Saints fan assaulted last night at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm not going to apologize for something I had absolutely no part in. When you have 60,000 football fans in a stadium there's a good chance you're going to find a lot of drunk, redneck/hoodlum assholes who take this stuff personally. You also deal with the situation of having a lot of people waiting for someone else to jump in and stop it. It's just a fact that the more people there are the less chance of someone helping.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2pw1xq4k said:
I'm not going to apologize for something I had absolutely no part in. When you have 60,000 football fans in a stadium there's a good chance you're going to find a lot of drunk, redneck/hoodlum assholes who take this stuff personally. You also deal with the situation of having a lot of people waiting for someone else to jump in and stop it. It's just a fact that the more people there are the less chance of someone helping.

This, even if it did happen, there's no reason for an apology.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I hope it's not true, and it happens in every stadium but still sucks.

My wife got pushed and spilled a tray of beer at an Arizona away game while trying to get beer. It was by a guy and not a chick. Then they all proceeded to laugh at her. I went up to see who it was and all 5 of them dispersed quickly. Pissed me off since stadium beer is so expensive !

Thing that's weirding me out is that you only see one side of her face but from what I can see, the other eye looks exactly the same.

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
Sometimes people run their mouths to much. A couple of years back my friend that sits behind me asked a guy to go down his own row to get to his seats, because the guy kept jumping over the seats, coming down by them. Told him they were already getting up for all the people in thier row and that was after about five trips by them. The guy never replied, but the lady with him just kept talking crap for a good five minutes while my friends just kept watching the game. It got to the point where my wife was getting annoyed with the lady and even commented to me that the lady was starting to irritate her. My friend finally looked over his shoulder and said keep talking crap because your not the one that's gonna get your butt kicked. I think she got the point because I didn't hear her the rest of the game. All parties invovled were hawk fans. Not saying who was wrong and who was right just a long winded way of saying sometimes you have to know when to be quiet.

Just speculation, but as has been pointed out I read the same post about the husbands past "experiences" at the stadium and the first thought was BS when saw this. Maybe the Man bumped into her, she starting running her mouth and the wife didn't like how he was being talked to and took manners into her own hands. If it did happen like he said then that's messed up.

Sometimes a woman will talk more crap to a man because the guy isn't gonna touch them and they know it. I've seen plenty of guys get beat up because thier wife or girlfiend wouldn't be quiet. I had this discussion with my wife when she was starting to argue with a guy. I told her to be quiet and if the guy wanted to look like an ass then let him. She started to defend why she was arguing when I told her "look your not the one whose gonna be fighting if he says the wrong thing." to which she replied "oh"

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
There are 2 sides to every story and until I'd heard both I wouldn't be apologising for anything.

This whole situation seems fishier than that fish that gets thrown around in Seattle for some unknown reason.

Atradees

Reaction score
Whenever there is alcohol and a large public presence things happen. Its the risk you take going outside your doors.
Especially if you are trying to start something or looking for trouble. I am not apologizing.
I don't condone violence and condemning the perception of a fan-base based upon these incidents is motivated.

Saints33

Reaction score
mikeak":gmpahs8c said:
I expected a picture of Drew Brees or Graham when I clicked on this link...,

:lol: Most people I heard from that traveled there enjoyed the game and had a blast. Hope ya'll tear the niners up this week.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RockHawk":1algejm8 said:
For what it's worth, I texted one of the SPD Sergeants that work the home games and asked about this and he said nothing like this was reported to the PD, and they didn't have any reports from C-Link security about anything like this. He's one of the cops that lead up these types of incident calls at the stadium, so he finds it hard to believe that it took place at the stadium.

Not saying it absolutely didn't happen as claimed, but it may have had to happen outside of stadium grounds if it did.

Thanks for the info, at least good to know it didn't happen inside. Still a little suspect about the whole thing though.

OP
OP
onanygivensunday

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I retracted my apology at the Saints forum.

Last thing I expected was blowback from my fellow .NET-ers.

I'll chalk it up to different eras... different life experiences... different morals.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
What was a guy doing in the line to the ladies room? That is where he supposedly elbowed her, right?\

OP
OP
onanygivensunday

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Scottemojo":h3a0i5ka said:
What was a guy doing in the line to the ladies room? That is where he supposedly elbowed her, right?\
The waiting lines typically snake outside of the bathrooms.

I assumed she was waiting in one of those when the alleged offending couple walked past here and allegedly assaulted her.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":345aodhw said:
I retracted my apology at the Saints forum.

Last thing I expected was blowback from my fellow .NET-ers.

I'll chalk it up to different eras... different life experiences... different morals.

internet aplogies alone are shallow and meaningless... not sure how morals, era or experience play a part in it. If you set up a victims fund or work with the local authorities and the rest of .net to solve this hate crime on behalf of Who Dat nation then maybe... but come on.

lets say its all true. its two people and two other people out of hundreds of thousands. what exactly are you apologizing for?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":md7ac63s said:
Scottemojo":md7ac63s said:
The waiting lines typically snake outside of the bathrooms.

I assumed she was waiting in one of those when the alleged offending couple walked past here and allegedly assaulted her.

The guy I brought to the Vikings game, Matt, witnessed an assault in the mens room. A Vikings fan and a verrry drunk Hawk fan were both waiting to use a urinal, the Vikings fan was there first, and as he stepped up to use it, the drunk Hawk fan smashed his head into the block wall. My buddy had to go make a statement to the police. He was gone for about a half hour, I thought he got lost or something. This is all 2nd hand, but Matt is a credible guy. There was no argument, no dispute, just violence. Alcohol+asshole+tribal colors=violence.

Just in daily life the percentage of people I meet that are just plain assholes is way to high. To pretend that you can get 70000 people together in one place and not have a decent percentage of assholes in the crowd is stupid. That doesn't make this particular story true, in fact it feels fabricated, but something like this story transpires in every single stadium every single game.

maporsche

Reaction score
86Hawk":2ng564b6 said:
If this is true ban these pieces of sh#t from the clink forever. I saw a 12 get punched in Arizona this season waiting in a beer line. The tards fan thought since it was a home game he should be helped first so he sucker punched him. No room for this bs.

I got sucker punched at a Seattle @ Chicago game couple years back. I had a poster on webzone tell me that I started the fight just for showing up to support the Hawks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
To be fair, American NFL fans really have little to complain about. While their may be some altercations at their events, try reading up on English and European football matches. The games themselves became mere staging points for hordes of gangs to clash. These fans used their allegiance to the club as a simple badge with which to be violent.

Its nothing new, and for the most part the US has done a very good job in handling it. In England and Europe, away fans sit in sections specifically for them, enter in at gates and take streets lined with arm guards to protect them. this is modern football over there. In the 70s and early 80s games easily turned into bloodbaths.

Yes, its a problem in the NFL, but a very small one in relation to other sporting events. Point being while getting sucker punched, verbally abused and the occassional full on fight (and even murder) or terrible stories, it seems to be more reflective of the environment created by the event. Simply put, sports can attract some types of humans and those some humans cant help themselves.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I got nacho cheese sauce and soda dumped over my head at a Raiders game once.

It was maybe a bit excessive, but I understand why it happened.

Long story short, came home drunk as hell at about 8:00 AM on a Sunday morning, when our QB texted me saying someone gave him some great Raiders tickets the night before, and he was going to pick me up in 30 minutes. By 12:00PM or so the game is in the 3rd quarter, it's a crappy one, and I've fallen asleep in the endzone section surrounded by Raiders Nation. They of course don't take too kindly to me falling asleep in their most rabid section as the team is trying to claw its way back, and the guys behind me wake me up by dumping nacho cheese sauce and soda all over my head (I was wearing a hoodie, and they basically filled it with nacho cheese sauce and soda and then flipped it onto my head. I turn around groggy and pissed as heck, and there's about 6 of them and four of us, so I look over to my friends to see what we're going to do about it. Rather than wanting to do something about it though they're all laughing hysterically. Turns out the Raiders fans were b!tching about me sleeping (and rightfully so), and one of my best friends, who was quite drunk himself by the third quarter, was the one who encouraged them and put them up to it. :lol: :lol:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":31dytm7c said:
To be fair, American NFL fans really have little to complain about. While their may be some altercations at their events, try reading up on English and European football matches. The games themselves became mere staging points for hordes of gangs to clash. These fans used their allegiance to the club as a simple badge with which to be violent.

Its nothing new, and for the most part the US has done a very good job in handling it. In England and Europe, away fans sit in sections specifically for them, enter in at gates and take streets lined with arm guards to protect them. this is modern football over there. In the 70s and early 80s games easily turned into bloodbaths.

Yes, its a problem in the NFL, but a very small one in relation to other sporting events. Point being while getting sucker punched, verbally abused and the occassional full on fight (and even murder) or terrible stories, it seems to be more reflective of the environment created by the event. Simply put, sports can attract some types of humans and those some humans cant help themselves.

As someone who has watched football all over England I can tell you it's really not as bad as you are trying to make out. The Police arent armed in the UK so we are not kept separate by arm guards in the slightest. There are stewards in hi-viz jackets but these are normal people off the streets paid to look after the crowd for a couple of hours.

It used to be bad but it's nowhere near that level any more, mostly because it's so expensive it's a waste of your money to get in a scrap and thrown out. Football (Soccer) is much more family orientated these days. The only battles you see now are songs and chants which is helped by being surrounded by your fellow fans. I have to say I find the fans mingling in NFL to be quite a strange concept.

Mainland Europe (especially Eastern Europe) has big problems still with hooliganism but England less so.

TheOak

Reaction score
I was directed here by onanygivensunday. I have seen an awful lot of assumptions in the threads on both boards and I will just leave it at this. No Seahawks fan needs to apologize for anything they were not involved in, just like I am not going to apologize for something an azzhole Saints fan has done. This seems to have been isolated and there is no need for either fan base to take it personally. For all we know the Seahawks fans in question could have flown in from New Orleans for the game, same as if the incident has happened in New Orleans it could have been a Saints fan from Seattle..

As far as for the comment about a guy being inline for the ladies room.. I have been to many games, those restroom lines wrap around for days at 1/2 time and usually through concession lines etc. Personally I do not bring my children to NFL games, and I do in fact stay with my wife when she is in line.... Too many bad eggs out there to leave her alone, idiots come in all shapes, sizes, and jersey colors.

Peace
TheOak

Status
Not open for further replies.