Votes: 61 93.8%
  • RGIII is for me!

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2y1jjlx6 said:
rdskns4eva":2y1jjlx6 said:
The Eagles clearly slowed down on O, but on defense, they were blitzing us ALL game...They brought constant pressure up the middle.
Great QBs dump that off immediately for 10-yard gains the vast majority of the time. Just sayin'.

Which is what RG3 did in the secind half. First half he was forcing things. Second half, he took what the defense gave him.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3k91b383 said:
rdskns4eva":3k91b383 said:
rainger":3k91b383 said:
I know that the media could not get enough of RGIII, after all he is bigger stronger and so much more than RW (3) :sarcasm_off:

However, we are the blessed team. We did not give up the farm for RGIII as Washington did. No we waited patiently for a QB who will be 10 times the overall QB when all is said and done than what Washington got. The Redskins got style and hype over substance! We got maybe a possible future all pro or even HoF'er.

I predict that RGIII will be out of the game within 3 years or will be nothing more than an average QB with out of sight "physical skills" hobbled by injury.

RW has way more smarts, elusiveness, accuracy, leadership, physical endurance than RGIII will ever have.

RGIII is already playing on borrowed time. I don't wish bad for him but even after his rehab he will never be what we have in RW (3).

I remember how many on this site (before the draft) and (yes you Mike Salk) were willing to give away everything the Hawks had to get RGIII. However he was actually damaged goods before he even was drafted.

3 Cheers to our FO for not succumbing to the media and fan hype and waiting patiently for who will become the greatest QB in Hawks history and a QB who will play way longer and win far more games than RGIII can ever dream about.

RW (3) we are behind you. We have never had a player like you. I am so glad we have you and not RGIII.

As you always say Russ, GO HAWKS!!!

RG3 will be ok. He's going through his preseason RIGHT NOW. Dude showed a ton of heart last night, thats for sure. His first half was horrendous but he was good in the 2nd half (65% completion, 2TD, 250+ passing yards although he did have the INT on a GREAT play by the DB). Rg3 made one bad decision on that first pick to Moss. The guy that REALLY stunk up the joint was Morris. I dont know what happened to him.

The Eagles clearly slowed down on O, but on defense, they were blitzing us ALL game...They brought constant pressure up the middle.

I think the main thing you guys should be worried about is whether or not he is 100%. From his very first throw that I saw, he looked like he was hanging back on the plant foot and not following through. Also, the run where he got caught from behind. That wouldn't have happened last year. IMO, he should have began the season on PUP, since Cousins is a more than competent backup.

He looked like what Tom Brady looked his first game back from ACL...tentative and unsure. It looked like he was struggling mentally in the first half. After he got over getting hit and the mental blockage left, he was MUCH more fluid and reactionary in the pocket, extending plays and making accurate throws. Again, he is going through his preseason right now...he is no where near game speed, especially in that first half.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":2aihgt0k said:
-The Glove-":2aihgt0k said:
rdskns4eva":2aihgt0k said:
rainger said:
I know that the media could not get enough of RGIII, after all he is bigger stronger and so much more than RW (3) :sarcasm_off:

However, we are the blessed team. We did not give up the farm for RGIII as Washington did. No we waited patiently for a QB who will be 10 times the overall QB when all is said and done than what Washington got. The Redskins got style and hype over substance! We got maybe a possible future all pro or even HoF'er.

I predict that RGIII will be out of the game within 3 years or will be nothing more than an average QB with out of sight "physical skills" hobbled by injury.

RW has way more smarts, elusiveness, accuracy, leadership, physical endurance than RGIII will ever have.

RGIII is already playing on borrowed time. I don't wish bad for him but even after his rehab he will never be what we have in RW (3).

I remember how many on this site (before the draft) and (yes you Mike Salk) were willing to give away everything the Hawks had to get RGIII. However he was actually damaged goods before he even was drafted.

3 Cheers to our FO for not succumbing to the media and fan hype and waiting patiently for who will become the greatest QB in Hawks history and a QB who will play way longer and win far more games than RGIII can ever dream about.

RW (3) we are behind you. We have never had a player like you. I am so glad we have you and not RGIII.

As you always say Russ, GO HAWKS!!!

RG3 will be ok. He's going through his preseason RIGHT NOW. Dude showed a ton of heart last night, thats for sure. His first half was horrendous but he was good in the 2nd half (65% completion, 2TD, 250+ passing yards although he did have the INT on a GREAT play by the DB). Rg3 made one bad decision on that first pick to Moss. The guy that REALLY stunk up the joint was Morris. I dont know what happened to him.

I think the main thing you guys should be worried about is whether or not he is 100%. From his very first throw that I saw, he looked like he was hanging back on the plant foot and not following through. Also, the run where he got caught from behind. That wouldn't have happened last year. IMO, he should have began the season on PUP, since Cousins is a more than competent backup.

He looked like what Tom Brady looked his first game back from ACL...tentative and unsure. It looked like he was struggling mentally in the first half. After he got over getting hit and the mental blockage left, he was MUCH more fluid and reactionary in the pocket, extending plays and making accurate throws. Again, he is going through his preseason right now...he is no where near game speed, especially in that first half.

Yes he was tentative and unsure but it also seemed like he was favoring his plant foot. Maybe it was just me, but I noticed a slight limp later in the game

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
[/quote]
Yes he was tentative and unsure but it also seemed like he was favoring his plant foot. Maybe it was just me, but I noticed a slight limp later in the game[/quote]

Yup, he WAS NOT planting on that foot. That much was clear. I didnt see any limp from RG3 all game. I was watching VERY close. He looked fine to me. Late in the game when he started running from the pocket and had to move on instincts, I said to myself, "dude is fine, it's just mental". Also, to be fair to RG3, on some of his dropbacks, he couldnt step up to plant because the Oline was getting pentrated up the middle pretty bad. But again, first half, he was atrocious. Second half, he was pretty good.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Shanahan needs a punch in the throat, that's my opinion, he will ruin RG3 if he gets the chance.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Throwdown":3myk0zpf said:
Shanahan needs a punch in the throat, that's my opinion, he will ruin RG3 if he gets the chance.

We'll yesterday he didnt do anything to put him in danger. We didnt run any read option yesterday. It was straight drop backs. RG3 isnt BAD at straight drop backs, but it's the weakest part of his game right now. He's still raw when it comes to extensively reading defenses. It doesnt help when your first game back is agaisnt a defense you've never seen. The Eagles had a MAJOR adavantage in this game. They know what we are going to try to do. We had no idea what they were going to do on both sides of the ball.

Latest posts