Saw the Fox announcement crew at my hotel after the game...

efried78

Reaction score
I saw Siragusa and said to him "how 'bout them Seahawks!?" He grumpily looked up from his phone and said, "yeah, they look pretty good buddy". I'm so pissed at myself that I only thought to give him crap about the "Russell Williams" gaffe after the fact. Would have loved to hear his response to that.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
efried78":1kzhyyv4 said:
I saw Siragusa and said to him "how 'bout them Seahawks!?" He grumpily looked up from his phone and said, "yeah, they look pretty good buddy". I'm so pissed at myself that I only thought to give him crap about the "Russell Williams" gaffe after the fact. Would have loved to hear his response to that.

Probably just as well you didn't give him grief about that. He probably knows, and probably gets a ton of shit talked to him by fans of all 32 teams. Probably.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
efried78":13vxrt8y said:

Ahh good old hindsight!

I ran into Jim Harbaugh at Old Pro in Palo Alto CA a few years ago and got a pic with him. Same thing happened to me. Missed the opportunity to say something funny.

OP
OP
efried78

efried78

Reaction score
JSeahawks":irovw1l4 said:
Did you see Marcus Davis and teddy brennaman too? Or only Billy bob Siragusa?

All three of 'em.

I was at the game so I didn't know about the Jonathan Baldwin thing. Is that for real!?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
efried78":dhzkk5iu said:
JSeahawks":dhzkk5iu said:
Did you see Marcus Davis and teddy brennaman too? Or only Billy bob Siragusa?

All three of 'em.

I was at the game so I didn't know about the Jonathan Baldwin thing. Is that for real!?

Yep. I hear Russell Williams and Jonathan Baldwin are going to go down as one of the best QB to WR tandems in history.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I know Charles messed up a couple times but he's relatively new at game broadcasting and I've seen many do the same type of errors. He gave lots of props to our players and was respectful.

Have any of you guys watched him analyze NFL college prospects. He's pretty good at it. Speaks very well and you can tell he does his homework. I know there is some fun ribbing him but the rest is pretty petty and stupid, he's not a scumbag.

olyfan63

Reaction score
efried78":11i07qz2 said:

I'd say Siragusa gave you a passably decent response for the circumstances. At last check, he's human too. What's to be gained by pressing his buttons reminding him of his screwups? As if the rest of us never screw up? The guy has a lot of irons in the fire, and give him credit for making a go of a few things.

Why not instead ask him about something from the Sopranos, or about any especially cool upcoming episodes of The Man Caves show he hosts, or ask him what he thinks the best defenses since the 2000 Ravens have been. Ask him what's best to order at Tiff's. (His restaurant) I bet he'd talk to someone for a minute or two about the Man Caves show if nothing else.

All that's assuming you'd actually rather have an interesting conversation with a celeb instead of simply try to press his buttons.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I woulda pancaked your ass. Then done a belly roll.

Charles Davis may have screwed up a game, but the guy actually watches footage of past games. He knows scheme. I respect that.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Whats with all the stupid responses in this thread? The OP is simply sharing his experience, nothing he said was out of line.
Good grief.

The guys a sidelines reporter and he doesn't keep up with names of players.
I pity the fool.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If you watch other NFL games, names get mispronounced quite frequently. It's nothing to get all worked up about.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2hlgptrz said:
Whats with all the stupid responses in this thread? The OP is simply sharing his experience, nothing he said was out of line.
Good grief.

The guys a sidelines reporter and he doesn't keep up with names of players.
I pity the fool.

A-Team...cozi tv starts January 1st all day long.

Go Hawks.

Giblien

Reaction score
olyfan63":1lsgam21 said:
efried78":1lsgam21 said:

I'd say Siragusa gave you a passably decent response for the circumstances. At last check, he's human too. What's to be gained by pressing his buttons reminding him of his screwups? As if the rest of us never screw up? The guy has a lot of irons in the fire, and give him credit for making a go of a few things.

Why not instead ask him about something from the Sopranos, or about any especially cool upcoming episodes of The Man Caves show he hosts, or ask him what he thinks the best defenses since the 2000 Ravens have been. Ask him what's best to order at Tiff's. (His restaurant) I bet he'd talk to someone for a minute or two about the Man Caves show if nothing else.

All that's assuming you'd actually rather have an interesting conversation with a celeb instead of simply try to press his buttons.

:13:

capncrunch

Reaction score
I thought the Fox crew was pretty good. I have always been a fan of Siragusa. He brings some humor and personality to the job. So what if he screws up a name here and there. He is not running for president. They usually use ladies in the sideline role. It's a nice change of pace to have his coverage instead. Last game he had an interesting conversation with Pete regarding our defensive approach to Jimmy Claussen. I thought at the time, that was better than Pam Oliver or one of the others would have come up with.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm probably a lone in this, but I think Saragusa purposely called Russell Wilson "Russell Williams" and Doug Baldwin "Jonathan Baldwin". Just to be a you know what. He can get away with it because most people think it's an honest mistake, but sorry, not me. That's back to back weeks now where Tony has missed big time. I'm not buying it.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
My wife and I both thought either this broadcast crew has been drinking too much or they are terrible at their job. They messed up more names than Russ and Baldwin too but overall very poor.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
What the heck did you expect him to do? Wax poetic about the team? :lol:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Crizilla":1n6iyj8l said:
I'm probably a lone in this, but I think Saragusa purposely called Russell Wilson "Russell Williams" and Doug Baldwin "Jonathan Baldwin". Just to be a you know what. He can get away with it because most people think it's an honest mistake, but sorry, not me. That's back to back weeks now where Tony has missed big time. I'm not buying it.

It was David that called him johnathon, not Siragusa.