Russell Wilson and Jeff Bezos team up in new app TraceMe

Seymour

Reaction score
Interesting article about a new startup app / business that Russell is starting with investment from Jeff Bezos of Amazon (now richest man in the world worth $110 billion+).

Funny that he asked uncle Paul first and he declined LOL. Possibly he thought there was a conflict of interest there, or maybe (like me) he thinks it has serious limits and a good chance to fail?

https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle...wilson-explains-how-he-got-jeff-bezos-to.html

The idea is to bring fans closer to the people they love, Wilson said in an interview with CNBC (see full video below).

Wilson estimates that about 30 percent of fans wake up wondering what their favorite celebrity is doing. Another 30 percent are more momentary fans and the last 40 percent are the ones who care occasionally, but not consistently.

The app will help celebrities give their super fans a new way to connect and engage through Ask-Me-Anything-style question and answer sessions, videos and other interactive tools.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've had the beta app on my iPhone throughout the season just out of curiosity. It's not completely worthless. Some of the behind-the-scenes stuff is pretty cool. Some motivational stuff, training elements, etc. But ultimately it reeks of something more for young fans/fanboys/girls so I ditched it after the season.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I could care less what any celeb is doing... this mindset is a fundamental part of our messed up society.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Ya, I have to wonder where this number comes from??

Wilson estimates that about 30 percent of fans wake up wondering what their favorite celebrity is doing.

I'm a fairly big Wilson fan, yet I cannot remember one day I woke up (or even throughout the day) did I wonder what Russ is doing. I cannot imagine that even 5% of fans really wonder that to the point they are going to have an app to trace their favorite celeb.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Seymour":35omnyei said:

Wilson estimates that about 30 percent of fans wake up wondering what their favorite celebrity is doing.

I'm a fairly big Wilson fan, yet I cannot remember one day I woke up (or even throughout the day) did I wonder what Russ is doing. I cannot imagine that even 5% of fans really wonder that to the point they are going to have an app to trace their favorite celeb.

He pulled that number out of his you-know-what.. absolutely ridiculous. Russell is no doubt the best QB we've ever had, but he often does things that makes me think he is very diluted.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Never ever underestimate the stupidity of the public. We should all know that by now. Russ obviously understands that and is going to exploit our addiction to celebrity.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1kh4ahc9 said:

Agreed. This 30% figure seems made up, and this app doesn't interest me at all.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":1hsoeuob said:
No offense Russ but it sounds dumb. Mr. Allen made a smart move.

Kim Kardashian has a book of selfies that was bought by thousands of people.

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3ua72nya said:
thegreeninyoureye":3ua72nya said:
No offense Russ but it sounds dumb. Mr. Allen made a smart move.

Kim Kardashian has a book of selfies that was bought by thousands of people.
Is she Naked? That sounds just as dumb. That is what's wrong with the world today boy I tell ya. Im not one to tell someone what to do wit their money but sounds like a waste to me. Im just saying I never in my life have woke up and was like I wonder what Russ is doing right now. If I knew I probably wouldn't like him anymore. Unless it showed him eating film and crapping out footballs I could give a damn.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
30% definitely made up, but at the same time, there is a huge, already defined market for celeb gossip and tracking. Tbh, I find it moronic and also unhealthy ona number of levels. People actually need LESS of this.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2dx2k91x said:
Seymour":2dx2k91x said:

Agreed. This 30% figure seems made up, and this app doesn't interest me at all.

95% of all statistics are made up.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I guess it allows more than a 220 character message or else it would be like twitter? If you are sending messages there shouldn’t be ambiguity.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":n0utrnw2 said:
Seymour":n0utrnw2 said:

He pulled that number out of his you-know-what.. absolutely ridiculous. Russell is no doubt the best QB we've ever had, but he often does things that makes me think he is very diluted.

Actually Russell seems like a detail oriented guy. You know more than a business man like Jeff Bezos? :sarcasm_off:

America is full of more than enough people to make this successful. Football fans alone actually make up a minority of the country, notwithstanding Super Bowl Sunday of course.

We live in a social media, instagram/snapchat culture. Of course people follow celebrities. I downloaded TraceMe and I actually enjoy it, but mainly because I think Russell is a genuinely good guy with a great story. And some of the behind the scenes stuff is cool at times. It was fun to see the talk between him and Drew Brees during Pro Bowl week

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2nwacb7s said:
I could care less what any celeb is doing... this mindset is a fundamental part of our messed up society.

Yup.

I love RW the player, but he is a weirdo imo and have 0 interest to knowing what he or other 'celebrities' are doing.

Rocket

Reaction score
"The app will help celebrities give their super fans a new way to connect and engage"
Really? Seriously?

I wonder if he's aware that the SAG STRONGLY supports privacy reform to stem the abuse of celebrities, like Princess Diana. ( SAG = actors union ) I think our poor dear quarterback is being a bit naive. Hard to get this one when he's married to a rock star with small children. Their security must cost a small fortune.

If ya get a chance, watch a movie called "paparazzi" - I especially like the lead character from Montana who caused the death of a paparazzi or three... they're hyenas/coyotes.
Just MHO.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2lqhvrpb said:
How much less could you care? 20%? 37%?

Ohhhhhh, you meant that you COULDN'T care less. Carry on.

:salute:

Rocket":2lqhvrpb said:
If ya get a chance, watch a movie called "paparazzi" - I especially like the lead character from Montana who caused the death of a paparazzi or three... they're hyenas/coyotes.
Just MHO.
Good flick. Can't say I unilaterally agree with your overall point, however.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sounds dumb but RW probably made a shot pile of cash promoting it so of course he will say it's awesome...I would to if I had a billionaire paying me