Russell signs for 4 years 87.6mil (New Main Wilson Thread)

drdiags

Reaction score
kidhawk":q45dye2d said:
drdiags":q45dye2d said:
Hasselbeck":q45dye2d said:
Hsu is saying that likely cap number for Wilson in 2015 is now $6.2M

Also said the only way Wags gets done this year is with a McDaniel cut or Mebane restructure

This was my thinking as well, since current cap numbers after the Wilson deal is thought to be 3.6 Mil heading into TC. That 5.5M Mebane is sitting on is a little tempting if you are the Seahawks FO.

That's ridiculous. We have enough cap space to sign Wagner to an extension.

There is a Wagner thread and in it I've put out a basic salary cap explanation as to how easy it would be to fit a Wagner deal into the current cap with no cuts or restructures.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111595#p1658618

Let's keep the Wagner talk in the Wagner thread

Yes Sir!

I can see if you dis-agree but damn try taking some emotion out of the response please.

kidhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2nrn5h7k said:
kidhawk":2nrn5h7k said:
drdiags":2nrn5h7k said:
Hasselbeck":2nrn5h7k said:
Hsu is saying that likely cap number for Wilson in 2015 is now $6.2M

Also said the only way Wags gets done this year is with a McDaniel cut or Mebane restructure

This was my thinking as well, since current cap numbers after the Wilson deal is thought to be 3.6 Mil heading into TC. That 5.5M Mebane is sitting on is a little tempting if you are the Seahawks FO.

That's ridiculous. We have enough cap space to sign Wagner to an extension.

There is a Wagner thread and in it I've put out a basic salary cap explanation as to how easy it would be to fit a Wagner deal into the current cap with no cuts or restructures.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111595#p1658618

Let's keep the Wagner talk in the Wagner thread

Yes Sir!

I can see if you dis-agree but damn try taking some emotion out of the response please.

My bad, I should have been more clear. The ridiculous part was Hsu saying the only way Wags gets done is with a cut or restructure. It's just not mathematically true and Hsu should know better. Anyway I didn't mean that in reference to any poster, just Hsu's numbers assumptions.

SeaChase

Reaction score
HansGruber":3oowty99 said:
This has to be the best contract the Seahawks have ever signed. We finally get a top paid player worth his salary.

This makes up for the Boz

Or the worst. It's going to be hard to sign other important players like Wagner...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeaChase":tkd0un0f said:
HansGruber":tkd0un0f said:
This has to be the best contract the Seahawks have ever signed. We finally get a top paid player worth his salary.

Or the worst. It's going to be hard to sign other important players like Wagner...

Wagner isn't going anywhere.

drdiags

Reaction score
kidhawk":2w4zn1d0 said:
Anyway I didn't mean that in reference to any poster, just Hsu's numbers assumptions.

NP. Just my female side coming out. Will keep this Wilson related. It is a good deal for both him and the team. Now they can close the page on this with both sides able to get what they needed and the emotions of the negotiations will dissipate in time.

lsheldon

Reaction score
So glad it's done. And with a 4 year extension, he has at least one more shot at another huge payday down the road. It's good to be Russell.

kidhawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3te7pga4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/627170316763049985[/tweet]

I wonder if that base he lists for this year is in addition to the previous contract or if it replaces the previous deal?

bandiger

Reaction score
SeaChase":1wf8pr4a said:
HansGruber":1wf8pr4a said:

The most difficult positions to secure are QBs and Pass Rushers, those are locked up for the next several years. Relax with Wagner, smooth sailing for the next couple of years.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":1oe0f58h said:
dontbelikethat":1oe0f58h said:

I wonder if that base he lists for this year is in addition to the previous contract or if it replaces the previous deal?

Most likely replaces it to give us a little more cap space. It's the same thing other recent franchise QBs have done in agreeing to reduce the final year of base salary in exchange for a signing bonus.

Russell deserves a lot of credit for getting this deal done. Praise the Gods.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Told you this deal was getting done and Russell had very little leverage.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":x0wx9wfo said:
kidhawk":x0wx9wfo said:
dontbelikethat":x0wx9wfo said:

Most likely replaces it to give us a little more cap space. It's the same thing other recent franchise QBs have done in agreeing to reduce the final year of base salary in exchange for a signing bonus.

Russell deserves a lot of credit for getting this deal done. Praise the Gods.

funnily enough it doesn't really make much of a difference either way, but even $800k will be helpful moving forward.

Looking at the rest of the numbers, his highest cap number in the entire deal is the $23.2 million in 2019 and by then, I promise that will look like a steal of a deal.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":mlhtkz3n said:

Orly? So what was the original offer?

SC

hawknation2015

Reaction score
StoneCold":3oembnyd said:
Chukarhawk":3oembnyd said:

Orly? So what was the original offer?

SC

Russell had plenty of leverage to make this thing messy. He chose the high road and has greatly helped the team by signing this deal.

:thirishdrinkers: