Seahawks pick up Noah Fant's 5th year option

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Without looking at the stats:

I would think Fant is a borderline top 10 receiving TE who is probably younger than half the guys in front of him.

I would think Dissly also grades out as top 10 blocking TE and is sneakily efficient receiver within his low target rates. Dissly, also imo, has the most to gain productively speaking with moving on from Wilson.

I wouldn’t say it’s the best unit in the NFL but a quality unit with potential to be one of the best isn’t out of reach.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’ve always been jealous of those teams that threw it to TEs running down the hash marks for a 30 yard reception. They always seemed open and easy though I know it’s not. I want that as one of our weapons.

keasley45

Reaction score
I'm loving the investment in their 12 personnel. They're going to be able to do anything out of that personnel group, with Fant being a legitimate deep threat that has WR speed and Dissly blocking like a sixth tackle.
And a personnel formation that is friendly to a young qb and leverages his favorite weapon as an x-factor.

Scout

Reaction score
Running from 12 personnel is much easier as well if you have two capable TEs and makes play action possible.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
The other guy not mentioned here is Colby Parkinson who has size, can catch in traffic, moves well, but has little experience like many other recently drafted players.

I'm not sure that Wilson ever used TEs well except for jump balls in the endzone. I hope whoever becomes the starter @ QB can change that situation immediately.
Totally agree. Parkinson is money. But the way we've (not) used him, it's like our FO is just not happy unless they're satisfied that they've wasted a pick or 2.

Another thing that has mystified me about Pete in particular was his comments on Dissly . Paraphrasing but it was like " we knew he could block, we had no idea he could catch"! Really Pete? the guy played just across the lake but you didn't know he could catch until after you drafted him? Pretty bizarre, thinks me.

Fant, Dissly, Parkinson. Just wow. I couldn't be much happier with that group. AND they're all capable of huge YAC.

Last edited: