Russell Wilson meme thread

chris98251

Reaction score
What did he to lose, the extra time was great practice for Wilson to learn to read a defense, hit passes in the middle of the field and develop team chemistry, if he got hurt Payton has a get out of free card and can start his guy to see how things go, and history has shown that even stars can lose their job.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Idk, my county fair had smash mouth and I bet everyone knows who that is vs Ciara.
I remember Smash Mouth from the late '90s. I have no idea who Ciara is. I mean, I think she's a singer, but I couldn't identify her voice or name one of the songs she's known for singing (note careful wording because I suspect she's a singer and not a composer). When was she successful? Are there any songs I might know?

Oh, and by the way,

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The only Ciara song I could identify be hearing it is Level Up, and the only reason I could do that is because Brandon Perna used it in his now infamous video in which he celebrated the Broncos getting Russ.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Across the top of the image representing the video is the word "ROBBERY" in huge capital letters in something close to "action green" with a black outline, surrounded by something close to that awful Broncos orange.

It was indeed "robbery," but not in the way Mr. Perna thought at the time.

Now I'm off to watch the video to enjoy the unintentional hilarity and hear a Ciara song without having to ask for one on Spotify and forever have Spotify recommending me stuff that just isn't what I want (I assume, because I've gathered that Ciara is some kind of pop singer, and that's not really my style).

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I'll give Mr. Perna credit for leaving up that video. On the one hand, it'll keep getting views and generating revenue for him. On the other, it kinda wrecks his credibility in an irreparable way, because it's difficult to imagine him having found a way to be more wrong about everything he says in the video.

(I keep adding the "Mr." before his last name because just "Perna" by itself looks funny to me, because "perna" means "leg" in Portuguese)

Oh, and I'm glad I heard the Ciara song there rather than somewhere that it could influence future recommendations for me. Definitely not my style.

I particularly love when Mr. Perna is talking about tight ends and he says, starting at about 8:35 in the video
Either way, Russ will make Albert O. look like Albert Ohhhhh-my-God-I-can't-believe-we-just-scored-60-points-on-the-f**kin'-Chiefs!

This is especially funny in the context of the Broncos just having lost 70-20 to the Dolphins, with the offense scoring only a typical-for-the-Wilson-Broncos 13 and the Broncos getting another 7 from a 99-yard kickoff return in garbage time (it took the score from 63-13 to 63-20 with 8:50 left in the game).

"Albert O." refers to then-Broncos TE Albert Okwuegbunam, who had ten receptions on 18 targets for a total of 95 yards, four first downs, and one touchdown in 2022, and doesn't appear to be in the NFL anymore.

In 2022, the Broncos averaged under 17 points per game. So far this season, it's been 23 per game.

At 9:42, this gem:
The Broncos will be good in 2022, so the 2023 first-rounder they gave the Seahawks is probably going to be a 28-to-32 pick.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
He thought the 2022 Broncos would be a top-five team. They ended up being bottom-five.
I'm really enjoying this.

Especially enjoyable is that the arguments Mr. Perna makes in the video are pretty much the same things some of the anti-Carroll Wilsonette crowd around here said about it. Heck, some of them are still saying the same stuff. At least Mr. Perna now knows he was dead wrong about the content of this video.

Last edited:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'll give Mr. Perna credit for leaving up that video. On the one hand, it'll keep getting views and generating revenue for him. On the other, it kinda wrecks his credibility in an irreparable way, because it's difficult to imagine him having found a way to be more wrong about everything he says in the video.
At least Mr. Perna now knows he was dead wrong about the content of this video.

He has a sense of humor. He actually rewatches and reacts to that video a year later with one of his video-making compadres.

Last edited:

Torc

Reaction score
No, the Bronco fans are convinced Caleb Williams will save them next year.
This seems more and more likely to me. How do you recover from a disastrous QB deal? Get a (presumed) star on a rookie deal until you can unload the bad QB. You don't even have to start the rookie his first year - let him sit, learn and not get smashed. Let your lame duck take all the shots.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Well, I'll give Mr. Perna credit for something else: in a tweet in December of 2021, he totally nailed it:

He was so, so right. Wilson himself, after a season in Denver, wrote:

Neither here nor there: Wilson went to two universities and still doesn't know the difference between "whose" and "who's."

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
She was in a group called the Kitty Kat Girls or something and sang a song called "Dontcha Wish I was your Girlfriend?" Obviously it seems Russ did.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Ciara is a marginal "talent" at best.
The bronkos made a heist all right haha.
We got Bobby back and a bunch of young hungry dogs . Thanks Brandon "what the f#@k happened " Perna

We're set.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
He was so, so right. Wilson himself, after a season in Denver, wrote:

Neither here nor there: Wilson went to two universities and still doesn't know the difference between "whose" and "who's."

Wilson bet on his god and so far, he's showing he's a lousy better.

Magical thinking is Wilson's forte, along with all those cliches.

Jegpeg

Reaction score

And why is the Denver D so bad:
  1. Wilson cost them two 1st Round picks, and 2 second round picks and his poor play last season menat they had to give up another 1st round pick (and 2024 2nd round pick) to bring in Peyton, losing all those picks must have a significant impact on the team as a while including the defence
  2. After last season Peyton has had to spend all his resources fixing the offence and had neglected the defence
  3. Wilson's mega salary bites into the budget for the D.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Mile high huddle says Russ is to be leaned on. After all his stats are like Mahomes.

They actually say this

While it's true that the two have similar stats after three games, Mahomes is expected to perform better over the course of the season, and Wilson has been surprisingly good compared to the expectations that have correctly been lowered tremendously by his bottom-of-the-league 2022.

I think the funniest part of the article on MSN is this:
On the flip side, the notoriously self-critical Wilson was already embracing the process from his locker room stall deep within Hard Rock Stadium. It was as painful as Payton likely expected.

Wait, what?!
Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking about Russell Wilson, but "the notoriously self-critical Wilson" tells me I misunderstood and need to go back and read the earlier parts of the article more carefully. Well, either that or the author has stumbled into competing for an award for the most 180°-from-reality wrong statement written about an NFL player this year. Wilson is notorious for throwing others (his offensive linemen, his teammates in general, his coaches, and his team's general manager) under the bus rather than admitting his own responsibility for failures.