Seahawks and Doug Baldwin working on extension

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Rice was actually a physical specimen, but Largent sure as hell wasn't. I remember watching him and trying to figure out how the hell he got all those yards. When he made his cut, Largent just seemed to go one way while the defender went the other. I think he used to seriously get in their heads. That's why that one guy tried to take him out for keeps, his second to last year. Largent was this skinny, slow little white guy and he made these super-athlete types look like fools.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rice made himself one, his off season routine was legendary just as Walter Payton's was. Out of college no, he was considered to slow and it was why he fell in the draft.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Where this contract ends up will be interesting to me.

From the Seahawks side they need to figure out what Doug's value is to this team on and off the field and how that relates to the open market. He had a great 2nd half of the season, but how does that look going forward? Will he get those targets with Jimmy returning and Lockett emerging?

From Doug's side, he has to be looking at the recent contracts and wanting at least what market has paid those guys. Will he be willing to give any 'discount' because he likes his situation (city, coaches, teammates), his position as a leader on the team and the fact that they should be a contending team for at least a few years?

This is a tough one. Doug is not an top/elite performer at his position like Earl, Sherm, Kam, MB, Bobby, Russ, but I think the organization sees him as a core member. He is a very good, dependable WR who had a great half season. He is a leader on the team, embodies the Seahawk mentality and has great chemistry with the QB. How much do you pay for that? *shrugs*

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
LolaRox":jzhxbjxb said:
He is a very good, dependable WR who had a great half season. He is a leader on the team, embodies the Seahawk mentality and has great chemistry with the QB. How much do you pay for that? *shrugs*

IMO....Doug is the primary reason the Hawks made it to the Post Season. Without his play at those important moments, no post season last year.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
He just posted a 1000+ yard season while leading the league in receiving TDs. That are WR1 stats without a doubt.

Couple that with him being Russ' most trusted target and him pretty much fulfilling Marshawn's role in terms of attitude on offense makes me think that giving Doug some good money is definitely worth it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1dfhlot8 said:
Rice was actually a physical specimen, but Largent sure as hell wasn't. I remember watching him and trying to figure out how the hell he got all those yards. When he made his cut, Largent just seemed to go one way while the defender went the other. I think he used to seriously get in their heads. That's why that one guy tried to take him out for keeps, his second to last year. Largent was this skinny, slow little white guy and he made these super-athlete types look like fools.

Largent was fast where it counted, ie coming out of his cuts. And he had a sixth sense that told him when the exact right moment to cut was, when the defender was most susceptible and most off balance. I've never seen a receiver that could cut like Largent could. And of course, his route running, his footwork, and his hands were second to none. Add it all up and he was an extraordinary gifted athlete.