Seahawks D now looks even better

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Or in the very least has the potential to be much more clutch than what we’ve been used to in recent years. Bend but don’t break. The “don’t break” could be dominant.

With the Falcons scoring 29 in Dallas. Just in the first half

D

DomeHawk

Pandion Haliaetus":jkx1jjex said:
Or in the very least has the potential to be much more clutch than what we’ve been used to in recent years. Bend but don’t break. The “don’t break” could be dominant.

With the Falcons scoring 29 in Dallas. Just in the first half

The final stats in our game with them are not indicative of the way our defense played either. Yes they gained 500 yds but 200 of them were gained after they were down 20 pts.

olyfan63

Reaction score
And we got stops and turnovers in key moments when it mattered. Against a very good offense.

I think we're going to be causing more turnovers this season, in line with past seasons with the LOB where we won the turnover battle more consistently.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is the DC.

The players are just fine.

Norton is the problem. Better players won't fix that.

balakoth

Reaction score
I'm not sure most of you armchair DCs know how to gameplan to be honest.. Or to adapt to a certain QB.

Sucks to be someone who cannot evaluate aspsects of the game outside of stats..

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Rushing 3 against Cam was stupid. Just one example.

But it wasn't just this game.

Has Norton EVER been a good DC?

Not for the Raiders.

Not anywhere else. Certainly not here.

Last year he was near the bottom of the league.

We got a few extra studs in the secondary and almost lost to a team with 1 wide receiver and a bunch of guys that should be driving Amazon delivery vans. It isn't me being an 'armchair DC', Norton is just below average in every way.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
No pass rush.

Cam sat in the pocket all night. The only way you’ll beat good teams is by outscoring the other team.

Seattle will need to pick up a DE off waivers or something to be relevant come playoff time.

NJlargent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":q0i15vqe said:
Rushing 3 against Cam was stupid. Just one example.

But it wasn't just this game.

Has Norton EVER been a good DC?

Not for the Raiders.

Not anywhere else. Certainly not here.

Last year he was near the bottom of the league.

We got a few extra studs in the secondary and almost lost to a team with 1 wide receiver and a bunch of guys that should be driving Amazon delivery vans. It isn't me being an 'armchair DC', Norton is just below average in every way.

Do you think we are a championship caliber defense with Quinn as our DC with this Dline?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Falcons OWNED that game vs Dallas...and still lost it! Amazing. So that probably isn't a good example.

We didn't get the piece that would have helped our rush a bunch. But I think we have some guys currently in the shadows that can help out...if and when they are healthy. Taylor for one, Walker for another. Surprised Quim doesn't get a shot. His speed would have counted for something tonight.
Here's hoping Irvin isn't hurt bad.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
We played 2 teams with some great weapons Offensively . IT'S NOT GREAT AS FAR AS RUSHING THE PASSER BUT THE RUN DEFENSE HAS BEEN VERY GOOD.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2exyasbt said:
It is the DC.

The players need to win their one on ones. I don't think a single d-lineman did that once tonight on a pass play. You can't put that on Norton.

hawks85

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1oc0q2od said:
It is the DC.

THANK YOU!!!! I've been saying this since last year. Norton is a F'ing garbage DC. I am so sick and tried of watching the defense.

hawks85

Reaction score
Seanhawk":18kstnau said:
TwistedHusky":18kstnau said:
It is the DC.

The players need to win their one on ones. I don't think a single d-lineman did that once tonight on a pass play. You can't put that on Norton.
Sure you can. When Richard was here we were a top 10 Defense. I liked Richard and I still don't know why the Seahawks got rid of him....Oh wait yeah I do he wasn't a Pete guy. Good job Hawks bring back Norton who's Raider team was bottom of the barrel on Defense and with Mack before he got traded. Norton is Garbage at a DC. Put his ass back as the LB coach and bring someone else in....PLEASE!!!.

sc85sis

Reaction score
hawks85":3eq9p7jz said:
Seanhawk":3eq9p7jz said:
TwistedHusky":3eq9p7jz said:
It is the DC.

Sure you can. When Richard was here we were a top 10 Defense. I liked Richard and I still don't know why the Seahawks got rid of him....Oh wait yeah I do he wasn't a Pete guy. Good job Hawks bring back Norton who's Raider team was bottom of the barrel on Defense and with Mack before he got traded. Norton is Garbage at a DC. Put his ass back as the LB coach and bring someone else in....PLEASE!!!.
Kris wasn’t a Pete guy? He played for Pete at USC, started his coaching career under Pete at USC, and then followed Pete to Seattle.

olyfan63

Reaction score
sc85sis":p94b5tq4 said:
Kris wasn’t a Pete guy? He played for Pete at USC, started his coaching career under Pete at USC, and then followed Pete to Seattle.

Nice fact-drop. OK, so Kris Richard was a Pete Guy. Probably also with a secondary-forward approach to D, like that old DB prospect, Pete Carroll.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawks85":10l03b98 said:
Seanhawk":10l03b98 said:
TwistedHusky":10l03b98 said:
It is the DC.

Definitely, our DL guys weren't winning their 1-on-1s. So is it DL talent (lack thereof), DL coaching, or scheme?

We know Norton is running Pete's scheme, and I think Pete probably gives him the outline of the game plan he wants for a given opponent.

What we don't know is the tradeoffs in that game plan. Maybe the game plan was to stuff the ru were counting on making Cam throw it a lot and expecting to get a couple picks on bad throws. Not a bad bet, we've seen Cam make bad throws before. If our DBs hold on to the pick-6s that were there for the taking, and house them besides, does that change how good a DC Norton is? Would a final score of a 45-23 win make anyone feel different about Norton?

It would be simpler if Norton was the problem, and replacing him would make an instant positive difference in our defense.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":26ft1yn4 said:
We played 2 teams with some great weapons Offensively . IT'S NOT GREAT AS FAR AS RUSHING THE PASSER BUT THE RUN DEFENSE HAS BEEN VERY GOOD.

Who knew that the key to an excellent run defense is a great offense. Nobodies even really trying to run against us.

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2fym6qd1 said:
It is the DC.

What is it that you expect out of the gate?

no preseason... but even so.. The Hawks NEVER come out perfect at the beginning of the season... they always have to work in a progression to build continuity and learn to play together to find stride...Every year.. and about the 4th quarter of the season things get real and they take off... every year... They just need time to work it out make the pieces fit... That's what makes Carroll so special is that he is really good at it...

Norton is a good coach. but I guess the BLAME for going 2-0 has to go somewhere? Lets blame it on Sutz for not drinking enough beer!

LTH

Latest posts