Seahawks...Most hated NFL team outside Seattle

garrylt4

Reaction score
mistaowen":39yqt76n said:
Side note, no idea how Pittsburgh is so low on that list. EVERYONE I know around here hates the Steelers and most of them barely remember when we got screwed by the NFL. Throw in the entire pacific northwest and it makes no sense,

I live 2 hours from Pittsburgh, my one brother basically lives in Pittsburgh. And I definitely hate the stealers. On a side note my brother is a life long Stealers fan, hates Ben R, and thinks we got screwed in the SB. He was at a party of course filled with Stealers fans and by the end he was rooting for the Seahawks.

Ampedhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks are probably right up there with the Bears as the two most hated teams here in Wisconsin. Those crybaby Packer fans still haven't gotten over that game last year. All the talk this past week was how they would get their "revenge" now that they were in the playoffs. The third most hated team here? Honestly, probably the Packers because of those same crybaby fans.

ivotuk

Reaction score
They hate us because we are beating their beloved teams! Yay! Hey "not a seahawks fan" Eat it! :stirthepot:

drdiags

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3aqntmtx said:
Any study that uses Twitter as its main data source cannot be taken seriously.

I know of a major company that is investing into taking twitter data and identifying trends to guide them in their marketing efforts. The study in the OP seems bogus but I was surprised to find out that a company actually has a business model of providing filtered and unfiltered twitter data to companies for analysis.

Jville

Reaction score
It's not a representative survey of anything other than the twitter population.

I would infer that the subject graph reflects the considerable influence of media portrayal and sentiment on the twitter nation. It's representative of the amplification of such programming on the twitter nation.

Mike Lewis & Manish Tripathi of Emory University are marketing guys. They are simply experimenting and tinkering. Link >>> [urltargetblank]https://blogs.emory.edu/sportsmarketing/about-us/[/urltargetblank]

At Emory Sports Marketing Analytics, we often use Twitter as a marketing research tool that helps us understand the mood and loyalty of fan bases.

The above quote is an inference that twitter is a representative tool that acts as a proxy for all members of fan bases ..... without offering any proof or validation of such an assertion. A huge leap of faith. Not the kind of behavior one would expect from a couple of guys who presume to be competent "academics".

It is useful to remember that like advertising and marketing, twitter is manipulated and so are it's subjects. And that, has far to often, been to the detriment of the rest of us.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
:pimp:
TeamoftheCentury":3gpj49gx said:
themunn":3gpj49gx said:
MidwestHawker":3gpj49gx said:
Yeah, hate is a good thing. If anyone ever questions that, ask yourself how many people hate the Jacksonville Jaguars. Except from some division rivals, you'll get literally no national hate unless you're relevant.

I hate every team that's not the Seahawks.
Every team.

Yeah, me too. But, perhaps different levels of hate. But, I'm a reasonable man. ;)

Just this week, a Jaguars fan here in Orlando did an admirable thing. He fessed up that he was completely wrong about Richard Sherman. Before, he thought he was all talk. He is now convinced that Sherman is a "bad man" (ie: the best CB in the league.) We also talked about Sherman's shtick. Football and entertainment are just that. He now agrees with me. For as much as he talks, Sherman truly respects players in the league far more than he is given credit and that is getting around. It will eventually win people over (except for those who wish to remain ignorant and launch insults about a player they don't really know.) It's already happening. But, because of his dominance... other fans won't love him as much as we do.

I think, in general, around here the Seahawks are still viewed as being insignificant rather than necessarily hated. I think it's going to take a Super Bowl Championship or multiple championships to rid them of insignificance. Maybe it has to do with geographical location. But, unless it's a team that has won it all before... they aren't really worthy to be in the discussion. It's REALLY important that the Seahawks take care of business and get it done THIS SEASON. When the playoffs arrive, anything they've done is quickly forgotten and all the naysayers are ready to write them off in the "new" season. If they don't get it done, I'm just going to hear that it's the same old Seahawks... can't win the big one - and until they do, they're barely relevant.

On top of that, talk sounds as if other certain teams always trump anything that the Seahawks accomplish. You hear it from the media even in a season like this when they are the number one seed. Guys like Kurt Warner are saying that home field advantage isn't going to matter this playoffs. He didn't say specifically for the team with the best home field advantage. But, the love for the 49ers and talk of "who can go to Seattle and beat the Seahawks" is prevalent. They're trying to appeal to other teams' fans. It's T.V. and they're speaking to the masses. Even if those guys really think it's the Seahawks' year... the Hawks are going to have to win it all to validate this team. Otherwise, the media gets to be smug.

Go Seahawks!!!
Well...... naw, too easy........ <biting lip and moving on>

Latest posts