Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

vin.couve12

Reaction score
IrishNW":13ml6wte said:
If Earl is causing tension on this team just get rid of him.

Yes hes an elite player. no we wont replace him probably ever.

Will our team be better without him? yes
Ever? You draft Justin Reid and he likely has the same career after 8 years.

IrishNW

Reaction score
vin.couve12":38tahy62 said:
IrishNW":38tahy62 said:

so some college kid is on Earl Thomas's level already? Justin Reid has a lot to prove just like every other college football player thats ever been drafted. Even Earl had to prove he belonged in the NFL

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1r68u4gz said:
MontanaHawk05":1r68u4gz said:
Pretty telling where the Seahawks think the cornerstone of this defense has lain all along.

Hell, if I'm Jerruh, I'd give up a first.

Jerry is 75 and even though he seems to be in good health there are no guarantees. I'm guessing he stretches out and grabs for the ring.
He’s been grabbing for that ring since 1997 and coming up empty. Jerruh is a horrible GM. *allas is a mediocre team at best.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Ah draft season, people believe the scouting reports so much that they forget most players don't live up to their supposed potential.

We will not be replacing Earl with a draft pick. I mean, sure, a player will take his place on field, but he won't be replace.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1qqxsbsp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/985195478995304448[/tweet]
Even Cowgirls fans think Mike Fisher is full of crap. He is purely speculating his own opinion.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
vin.couve12":4zzprvft said:
Seahawkwalt1967":4zzprvft said:
Northwest Seahawk":4zzprvft said:
Let's get real there not resigning him after this season so now is the time to trade him or get nothing . Then there's the stunt he pulled in Dallas last year and the talk of a holdout. Were rebuilding the roster so this is the time and I think it's almost a certainty that he is traded in the next 2 weeks.

Spot on...
I think Dallas caves and gives up a first.. they are all in w Dak being on his rookie contract
Why do that when they can have a shot at James or Reid? Their being tight on cap space doesn't even affect that decision either.

Because Jerry wants to win now..Thomas is a proven commodity.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
IrishNW":1ofgaw1x said:
vin.couve12":1ofgaw1x said:
IrishNW":1ofgaw1x said:

so some college kid is on Earl Thomas's level already? Justin Reid has a lot to prove just like every other college football player thats ever been drafted. Even Earl had to prove he belonged in the NFL
Meh, Earl was announted to his "level." Basically every 1st round pick that isn't a bust is valued too high. Earl isn't a HOF player and plays in a very conservative defense. Having 25 picks and 10 FF after 8 years isn't all that. It's a good career, but not game changing. Reed had 46 picks by then. There's a lot of falsehood about Thomas. Every bit as much as Luke Keuchly for instance. Well, maybe except for one thing, but whatever.

IrishNW

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1zokirr6 said:
IrishNW":1zokirr6 said:
vin.couve12":1zokirr6 said:
IrishNW":1zokirr6 said:

Meh, Earl was announted to his "level." Basically every 1st round pick that isn't a bust is valued too high. Earl isn't a HOF player and plays in a very conservative defense. Having 25 picks and 10 FF after 8 years isn't all that. It's a good career, but not game changing. Reed had 46 picks by then. There's a lot of falsehood about Thomas. Every bit as much as Luke Keuchly for instance. Well, maybe except for one thing, but whatever.

anyone who knows ball knows just how good ET is. You can bring up stats but stats don't tell the whole story

The game isn't played on a spreadsheet its played on the field

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IrishNW":1jb7vrmw said:
vin.couve12":1jb7vrmw said:
IrishNW":1jb7vrmw said:
vin.couve12":1jb7vrmw said:

anyone who knows ball knows just how good ET is. You can bring up stats but stats don't tell the whole story

So much this! Great post!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
IrishNW":3l014m8x said:
vin.couve12":3l014m8x said:
IrishNW":3l014m8x said:
vin.couve12":3l014m8x said:

He's very good. One of the best free safeties out there. Not nearly as good as many Hawk fans would rate him, but one of the best. A lot of that will change once he's traded though. Just the way it works with fans. I do agree about stats though, which is why Earl has never even been the best safety on hid own team, let alone the NFL. And I played for a long time. Anerican football, that is. Not soccer like in Ireland.

IrishNW

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1zj3wdd1 said:
IrishNW":1zj3wdd1 said:
vin.couve12":1zj3wdd1 said:
IrishNW":1zj3wdd1 said:

He's very good. One of the best free safeties out there. Not nearly as good as many Hawk fans would rate him, but one of the best. A lot of that will change once he's traded though. Just the way it works with fans. I do agree about stats though, which is why Earl has never even been the best safety on hid own team, let alone the NFL. And I played for a long time. Anerican football, that is. Not soccer like in Ireland.

Well i dont anything about Anerican football but i do know american football since i played it since peewee here in my home country...america

chris98251

Reaction score

He is the best FS in a generation, he is asked to do something very few have been asked to do and has done it. Play the deep and both sides of the field and run support, all at once. His stats don't show tackles and interceptions as much as others because teams don't challange him like they did his first two seasons.

That's like saying Sherman was crap because he didn't have 11 interceptions every year, takes passing at him to make a pick, but people that just live off Fantasy Stats don't get that.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":2kj5khya said:

He is the best FS in a generation, he is asked to do something very few have been asked to do and has done it. Play the deep and both sides of the field and run support, all at once. His stats don't show tackles and interceptions as much as others because teams don't challange him like they did his first two seasons.

That's like saying Sherman was crap because he didn't have 11 interceptions every year, takes passing at him to make a pick, but people that just live off Fantasy Stats don't get that.
He does not play both sides of the field. We still run cover 3 more than anything. He's made two plays in pass coverage on the deep sideline in his entire career that Sherm didn't tip to him. Seriously, look it up. It's cover 3. The FS has absolutely zero responsibility to the sideline in cover 3. That's all on the corners past 10 yards. We run cover 1 sometimes, but Earl absolutely does not make plays on the deep sideline. It's happened twice in 8 years.

Outside of this being a scheme issue, there's proof of it. Earls' main responsibility is deciding if there's a post route that he needs to worry about or coming up on a TE or slot seam route when one of the two short zone guys hands off to the deep middle.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He gets traded or we maybe possibly hopefully get some compensation for him in 2020.

The team keeps him here for 2018 but there is little chance we pay him $78 million over 5 year with $30 plus guaranteed. After that then it is back to maybe possibly hopefully some 2020 compensation instead of 2 needed early 2018 picks.

Yes he’s an awesome player and I love him but moneyball is the way of the world. Logically trading him now makes the most sense in terms of preserving some certain return for the team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2niod6jm said:

BINGO! This guy gets it! ^ 8)

Atradees

Reaction score
Thomas is a good player. Really the quarterback is only worth all world money in my opinion. We have other pressing needs. Dez has been released. I want to see the FO make this happen and get decent compensation for Thomas. giving him away for peanuts will irk me. A second alone wont do it for me. having two first rounders will absolutely save this draft; sort of like when we drafted Thomas. It would be a good irony....

john Claytons Take; Odds to 50%

[urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/439988/clayton-chance-seahawks-trade-earl-thomas-more-like-50-percent-with-dez-bryant-gone/?[/urltargetblank]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vin.couve12":uo81vkbo said:
chris98251":uo81vkbo said:

He does not play both sides of the field. We still run cover 3 more than anything. He's made two plays in pass coverage on the deep sideline in his entire career that Sherm didn't tip to him. Seriously, look it up. It's cover 3. The FS has absolutely zero responsibility to the sideline in cover 3. That's all on the corners past 10 yards. We run cover 1 sometimes, but Earl absolutely does not make plays on the deep sideline. It's happened twice in 8 years.

Outside of this being a scheme issue, there's proof of it. Earls' main responsibility is deciding if there's a post route that he needs to worry about or coming up on a TE or slot seam route when one of the two short zone guys hands off to the deep middle.

I'd agree on this particular point, but Earl is still doing an awful lot to discourage passes. His best stat is the sacks that he creates by forcing QB's to hold the ball when he discourages their favorite routes. When you see opposing QB's getting into a passing rhythm next year and chewing up our defense in ways that hasn't happened even in 2016-2017, that will be Earl's absence talking.