RW3's legacy

toffee

Reaction score
I would think that if Broncos cut or trade Wilson, his performance with his next team will decide his legacy. So far, one could argue that he performed great in Seattle, bad in Denver, the next one tilt the weight on way or another.

Wilson is on his 5th OC, he basically ran all of them out of town, and his 3rd HC. One thing for sure, he either resisted changing or unable to change, Russell Wilson plays Russball, and he was good at it until recently.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
There's a Michael Lombardi report saying Russ is gone next year or his salary the year after is fully guaranteed. I think they eat the cap hit. Dangerwich either signs as a back up in Cleveland...starts in the Xfl..or goes to the booth for the Badgers games. He is not good enough to start in this league at the price he thinks he's worth and by all accounts a terrible teammate.

keasley45

Reaction score
There's a Michael Lombardi report saying Russ is gone next year or his salary the year after is fully guaranteed. I think they eat the cap hit. Dangerwich either signs as a back up in Cleveland...starts in the Xfl..or goes to the booth for the Badgers games. He is not good enough to start in this league at the price he thinks he's worth and by all accounts a terrible teammate.

This. Injury guarantees are also something they are no doubt considering. If Peyton is pretty sure Russ isn't the answer, it doesn't make sense marching him out there to potentially get injured. If that were to happen, Denver would be on the hook for an additional 37 mil guaranteed on top of whatever post June 1st hit they are taking by cutting ties next year. That would be just dumb on top of dumb.

I see them shutting him down soon and moving on after this year. And I personally don't see how Russ can make any of what has happened better by playing longer. It's not as though he's gonna get a better offensive mind than Peyton or all of a sudden learn how to play the position. And at this point, the league knows who he is. His best option - paint Denver as a season or two too long after taking so many hits over his career, and hope that over the long term, folks remember his time in Seattle more than anything else. The longer he plays and proves he can't be who he claimed he was and has always been who Pete said, the worse he looks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Most players that retire say one of two things, they wanted to be on a winner and get to the dance, or miss the locker room, comradery, team mates and coaches.

Wilson has won it, the other side with comradery and team mates and coaches, that is not where he shines, in fact it's the big hole in his game. So once he can't hack it skill wise he is going to be in a booth or a Roadie for Ciara.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Update
After over a third of the season, one in which some of the Russellettes around here have told us Wilson has been playing "pretty well," his QBR for the season so far is 39.8. That's a remarkable accomplishment for an NFL quarterback whose contract pays him over $40M per year, because a QB who spiked the ball into the turf on every snap would have a QBR of 39. The average among the top ten in the league this season is a QBR of 68.6.

If the Broncos cut Wilson before the 2024 season, they have to eat $85M of dead cap space.
If they don't cut him before the third day of the next league season (I think that's the 15th of March), then they're throwing good money after bad, because his 2025 salary of $37M then becomes fully guaranteed.

The Broncos were a team on the rise, one that had championship aspirations when acquiring Wilson. He has managed to turn the whole organization into a giant dumpster fire, one that won't be threatening for any championships until well after Wilson is out of the league. Not only do they not have a starting-caliber NFL quarterback, the roster is now full of holes, and because they hitched themselves to Wilson's anchor, they have no cap space in the foreseeable future to try to fix the many parts of their team that are broken.

As somebody who has disliked the Broncos for a very long time (I remember the Seahawks' days in the AFC West), I will never forget the utter destruction Wilson has brought down on the Broncos. The thrashing the 49ers gave Elway and the Broncos in the Super Bowl after the '89 season was truly wonderful, something I enjoyed greatly on many levels. XLVIII was even better, one of the greatest days I've ever had as a viewer of professional sports. Not only did my Seahawks bring home the Lombardi for which I'd been waiting for over 37 years, they did it against the Broncos and thrashed them very thoroughly in front of an enormous audience worldwide, and the icing on that cake was that The Teeth was in charge of the Broncos, and the TV broadcast showed him a few times suffering through another giant humiliation in a Super Bowl. But neither of those gets even close to the multi-year utter destruction of the Broncos waged by Wilson. I thank him for it from the bottom of my heart, and as I said, I'll never forget this glorious thing he's done for those of us who dislike the Broncos.

Legacy, indeed.

Last edited:

rcaido

Reaction score
Update
After over a third of the season, one in which some of the Russellettes around here have told us Wilson has been playing "pretty well," his QBR for the season so far is 39.8. That's a remarkable accomplishment for an NFL quarterback whose contract pays him over $40M per year, because a QB who spiked the ball into the turf on every snap would have a QBR of 39. The average among the top ten in the league this season is a QBR of 68.6.
Is Total QBR even an official ranking and how accurate is it? If you're complaining about Wilson 39.8, Burrow has a 39.9 and is getting paid more then Wilson. Last year, Daniel Jones was ranked 6th highest & Brissett 8th. He was above Geno, Burrows, Herbert, Lawrence, Rodgers, Brady, & Cousins...

2018 Turdbisky was the 3rd best QBR.
2017- Case freaken Keenan was the 2nd best QBR ahead of GOAT Brady, Rivers, Brees and all the remaining QBs in the NFL.
2016- Prescot was 3rd best, he had a higher ranking then Rodgers, Brees, & Luck. Prescot was 19th in yards & 15th in TDs.
2015-Palmer, Rapeburger, & Dalton were the top 3 QBR, the MVP Newton wasn't even in the top 10. Tyrod Taylor & Fitzpatrick were ranked higher then the MVP.
2014- Romo was the #1 QBR leader ahead Rodgers(MVP), Brady, Brees, & Manning

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Is Total QBR even an official ranking and how accurate is it? If you're complaining about Wilson 39.8, Burrow has a 39.9 and is getting paid more then Wilson. Last year, Daniel Jones was ranked 6th highest & Brissett 8th. He was above Geno, Burrows, Herbert, Lawrence, Rodgers, Brady, & Cousins...

2017- Case freaken Keenan was the 2nd best QBR ahead of GOAT Brady, Rivers, Brees and all the remaining QBs in the NFL.
2016- Prescot was 3rd best, he had a higher ranking then Rodgers, Brees, & Luck. Prescot was 19th in yards & 15th in TDs.
2015-Palmer, Rapeburger, & Dalton were the top 3 QBR, the MVP Newton wasn't even in the top 10. Tyrod Taylor & Fitzpatrick were ranked higher then the MVP.
Me3 will never have another winning season in the nfl. He may try his hand at hollywood, I'm sure loyal fans like you will watch his movies

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Hahahahaha all I had to do was mention the Russellettes, and they show up.

Burrow is 27, knows how to read defenses, and has been a key part of a team that has played in conference championship games the last two seasons in a row. He's been injured this season. Wilson is 35, on his third head coach in three years, and has quickly transformed a team on the rise with championship aspirations into a laughingstock that won't contend for a title again until years after Wilson is out of the league (if you get an over/under date of June 2, 2025 for when Wilson is cut by the Broncos, take the under... you're likely to win by over a year). Which of the two quarterbacks do you think is more likely to come out looking better by the end of the season?

Here's an exercise to help you understand the difference between those two. How many teams in the league would love to have Burrow on his current contract, right now? Several at least. Now how many would like to have Wilson on his current contract, right now? NOT EVEN THE BRONCOS!!!

By the way, in Wilson's last game, even by passer rating, which you love to cherry-pick because it overrates Wilson by ignoring sacks, fumbles, and the game situation (field position, down and distance) in which the QB runs or passes (i.e., it favors the kind of empty stats that Wilson has been able to rack up this year while not helping his team win), Wilson had a rating of 46.6. Not a QBR of 46.6. A passer rating of 46.6. Yikes. His QBR was 9.8, that is, about a quarter of the QBR he would have had if he'd just spiked the ball into the turf on every play. Hahahahahahahahahahaha I love that the Broncos' QB is that awful.

Here's the thing about fans of Saint Russell the Blameless: in their eyes, the Seahawks only won because of him and despite Pete Carroll, and yet magically, even though all the victories in Seattle were completely due to Wilson, none of the losses in Denver (16 of them in 21 games in which Wilson was the QB on the field for the Broncos and oh how I love that the Broncos' situation is that awful) are his fault.

As somebody who has disliked the Broncos for significantly longer than Wilson has been alive, I am thrilled that Wilson is on the Broncos, and that now their choices are either to cut their awful quarterback before the 15th of March and have $85M of dead money on their cap, or to keep him on the roster past that date and owe him $37M more. Wilson is the best thing that ever happened to those of us who dislike the Broncos, because he dooms them to multiple years of failure (one and a third down, at least another year and two thirds to go!).

The good news for you Russellettes is that as soon as next fall, Wilson may suddenly find himself with a lot more free time on his hands. Maybe you can be friends!

keasley45

Reaction score
Most players that retire say one of two things, they wanted to be on a winner and get to the dance, or miss the locker room, comradery, team mates and coaches.

Wilson has won it, the other side with comradery and team mates and coaches, that is not where he shines, in fact it's the big hole in his game. So once he can't hack it skill wise he is going to be in a booth or a Roadie for Ciara.

Great point

Weadoption

Reaction score
no matter how many narratives are spun, the legacy and history of these two players will be about the same, because they both accomplished the only thing that matters in the end.
IMG 0683
IMG 0600

rcaido

Reaction score
Hahahahaha all I had to do was mention the Russellettes, and they show up.

Burrow is 27, knows how to read defenses, and has been a key part of a team that has played in conference championship games the last two seasons in a row. He's been injured this season. Wilson is 35, on his third head coach in three years, and has quickly transformed a team on the rise with championship aspirations into a laughingstock that won't contend for a title again until years after Wilson is out of the league (if you get an over/under date of June 2, 2025 for when Wilson is cut by the Broncos, take the under... you're likely to win by over a year). Which of the two quarterbacks do you think is more likely to come out looking better by the end of the season?

Here's an exercise to help you understand the difference between those two. How many teams in the league would love to have Burrow on his current contract, right now? Several at least. Now how many would like to have Wilson on his current contract, right now? NOT EVEN THE BRONCOS!!!

By the way, in Wilson's last game, even by passer rating, which you love to cherry-pick because it overrates Wilson by ignoring sacks, fumbles, and the game situation (field position, down and distance) in which the QB runs or passes (i.e., it favors the kind of empty stats that Wilson has been able to rack up this year while not helping his team win), Wilson had a rating of 46.6. Not a QBR of 46.6. A passer rating of 46.6. Yikes. His QBR was 9.8, that is, about a quarter of the QBR he would have had if he'd just spiked the ball into the turf on every play. Hahahahahahahahahahaha I love that the Broncos' QB is that awful.

Here's the thing about fans of Saint Russell the Blameless: in their eyes, the Seahawks only won because of him and despite Pete Carroll, and yet magically, even though all the victories in Seattle were completely due to Wilson, none of the losses in Denver (16 of them in 21 games in which Wilson was the QB on the field for the Broncos and oh how I love that the Broncos' situation is that awful) are his fault.

As somebody who has disliked the Broncos for significantly longer than Wilson has been alive, I am thrilled that Wilson is on the Broncos, and that now their choices are either to cut their awful quarterback before the 15th of March and have $85M of dead money on their cap, or to keep him on the roster past that date and owe him $37M more. Wilson is the best thing that ever happened to those of us who dislike the Broncos, because he dooms them to multiple years of failure (one and a third down, at least another year and two thirds to go!).

The good news for you Russellettes is that as soon as next fall, Wilson may suddenly find himself with a lot more free time on his hands. Maybe you can be friends!

You totally miss the whole point. Total QBR is not a reliable stat. As i provided evidence. When Casey Keenum was the 2nd best in 2017. When the MVP is not even in top 10 in 2015.

As for the poor passer rating, QBs can have awful games. It happens, Wilson played awful got a terrible rating from it like you mention 46.6. .
Rodgers had a lower rating then that 6x
Brees had it 10x
Brady had it 9x
Manning had it 6x, he even scored a 0.0

NINEster

Reaction score
no matter how many narratives are spun, the legacy and history of these two players will be about the same, because they both accomplished the only thing that matters in the end.
View attachment 61294
View attachment 61295

Young was a two time MVP, and a far better player.

If Young played this past decade he could've been even more insane than he was.

Please don't compare the two.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
You totally miss the whole point. Total QBR is not a reliable stat. As i provided evidence. When Casey Keenum was the 2nd best in 2017. When the MVP is not even in top 10 in 2015.

As for the poor passer rating, QBs can have awful games. It happens, Wilson played awful got a terrible rating from it like you mention 46.6. .
Rodgers had a lower rating then that 6x
Brees had it 10x
Brady had it 9x
Manning had it 6x, he even scored a 0.0

OK, drop QBR. Wilson is no longer even a decent starting NFL quarterback. Let's look passer rating, a stat you love to cherry-pick because it ignores many of the things that QBR includes that show why Wilson's teams keep losing (16 times in his 21 starts with the Broncos so far) even though he ends up with decent-looking passer ratings. In his last game, Wilson's passer rating was 46.6. Not his QBR (and that would be a pretty bad QBR). His passer rating. Yikes.

Even more fun, ignore stats completely for the moment.
Try the exercise I proposed in one of the many parts of my comment you ignored so you could focus on the one weak-ass argument you could make to attempt to defend Wilson:

Also, I asked whether you think Wilson or Burrow is more likely to look like the better quarterback by the end of the season, and you ignored that too. I suspect that in your heart of hearts, you know that Wilson's career isn't going anywhere good at his age, and separated from the environment and system Pete Carroll created for him. You just don't want to admit it until Wilson is actually out of the league. It can be hard to admit one's heroes have feet of clay.

rcaido

Reaction score
OK, drop QBR. Wilson is no longer even a decent starting NFL quarterback. Let's look passer rating, a stat you love to cherry-pick because it ignores many of the things that QBR includes that show why Wilson's teams keep losing (16 times in his 21 starts with the Broncos so far) even though he ends up with decent-looking passer ratings. In his last game, Wilson's passer rating was 46.6. Not his QBR (and that would be a pretty bad QBR). His passer rating. Yikes.

Even more fun, ignore stats completely for the moment.
Try the exercise I proposed in one of the many parts of my comment you ignored so you could focus on the one weak-ass argument you could make to attempt to defend Wilson:

Also, I asked whether you think Wilson or Burrow is more likely to look like the better quarterback by the end of the season, and you ignored that too. I suspect that in your heart of hearts, you know that Wilson's career isn't going anywhere good at his age, and separated from the environment and system Pete Carroll created for him. You just don't want to admit it until Wilson is actually out of the league. It can be hard to admit one's heroes have feet of clay.
I never said Wilson was better then Burrows right now or future. I said Total QBR is not a very affective or reliable way in showing how bad QB is playing. Burrows has a 39.9 Total QBR this season. You say Wilson is trash because he as a 39.8 Total QBR but Burrow gets exempt from that for some reason. You also seem to ignore that i acknowledge he had an awful game, it happens. I provided other amazing QBs who has done worse in the past. If we are judging Wilson on his play this year before the Chiefs game, he was producing Top 5ish stats. Will he continue to play like this, we will see. Since this is about his Legacy, this "trash" season he is projected to have 3,700yrds, 34TDs, 11ints. If he continues to play like "trash" say he plays 5 or 6 more years, in the end he would be 5th all time in Passing Yards & 4th in touchdowns. He will have have more rushing yards then Michael Vick who is currently has the most Rushing Yards by QB in NFL history. Very respectable Legacy. As of right now he is 20th in yards, 13th in TDs, & 3rd in Rushing QB. Also 4th all time in passer rating behind Mahomes, Rodgers, & Watson.

toffee

Reaction score
I never said Wilson was better then Burrows right now or future. I said Total QBR is not a very affective or reliable way in showing how bad QB is playing. Burrows has a 39.9 Total QBR this season. You say Wilson is trash because he as a 39.8 Total QBR but Burrow gets exempt from that for some reason. You also seem to ignore that i acknowledge he had an awful game, it happens. I provided other amazing QBs who has done worse in the past. If we are judging Wilson on his play this year before the Chiefs game, he was producing Top 5ish stats. Will he continue to play like this, we will see. Since this is about his Legacy, this "trash" season he is projected to have 3,700yrds, 34TDs, 11ints. If he continues to play like "trash" say he plays 5 or 6 more years, in the end he would be 5th all time in Passing Yards & 4th in touchdowns. He will have have more rushing yards then Michael Vick who is currently has the most Rushing Yards by QB in NFL history. Very respectable Legacy. As of right now he is 20th in yards, 13th in TDs, & 3rd in Rushing QB. Also 4th all time in passer rating behind Mahomes, Rodgers, & Watson.
You are getting real close, but still not quite as good as our John63 in defending all things Russell Wilson. John63 had perfected his rebuttals into an art form, and I am a fan, although he put me on ignore after he said "Goodbye". You are almost at John63's level, please keep up the good work.

Last edited: