Schneider- Recoup Kam's signing bonus because of holdout?

andyh64000

Reaction score
Scottemojo":26nwdkju said:
Fans make this quote about it not being as fair for players as for teams. But if Kam had a career ending injury, the team would still have to pay the Guaranteed portions of his deal. It goes both ways.

In fact, teams give huge signing bonuses to players, bonuses that really are pay for years not yet played.

I don't really have a problem with Kam's holdout except for one thing, when he was originally extended the Hawks made him the example for how they treat players who have the right kind of approach to the team sport. He was pretty much the first Pete Carroll pick to be singled out like that. He bought his mom a house, it was a really touching story. Late round pick works hard, and him and team appreciate each other.

This holdout has the feel of Kam seeing other contracts, a bit bigger than his, and feeling unappreciated.

Or maybe he is just pulling a big Walt and avoiding some training camp.

The reason he is holding out is because he has no more guaranteed money and he is being underpaid and he didn't get a huge signing bonus. If he has a career ending injury his earnings are finished. Did he sign a bad contract?...Yes...was it his fault? Yes. And regardless of what happens that will still cost him money.

Personally...I think he has earned having next year's salary guaranteed...kind of like a non-scholarship player earning a scholarship. It wouldn't affect the cap and you know that he is going to be a Seahawk next year regardless.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2veas8es said:
They should give his money to Bennett.

Bennett doesn't deserve crap. All he does is cry to the media.

kjreid

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":36scye0p said:
SalishHawkFan":36scye0p said:
SeaChase":36scye0p said:
Getting about tired of all these players not happy with the current millions they are making. You're like on year two of your of your 4 year contract that you signed. Maybe you should have thought about this a year ago ...
I just roll my eyes at the people who think players should honor their contracts when the team never has to be held to the same standard. The team can terminate their contract with the player at any time.

Obviously, the player can terminate his contract with the team at any time as well.

I just roll my eyes at people who think that the players are actually worth more than the millions they're already earning.

Well its either the player or the owners getting the millions, I say give it to the players

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":38tk5nhc said:
SeaChase":38tk5nhc said:
Getting about tired of all these players not happy with the current millions they are making. You're like on year two of your of your 4 year contract that you signed. Maybe you should have thought about this a year ago ...
I just roll my eyes at the people who think players should honor their contracts when the team never has to be held to the same standard. The team can terminate their contract with the player at any time.

Obviously, the player can terminate his contract with the team at any time as well.
Hmm, so JS has made a habit of terminating players contracts? bullshit.

KPA

Reaction score
I really don't think Kam needs to report until the 3rd preseason game. He plays the game at 1 speed, and there's no reason to punish his knees and shoulders any more than nessesary. Enjoy your break Kam....

Sealake80

Reaction score
So happy to read the intelligent conversation going on here about contracts... Without all the character judgements.

edogg23

Reaction score
The NFL has a salary cap. If players are not happy with their contract they should either blame themselves or blame their union reps for negotiating the current CBA. I am starting to think the Seahawks need to give Kam a deadline of like the first preason game to comeback or else they will no longer consider waiving his fines. You have to set an example at some point why this is not ok for everyone to do.