Seahawks picked as next dynasty

nsport

Reaction score
Source: http://goo.gl/Bc0sS

Let's not bash this thread with "Bleacher Report Sucks" - I agree that most writers there are pretty bad. This guy is a good writer.... complete article examining dynasties and NFL history. He concludes with the next predicted dynasty to be the Seattle Seahawks. The debate comes down the the 49ers vs. the Seahawks - we prevail based on the youth of our team... Anyway, I know most of the regulars here don't care for BR - but any good press should be brought to our members attention!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That's a really well-written article. It helps that he picks us to be the next dynasty, of course, but there's a lot of interesting info there.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":w1xhynjd said:
Since the writer picks the Seahawks, the article doesn't suck.

If he would have picked the Whiners, it would have sucked.
:13:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":o360dsh0 said:

That writer, Scott Kacsmar, was on our bandwagon last season on pieces he wrote for Cold, Hard Football Facts (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/).

It's not a bad site (it tends to deliver some pretty good articles, actually), but it certainly doesn't have the exposure that BR does. I'm not surprised that Kacsmar is trying to get his work out through larger channels.

While I still agree that BR sucks, not all of its writers do.

EDIT: Oh, and some here may remember Kacsmar as the guy who wrote a highly detailed article about why our final play against Green Bay was indeed a TD.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
If the so called experts trashes your team don't believe them, if they say something good about your team don't believe them. I read articles to find out the facts not opinions. This is an opinion piece. Tomorrow this guy could wake up on the wrong side of the bed and have a completely different view on the Hawks. The facts are the real world. And the facts are we haven't won anything yet under JS/PC except for a few playoff games. Calling us the next dynasty under these circumstances is just way premature. Don't get me wrong the Hawks are relevant and are contenders. I have complete faith that JS/PC will get us to the Super Bowl but dynasty? There are no warm fuzzies in football!

CANHawk

Reaction score
I like "captain comeback" as a writer. Pretty sharp dude. He's good to follow on Twitter too. I always have to do a quick check of BR stories to make sure he didn't write it before I slam it as the crap yellow journalism typically produced by BR.

hawker84

Reaction score
"There's no way they'll be the next dynasty with all the PED suspensions."

There are some really stupid people on those boards... Last time i checked we only have one player that has to serve a suspension next season..

Lynch may, but from what Clayton said on the radio yesterday, even if he does, it will more than likely be a one game suspension, which means he'll miss the Carolina game and be back for SF...

Some peoples hope we fail so bad it really brings out the stupid in people....

ivotuk

Reaction score
Yea, I really like this guy, he's a good writer and seems very knowledgable. Thanks for the twitter tip canhawk.

kearly

Reaction score
I've seen a few first class writers at BR over the last year or so. Not enough of them to make me a daily reader, but enough that when I see a great article there it doesn't blow my mind anymore.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've noticed the same trend, Kearly. They are steadily improving. Given another year, we might even respect them as a site.

Jville

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1vcj8jby said:
FlyingGreg":1vcj8jby said:

That writer, Scott Kacsmar, was on our bandwagon last season on pieces he wrote for Cold, Hard Football Facts (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/).

It's not a bad site (it tends to deliver some pretty good articles, actually), but it certainly doesn't have the exposure that BR does. I'm not surprised that Kacsmar is trying to get his work out through larger channels.

While I still agree that BR sucks, not all of its writers do.

EDIT: Oh, and some here may remember Kacsmar as the guy who wrote a highly detailed article about why our final play against Green Bay was indeed a TD.

I added coldhardfootballfact.com to my Seahawk's favorite list some time ago.
But, thanks for the reminder.

Seattle, New England and Atlanta were the smartest teams in football in 2012. All three were well-coached teams that went deep into the playoffs.
Chip Kelly can make the jump from college to pros, install his exciting new offense and turn either Michael Vick, Matt Barkley, Nick Foles or Dennis Dixon into an elite NFL quarterback.

But he won't hand frustrated Eagles fans their long-awaited first Super Bowl victory if he fails to re-educate the dumbest team in the NFL.

Has anyone read this article over there about the job confronting Chip Kelly ....................... as he endeavors to fix the "NFL's Dumbest Team"? Interesting perspective >>> http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... les/22803/

HawkWow

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":38gn0ywz said:

Truer words, never spoken. ;)

I like our chances. Everything is in place for a run. We need a leader to take control of our youthful defenders (offenders) and we need to stay healthy. Our problems are miniscule compared to most.

If you look at the great runs of the Steelers, 49ers, and Pats, they started out much like us. Then they found Bradshaw, Montana and Brady. We have one of those guys now. I would compare us more to the 49er dynasty than any other. That was probably the most balanced team of the dynasties (along with the Aikman led Cowboys). Like that Niner era, we are dangerous at every level and on both sides of the ball. There's some great teams out there, but I sincerely believe we are the best.

I've waited a damn long time to say that with such confidence / conviction. Go Hawks!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1xduxxnd said:

Itching ears love to hear.

I would seriously nominate this writer for the peabody. He's just that damn good.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think there will ever be another "dynasty" team like the Niners or Steelers. If you think about, the SF team and system that Walsh put together would be impossible to replicate with the way FA and salaries factor in.

The Niners run spanned 81-94. No, they didn't win it all every year, but they enjoyed sustained success and were in the hunt nearly every one of those seasons. They managed to have two, franchise level QB's during that time and had them surrounded by extreme talented players. Throw in the best WR to ever play the game and we know the results.

I liken the Hawks to the Cowboys, in that when JJ took over, he cleaned house, similar to Carroll, then built the team by being solid at every position while having a star QB, running back and WR. It brought them success at basically the same rate as Seattle. Suffer a couple losing seasons, make some noise in the playoffs and then get to the Super Bowl a few times.

Funny.. The real challenge back then was the NFC. The Niners, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins and even the Eagles were the nasty teams, winning the NFCC meant winning the Super Bowl.

84-97 belonged to the NFC... That is just crazy.