16 sacks, #1 in the league

hoxrox

Reaction score
Awesome to see all those sacks and QB hits. It was like watching the defense of old.

evergreen

Reaction score
Don't forget our patchwork offensive line getting mauled by them. It wasn't like our offense was rolling and they had to throw to keep up. It was 14-3 and they were knocking at the door. People act like it was a blow out from the beginning. Our D stepped up and did the same thing Dallas and 49 era did. Should count.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
here's a stat i didn't know:

Spoon's got 2! On his Way!

Dude is such a baller. I loved that shit last night. And after the brain-fing-damaged holdout. Who knew!?! Well, to be fair, Pete did.

!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The Giats are a trash team but bad defenses make trash teams look good (See Fields throw for 4tds against Denver?). Gives me a lot of hope that our defense isn't actually trash but average.

Witherspoon in the slot is hype though.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Representative sampling. Look it up.

I'm preaching to folks that draw conclusions from a preseason PFF grade. It is a hopeless endeavor. But I'll keep trying.

There once was a time when science was revered but we have since abandoned the scientific method. Hence, our lack of understanding ripples across our daily functional lives. Ripples into almost every aspect of our daily lives. It explains why we give credence to a preseason PFF grade. We just don't know any better. Because we have collectively abandoned science. We have turned opinions into facts and then declared that everyone has a right to them. Not their own opinions, but their own facts. We enforce this concept because our alternate reality cannot exist unless we impose the ideology of "everyone is entitled to their own facts" world view. In this thread, our collective ignorance is reveled to the world, to those that understand the concept of representative sampling. To those that understand basic science.

We have embraced idiocracy and we don't even realize it. The world is laughing at us and we don't even realize it.
“We”… so you too have embraced idiocracy? “Us”… the world is laughing at you also? But you understand basic science, how can they dare laugh at you…

BASF

Reaction score
I hate that I have to be the one to make the correlation, but we handled the OL injuries in the Rams game about as well as the Giants did against us. Crowing about our starters being able to take advantage of an in game situation and lauding our handling of OL injuries after time to adapt seems wrong.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Great to be number 1 in sacks!

Unfortunately it won't last.

The Dolphins should have the lead next week. I anticipate the Bills the week thereafter followed by the Commanders.

I would go on but I don't have the Giants schedule memorized.

HHawk121

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks our defense is great now is in for a rude awakening as the rest of the season unfolds. They did a lot of great stuff tonight, but that was against a Giants team who played abysmal football in almost every facet of the game.
It's one thing to tally sacks or turnovers in the "it was just a bad team" column... but they played in position, swarmed to the ball, and played relentlessly.. I think those things carry over to any team they play against as they gain more experience together.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pretty sure whoever plays the Giants last will end up #1 in the league for a short time.
The Cowboys looked like world beaters after destroying the Giants. They later lost to the Birds.

But this was a feel-good win the team deserved after having so many injuries.