Bosworth E-Mail After SB48.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I loved when the Hawks selected Boz in the 1987 supplemental draft (I was 38 at the time) but what sticks out for me was the fact that the Boz was built on steroids. He was.

As I recall, he was 6'2", 248 lbs. but with a 9 1/2 size shoe. He wasn't naturally built to take the punishment of the NFL like a Butkus or a Lanier or a Lawrence Taylor. His bulk and speed (4.44 sec. 40?) was a product of steroids.

You may not want to read this, but this is what I recall at the time. While at Oklahoma it was "widely known" that he was on steroids.

I loved the Boz, but he was not the real deal... naturally.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I always thought Boz ended up being a little underrated. Injuries took his chances away. He wasn't Taylor but I do think he was pro-bowl level if he stayed healthy? I was young so maybe I'm glossing this a little.

He did blow up with steroids but a lot of guys did and do now. He's still in great shape and seems to be doing well which is cool.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Boz fan also. I'll never forget the Playoff game vs Houston Oilers. Boz was playing so hard, and getting held so bad, that they ripped up his jersey! He went to the sidelines and wanted any jersey, just to get back in to the game.

And that stupid video with Bo Jackson and people saying it made The Boz look bad is foolish! NOBODY. Could have caught Bo Jackson with that much of a lead to start out!

Bo Jackson's leg muscles were so HUGE, that in 1991 the power in them managed to force his ball socket apart, ending his career. He had hip replacement surgery in 1992. Then went back to baseball for a while, but his sports career was basically over.