Saints Lose + the battle for the #1 seed

W

Welshers

Looks like the Packers are going to win. But it means we are only 1 game back from the 1 seed. Saints still play the Chiefs, Packers still play the Titans. IF we win out, we are still alive to get that 1st seed and bye.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Both the Packers or Saints would each have to lose a conference game for us to catch them. So even if we run the table, a Saints loss to the Chiefs of Packers loss to the Titans is meaningless. Time to become a Panthers and Bears fan.

nwHawk

Reaction score
So... you're saying there is a chance?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's fun to still think of the #1 seed but I personally think that's not likely now. Even if we are only 1 game back wins and losses-wise. My focus is trying to win the NFC West from the Rams. Next Sunday against WFT is MASSIVE. Waaaaay more than I ever would have thought weeks ago.

Rams are going to beat the Jets obviously. We cannot afford to be down a game leading up to our matchup two weeks from today. We need this win badly in order to make a victory against the Rams give us back the lead in the NFC West with one game remaining.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Aros":27kmayls said:
Rams are going to beat the Jets obviously.
It's likely but not a certainty. After all, the reason this thread exists is that the Saints just lost to the Eagles. Anything can happen in a single NFL game.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I think even with a loss next week, winning the last 2 would give us the division. Should it play out that way, after 15 games we'd be tied with the Rams with the season series split. Rams would be 2-3 in the division, Hawk would be 3-2. Then a win over the Niners would put the division record at 4-2 which the Rams could not match.
But for conference position, of course can't afford any slip ups.

rcaido

Reaction score
Our new favorite team will be the Carolina Panthers.

Panther needs to beat the Saints we will win the tie break. I think the Chiefs & Vikings will finish them off for us. So no need for a tie breaker.

Panthers or Bears needs to beat Packers to win the tie breaker. Titans game does nothing for us.

Latest posts