawk

Reaction score
New theme song;

[youtube]hQo1HIcSVtg[/youtube]