Russell

Smellyman

Reaction score
Most comeback wins of any QB

5th fastest to 200 TDs

Rookie record for TDs in a year.

2nd all time QBR

2 super bowl appearances.

2 years ago led league in TDs and was the teams leading rusher too.

I mean those are off top of my head. there are a ton more.

handicapped by Bevell/Cable and terrible olines over the years too. He had to dodge like a ninja tonight.

John63

Reaction score
zchurch74":2u6zm1xt said:
I am not a fan of Russell. Never really have been. But, tonight was Russell’s best game as a Hawk! He plays anything close to this the rest of the season no one is stopping us!

1 he has been doing it all season
2. he has been playing at an Elite level for years
3 I am sorry for you.

John63

Reaction score
Smellyman":nrq5py47 said:

5th fastest to 200 TDs

2nd all time QBR

handicapped by Bevell/Cable and terrible olines over the years too. He had to dodge like a ninja tonight.

The biggie

ONLY player in NFL history to account for over 95% of offensive TDs and over 80% of offensives yards in a season. Done in a year where he was the leading rusher as well, with the 30th ranked oline.

mort

Reaction score
Russ put on a master class tonight.
Despite the rest of his career...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
John63":2np0kupl said:
Smellyman":2np0kupl said:

5th fastest to 200 TDs

2nd all time QBR

The biggie

ONLY player in NFL history to account for over 95% of offensive TDs and over 80% of offensives yards in a season. Done in a year where he was the leading rusher as well, with the 30th ranked oline.

And this season is special for him, the team has gotten rid of all the Russ haters. His #1 receiver likes and openly praises him unconditionally, the incoming rookie WRs worships him. The new defense leader, Bobby Wagner, enjoys good relationship with him.

This is Russ' team,

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Russ has been locked in like no other point in his career. He has really developed such touch on his medium to deep passes it’s just incredible to watch every time he does play-action. He’s also developed a more consistently faster release.

He also seemingly appears quicker than he has been in several years when scrambling.

Threedee

Reaction score
At the very least, it would have been nice to have had a QB like Wilson in the lost 1992 season. I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Threedee":11izttsa said:
At the very least, it would have been nice to have had a QB like Wilson in the lost 1992 season. I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

Imagine his stat lines if he played for KC or another team that would fit his strengths better? He would out Mahone Mahone. Within the structure of PC, and the lack of tested WR's, he is a phenom. Who else but Russ could do what he is doing?

Eamon696

Reaction score
It is bewildering to me to be a 12, and to have never been a fan of Russell. He has given his heart, body, and soul for this team his entire career.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It never stops. We win a huge game, Russ does what he has been doing his ENTIRE CAREER. And just like that, yet ANOTHER thread about how someone doesn't like Russ, but...….. :roll:
Deciding you just don't like a guy and having a hard time to admit it, 7 plus years later? Unreal

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hawkpower":nynsyxun said:
Vesuve":nynsyxun said:
zchurch74":nynsyxun said:
I am not a fan of Russell. Never really have been. But, tonight was Russell’s best game as a Hawk! He plays anything close to this the rest of the season no one is stopping us!

How could one not be a fan / like him?

He's the best QB we've ever had and one of the best in the league now.

The career numbers tell the tale as well as his ability to lead the team in the latter stages of games.

To be fair to the OP (although I dont agree with him at all) Russ deserved some of the criticism that came his way in years past and some of the rah rah Russ stuff in here when he did deserve the crticism was a bit much.

That said, Russ is playing at much, MUCH higher level this year than he has in years past and is proving all of his doubters wrong with his elevated game. Having a hands down MVP type start to his season.

Hyperbole much. He's playing at a modestly higher level than years past. Most of that higher level is related to OL stability and an OC that gets what he has in Russell more than the previous OC.

He's put up MVP numbers before. He's had seasons where he literally was the offence.

Some guys are system QB's. In Seattle, the system is Russell Wilson.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
:lol:

Yea I’m sorry, but some of the posts in here are BS.

So let me get this straight. Russell has to be playing at a NEAR PERFECT level for you to give him credit!!??? But when he was playing well, at or just above MOST Quarterbacks in the league. You chose to nitpick and find any tiny flaw to diminish him?

How convenient :2thumbs:

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Arguably the best QB in the league this year. He's playing at that kind of level MVP type season.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen a QB in my life throw as pretty a deep ball, especially under duress, as Russ does. He's a sure-fire, first-ballot HOF'er. Take it in man. You're witnessing it in real time. Soak it up.... Sheesh! Did Terry Bradshaw and Dan Marino have this problem too? (just to name a couple).

olyfan63

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2xl9aq6i said:
Chukarhawk":2xl9aq6i said:
Im mystified by people, Like WTF are you actually watching? do you know? the guy is going to be a HOF QB when its all said and done. He's money, as clutch as they come. Nobody has more 4th quarter wins than he does since he came into the league. How do you not like his game?
I've not seen him as much as you guys, but I've watched him over his career, and this season is not like the others. He has a level of control he's not had before.

Agreed, this year is the best Russell ever. I think it's...

* In Russell's 2nd year with Schottenheimer, the continuity, Russell understanding Schotty's offense better, playing faster
* Schotty breaking Russell of some of his bad habits; fewer back-of-pocket bailouts, running into fewer sacks this year
* Best and deepest O-Line we've had in a long time (thank you Niners for Iupati, thank you Jamarco Jones for your rehab work)
* Beast-years level running game again, thank you Chris Carson
* Schotty's offense uses TE and Russell getting the hang of it, plus Dissly back
* Tyler Lockett, Vulcan mind-meld with Russell deepens and continues to amaze
* DK brings a different type of threat than Hawks receiver corps has had in a long time
* Who the HELL is this Malik Turner guy from out of nowhere, who seems to make a couple key plays every game
* Russell in general being one year wiser, more experienced

It's a whole bunch of little things that collectively add up to a big difference.
Yup, totally playing at a HOF level.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I won’t question the fandom of the the OP.

If he needs anything more than this, he should question it himself.
e581bf6e10b71ba9666cb1efdb0c7742.jpg

Scorpion05

Reaction score
olyfan63":23v447qs said:
5_Golden_Rings":23v447qs said:
Chukarhawk":23v447qs said:
Im mystified by people, Like WTF are you actually watching? do you know? the guy is going to be a HOF QB when its all said and done. He's money, as clutch as they come. Nobody has more 4th quarter wins than he does since he came into the league. How do you not like his game?
I've not seen him as much as you guys, but I've watched him over his career, and this season is not like the others. He has a level of control he's not had before.

Agreed, this year is the best Russell ever. I think it's...

* In Russell's 2nd year with Schottenheimer, the continuity, Russell understanding Schotty's offense better, playing faster
* Schotty breaking Russell of some of his bad habits; fewer back-of-pocket bailouts, running into fewer sacks this year
* Best and deepest O-Line we've had in a long time (thank you Niners for Iupati, thank you Jamarco Jones for your rehab work)
* Beast-years level running game again, thank you Chris Carson
* Schotty's offense uses TE and Russell getting the hang of it, plus Dissly back
* Tyler Lockett, Vulcan mind-meld with Russell deepens and continues to amaze
* DK brings a different type of threat than Hawks receiver corps has had in a long time
* Who the HELL is this Malik Turner guy from out of nowhere, who seems to make a couple key plays every game
* Russell in general being one year wiser, more experienced

It's a whole bunch of little things that collectively add up to a big difference.
Yup, totally playing at a HOF level.

Definitely agree about being more comfortable in the system. And Schotty I’m sure does help, but this is overblown.

- Fumbling Carson, and non-existent running game the first 3 games
- O-line has actually regressed since last year. Iupati’s not playing well. The numbers and film show it.
- DK is still a rookie with limited routes for now. It’s actually harder to play with rookies as a QB.
- Malik Turner has only really made plays in the Steelers game.

This year is different. But then so is every year with Russ. He’s literally improved every year. But the main difference is, unlike 2017, he doesn’t have to force plays. Russ would run around the back field because in reality he never wanted to give up on a play. And really, you can argue he needed to. He accounted for all of our TDs that year.

2016 he had major injuries. But like a soldier, didn’t miss one game. Got no credit for it.

Early 2015 he was under duress with pressure. Mid-late 2015 he went on a tear when the protection and the offense settled down. He hardly forced it then, he didn’t have to.

QBs don’t just magically become great. If anything you can argue he’s doing it more consistently, but nothing he’s never shown us. The media/public also have to give Russ credit and can’t just focus on the LOB anymore

Latest posts