16 sacks, #1 in the league

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks our defense is great now is in for a rude awakening as the rest of the season unfolds. They did a lot of great stuff tonight, but that was against a Giants team who played abysmal football in almost every facet of the game.
They have depth and talent throughout. Where is their weakness?

nwHawk

Reaction score
One thing stood out tonight, Hawks had “gangs” around ball carriers. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen it here in Seattle. I feel this team is about to shake the league, again. Can’t wait!

James in PA

Reaction score
They come in waves...

And the Blue Wave is on a roll!

strohmin

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks our defense is great now is in for a rude awakening as the rest of the season unfolds. They did a lot of great stuff tonight, but that was against a Giants team who played abysmal football in almost every facet of the game.
Whatever it may be. It's been a while since I've seen a Seahawks defense dominate like that where the other offense just gave up. We may not be great but I liked what I saw tonight.

LTH

Reaction score
What a difference one game makes.

I'll take it!
I just think they let the dogs loose because Woolen and spoon were playing on the same field and they had confidence in the coverage not giving up big plays when they blitzed....

I know it's just the Giants but from what I saw tonight Hurt has the potential to have a VERY special group here . They can bring pressure effectively from anywhere on the field... they are not even insync yet... they just getting going. This group is mean!!!

LTH

knownone

Reaction score
The defense has the potential to be great. This is easily the best group we've had since 2017. And if Adams stays healthy, we have another dynamic pass rusher who can blitz from anywhere.

Mick063

Reaction score
Representative sampling. Look it up.

I'm preaching to folks that draw conclusions from a preseason PFF grade. It is a hopeless endeavor. But I'll keep trying.

There once was a time when science was revered but we have since abandoned the scientific method. Hence, our lack of understanding ripples across our daily functional lives. Ripples into almost every aspect of our daily lives. It explains why we give credence to a preseason PFF grade. We just don't know any better. Because we have collectively abandoned science. We have turned opinions into facts and then declared that everyone has a right to them. Not their own opinions, but their own facts. We enforce this concept because our alternate reality cannot exist unless we impose the ideology of "everyone is entitled to their own facts" world view. In this thread, our collective ignorance is reveled to the world, to those that understand the concept of representative sampling. To those that understand basic science.

We have embraced idiocracy and we don't even realize it. The world is laughing at us and we don't even realize it.

Last edited:

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
They were abysmal because of how well Seattle played. Those two outcomes are connected dude. I would hope even the Chicken Little sub community here can at least understand the game of football enough to know that.

Xxx

Reaction score
They were abysmal because of how well Seattle played. Those two outcomes are connected dude. I would hope even the Chicken Little sub community here can at least understand the game of football enough to know that.
11 sacks. That had nothing to do with Seattle getting their pash rush figured out. That was all just NY trying to deal with a patchwork offensive line… bs…. geno has been dealing with a backup line for weeks. 3-1 cause we got a rude awakening coming. Nah… Seattle was why NY was abysmal….

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I just think they let the dogs loose because Woolen and spoon were playing on the same field and they had confidence in the coverage not giving up big plays when they blitzed....

I know it's just the Giants but from what I saw tonight Hurt has the potential to have a VERY special group here . They can bring pressure effectively from anywhere on the field... they are not even insync yet... they just getting going. This group is mean!!!

LTH
Right, get Brown and Adams back and synched in - and look out ;)