SeahawkBlue and why it went down for good

Doc

Reaction score
Too the members of Seahawks.net. I am sure some of you had visited Seahawkblue over the years. The site ran for 17 years this Feb.

I have some sad news to report to any of the old blue members.

Troy one of the founders passed at 59 on 1/11/2023. I have posted a tribute page at (Seahawkblue.com) if anyone is interested.

After Troys passing the forum went down as Troys wife will not be able to run a forum like that.

Just thought some might be interested.

Hope this is not offensive to this great forum. My intention was simply to get the word out.

doc

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Too the members of Saehawks.net. I am sure some of you had visited Seahawkblue over the years. The site ran for 17 years this Feb.

I have some sad news to report to any of the old blue members.

Troy one of the founders passed at 59 on 1/11/2023. I have posted a tribute page at (Sehawkblue.com) if anyone is interested.

After Troys passing the forum went down as Troys wife will not be able to run a forum like that.

Just thought some might be interested.

Hope this is not offensive to this great forum. My intention was simply to get the word out.

doc
Your forum address is misspelled. So, here is a copy of your tribute.

TCText
Link >>> https://seahawkblue.com/
My condolences to you on the loss of a dear friend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Doc

Reaction score
Your forum address is misspelled. So, here is a copy of your tribute.

View attachment 56997
Link >>> https://seahawkblue.com/
My condolences to you on the loss of a dear friend.
I fixed it and thank you very much... When Troy passed, he did not apparently leave the keys for the forum and we have no way to contact anyone. the site was down for 2 weeks before his wife contacted me, i insisted we at the least do a tribute page so that is all we have. I renewed the url for one year to hopefully let people know what happened.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My sincere condolences to the loss of a close friend, and to his family and all the 12's he brought together. I can't say I recall going to his fan forum over the years but any loss of a 12 is a loss for all of us. Troy joins a very special group of 12's with the best seat in the house now.

Nunya

Reaction score
Seahawkblue was a happening place in the days!!! The last crash/hack really took a toll. TC was a great friend to everybody that visited the site. Though I never had a chance to participate, I remember Homecoming was always a fun time of year. RIP Troy. You will be missed.

Thank you Doc for coming here and letting us know. I noticed the site was down a little over a week ago.

Last edited:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Hey, Doc! Welcome to the Zoo! I searched for SeahawksBlue yesterday, and found out the sad news.

I remember going to that great tailgate party y'all put together. Wasn't there a few meet ups to watch away games?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
All love and respect for any true blue fan who gets the ultimate Seat Upgrade. Thanks for coming here and letting us know.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Speaking as a contributing SeahawkBlue member for some half a decade during the site's heyday, I greatly appreciate this tribute to Troy. In my experience, TC was a top-notch admin of an NFL fan blog as well as a personable and generous human being.

I was fortunate enough to attend three of the first four SB "Motherland" meetups, initially encountering TC when we and other site members stepped into an elevator together at our hotel in the shadow of the monorail in downtown Seattle. Troy and I had never previously met in person, but he recognized me immediately and fully welcomed me into the already bonded group.

Troy is the third member of The Blue who I came to know well but has since passed on, each time enormously difficult. I will fondly recall our time spent conversing online and at various gatherings in pubs, parking lots, and stadium seats.

Last edited:

MOSES

Reaction score
I was very sad to hear about this. Episode 1027 of the 12 Man Fan Jam Show will open with a dedication quarter to TC. without TC, I would have never thought of doing a Seahawk podcast. I was a member of his podcast (Bluewave Radio) for years. I am forever thankful to him and SeahawkBlue.com where (like here) I met so many wonderful people. He will definitely be missed.

OP
OP
D

Doc

Reaction score
I was very sad to hear about this. Episode 1027 of the 12 Man Fan Jam Show will open with a dedication quarter to TC. without TC, I would have never thought of doing a Seahawk podcast. I was a member of his podcast (Bluewave Radio) for years. I am forever thankful to him and SeahawkBlue.com where (like here) I met so many wonderful people. He will definitely be missed.
Moses... I remember fondly you and TC doing them... So nice to hear from you!!!

doc

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sad to hear about TC. Was a good guy.
We went back to the AOL Mariners forums, and other Mariners forums during their playoff runs in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. A good soul has been lost and my condolences and love are sent to his family.

I believe there is a link for a go fund me for his family at the old sites address. TC left us too soon. Godspeed my old friend.

Reactions: FPD

trav

Reaction score
RIP TC. just found this forum and read the news. Will miss his contributions to the community and his sense of humor. I liked the way he would always make fun of the opposing team name.

KC Queefs. still slays me.

Godspeed.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
RIP TC. just found this forum and read the news. Will miss his contributions to the community and his sense of humor. I liked the way he would always make fun of the opposing team name.

KC Queefs. still slays me.

Godspeed.
🖐️ Greetings, trav. Glad you found this site.