Saints Players on RW

Sac

Reaction score
S Malcolm Jenkins: “I would call him an elite quarterback. And the reason I say that is because he's not just -- him being mobile is not the only dimension. He actually goes through his reads. He changes protections. He can scramble. And then when he does scramble he's not just trying to run, he's trying to buy time to throw down the field. And that progression is unique. Most people who scramble usually read one or two receivers, then they're trying to get out of the pocket.

“He's reading, scrambling, and then going back to reading down the field. And that presents a huge problem for a secondary guy when you've got to cover him for four or five seconds. My grandmother can get open under that time. And I think that's what makes him elite. He's really the only person that has that whole package, I think, in the NFL. I think he does it better than anybody.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-sai ... l-wilson-2

Axx

Reaction score
nice to know russ put the fear of god into people who live down in the bayou

CANHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1tjzplmg said:
Also, I took part of that comment as a knock on Kaepernick.

I don't think anyone was actively trying to knock Kap. It's just facts; Kap makes one read then tries to run whereas Russell is always looking to throw. The fact is that Russell is a significantly better QB that Kap. I can dig it...

Exittium

Reaction score
CANHawk":1wu3j5ek said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1wu3j5ek said:
Also, I took part of that comment as a knock on Kaepernick.

I don't think anyone was actively trying to knock Kap. It's just facts; Kap makes one read then tries to run whereas Russell is always looking to throw. The fact is that Russell is a significantly better QB that Kap. I can dig it...

Agreed and to expand on the point, RW isn't one to try and make it a 1 man show. He loves to throw to his guys and give them chances, and give them all credit. Def an outstanding QB as well as Person.

Jville

Reaction score
Nice find :th2thumbs:

Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan: "He was exceptional. My previous experience against him was the second week he ever started (when Ryan was with Dallas in 2012). So obviously he's come a long way from there. I see him as a premier quarterback in this league. We all see it. And we have to be excellent and at the top of our game to slow this guy down.”

mikeak

Reaction score
I would have preferred comments like "the midget sucks and we are going to ignore him in our gameplan........"

Just saying

CANHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":oz4cc7qc said:
I would have preferred comments like "the midget sucks and we are going to ignore him in our gameplan........"

Just saying

I don't mind comments like this, because if they're busy worrying about gameplanning for Russell, that means the AREN'T busy gameplanning for Marshawn. Pick your poison. How do you want to die today...?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
mikeak":1kr32cx3 said:

Just saying

"if we could find that little sucker..we would tackle him. Maybe next time."
LMAO
:sarcasm_off: :sarcasm_off:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothin' but respect and love for the Saints. Just not your year. You had your ring. It's time for ours. Nothing personal, it's just been a very long time in coming.