Seahawks Fan Photobombs John Elway!

byau

Reaction score
Awesome. Even after reading the description.

Though I'm curious what would have happened if he saw the shirt ahead of time ..

What would have been awesome is if picture taker kept snapping photos (or took video) as you turned around without buttoning your shirt to shake his hand and catch his reaction :)

jreese1969

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1a02mdyd said:
I thought this was awesome until I read his description of what actually happened...You ask Elway to take a pic with you and he agrees and then you unbutton your shirt while the pic is being snapped? Meh

So here is the story , it started Tuesday night last week My boss and I took customer to John Elway's high end steakhouse in the cherry creek neighborhood of Denver, while at dinner we asked the waitress if John Elway ever shows up, she said a couple times a month. The next night My boss and I were eating at a pub down the street from Elway's steakhouse, after dinner I suggested to my boss lets go see if Elway was in. it was a couple of blocks away. At that point I went out that night with my shirt unbuttoned already with my Seahawk shirt as the under shirt. We get to Elway's and go into the bar, we asked the guy sitting there if he seen Elway he sarcastically says you just missed him. Then he noticed my shirt and says hey I'm from Seattle too , So all three us were talking about the Superbowl, Then a drunk woman was at the bar overheard us talking about Elway,

Then she points behind us, we look and there he was having dinner with Bronco head office staff in a private dining area , since it was Wednesday the night before the draft they were probably discussing the upcoming draft the next day,

My first attempt of a photo was a selfie and you can barely see his head in the background, Then we had the bar tender take a photo of all three of us with him in the background but again he was too far away to him notice in the pic you would have blow it up but it was still fuzzy, so we plotted for the next hour wondering how we can pull this off. We even discussed going right up the glass where he was on the other side and try to get a selfie that way. This whole time my shirt was open we even got flak from a couple of older guys at the bar who were Denver native. Then it happened they finished their meeting and as he came out he had to walk right by us, the guy we met that night who was from Seattle asked Mr. Elway will you take a pic with us , at that point I closed my shirt by holding together with my hand, I did not want him to decline so as I turned towards the camera I let my hand down and my shirt opened up, the bar tender took the pic as I turned back around I closed my shirt back up and we thanked him and shook his hand and off he went, then we busted out high fiving each other could not stop laughing, the bar tender said that we were cruel, it is still to early for this, they are still recovering from the loss.

Jim

jreese1969

Reaction score
the reason I took the NFC Champions shirt to Denver was my wife hid my other Seahawks shirts knowing I like to rub it in, she was afraid someone was going to beat my ass while I was there on business, but I already hidden that shirt in my luggage before leaving or I would of had my Superbowl shirt as well.

She learned a lesson long ago back in the spring of 96 when we went to Disneyland I wore all my mariner gear to rub it in the Angel fans.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":cm3zs43f said:
I thought this was awesome until I read his description of what actually happened...You ask Elway to take a pic with you and he agrees and then you unbutton your shirt while the pic is being snapped? Meh

Umm that makes it 100x better. Elway totally oblivious that he's being punked.