Russell signs for 4 years 87.6mil (New Main Wilson Thread)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":2gy02jm0 said:
But naturally that argument won't fly here because it would contradict the hate for Kap.

So what is it?
What is it?, your argument is a contradiction to the truth.
Kap may have bolstered the 49rs Offense, but he most certainly did not carry their Defense.
That's not hate, that's common sense.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NINEster":3ge941lv said:
rideaducati":3ge941lv said:
I was judging the values based on history of both players. Keep hoping for different results in the future. :th2thumbs:

If I judged both QBs on their playoff performances, I could make a very strong argument that the debate is STILL unsettled, maybe even tilted towards Kaepernick.

I'm sure Kaepernick would love to have played in a few more home playoff games (only *1* for him, with only *2* road games for Wilson), and perhaps anything but a 3 TD deficit after SB halftime would have been nice compared to Wilson not having to throw a TD pass until the game was already in the bag for the Hawks.

Despite all of this, Kap has played pretty damn well in the playoffs. His two rematch games in 2013 against Carolina and Seattle were easily better than the regular season matchups. His 2012 postseason he carried the team.

By the Hawks argument that Wilson just wins, you gotta put Kap above Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, even Andrew Luck because guess what compared to those guys, KAP WINS.

But naturally that argument won't fly here because it would contradict the hate for Kap.

So what is it?
Kaep should have won a few more games, he would have gotten some playoff games at home.

Off the field, I think Kaep is a tool. On the field, he is a scary matchup.

Oh, good QBs who win SBs will always get a premium. You should know that by now.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":11xxp7bv said:
HawkFan72":11xxp7bv said:
Sports Hernia":11xxp7bv said:
Bitter":11xxp7bv said:
Hate to break it to everyone, but this is really bad for Seattle. You can go to webzone for repeated confirmation of this.
Bad for them. :lol:

I'm sure they would say it's just as bad if he signed this deal, or if he signed a 5 year $150 million deal with $100 million guaranteed.

They had already made up their minds it was going to be a bad deal before it was even signed.
They could have signed Russ for 3 dollars (and zero cents) a year, and half of he denialzone troglodytes would say Seattle overpaid.
Hey what's with the dig on troglodytes, man? They didn't do anything to deserve being classified with whiner fans.

HansGruber

Reaction score
NINEster":3ch7hhzt said:
rideaducati":3ch7hhzt said:
Since most of Seattle's defense is signed through 2019, niner fans might be waiting quite a while before they see an 8-8 or worse finish from the Seahawks.

I do love how niner fans think the Seahawks are only a year behind the crashing back to the pack that the niners took... Signing Kaepernick wasn't the downfall of the niners, Baalke was/is.

So let's stop being a Hawk/Niner fan for one second here....let's talk in generalities:

Do you think Schneider and Carroll are so much better than the rest of the league that they can have a $20 million QB with a dominant defense and running game while Green Bay, New England, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, New York Giants, Denver Broncos, Baltimore Ravens cannot? Their GM/HC combo is garbage?

That is the crux of the argument plain and simple.

Many non 49er fans/hawk Haters are saying the exact same thing.
Yeah, New England, New York and Pittsburgh have done horribly with their highly paid multiple-championship quarterbacks.

We sure don't want to see anything like that here. I'd rather see us pay someone like Kaepernick a mediocre deal to crap the bed and miss the playoffs. That's how truly successful franchises do it. Oh yeah.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2jebvqob said:
Such great news!

Interesting he accepted something less than 25 APY, and here I thought he was selfish
He's smart. It's all about the g'teed money. And I was wrong about thinking his agent Russ being single-minded about getting to FA. [emoji12] One of those very happy-to-be-wrong moments.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I yelled out a 'Hell Yes!' and gave a fist pump in my car when I heard the news break on the radio. The cars next to me probably thought I was having a seizure. Glad to see this deal done.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HansGruber":3vlznq2c said:
Sports Hernia":3vlznq2c said:
HawkFan72":3vlznq2c said:
Sports Hernia":3vlznq2c said:
Hate to break it to everyone, but this is really bad for Seattle. You can go to webzone for repeated confirmation of this.
Bad for them. :lol:

I'm sure they would say it's just as bad if he signed this deal, or if he signed a 5 year $150 million deal with $100 million guaranteed.

They had already made up their minds it was going to be a bad deal before it was even signed.
They could have signed Russ for 3 dollars (and zero cents) a year, and half of he denialzone troglodytes would say Seattle overpaid.
Hey what's with the dig on troglodytes, man? They didn't do anything to deserve being classified with whiner fans.
You are correct. I would like to apologize to any troglodytes I may have offended. 8)

rideaducati

Reaction score
NINEster":yfg364v9 said:
rideaducati":yfg364v9 said:
Since most of Seattle's defense is signed through 2019, niner fans might be waiting quite a while before they see an 8-8 or worse finish from the Seahawks.

I do love how niner fans think the Seahawks are only a year behind the crashing back to the pack that the niners took... Signing Kaepernick wasn't the downfall of the niners, Baalke was/is.

So let's stop being a Hawk/Niner fan for one second here....let's talk in generalities:

Do you think Schneider and Carroll are so much better than the rest of the league that they can have a $20 million QB with a dominant defense and running game while Green Bay, New England, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, New York Giants, Denver Broncos, Baltimore Ravens cannot? Their GM/HC combo is garbage?

While I do believe that Schneider and Carroll are great, they are also VERY FORTUNATE in their timing. Having to pay their QB $20million/year NOW vs other teams that have been paying their QB that much already is great. The salary cap is A LOT larger than it was just three years ago when most guys got paid their big deals which makes it EASIER on the Seahawks than it has been for many teams.

Schneider and Carroll have also been better than most at drafting, coaching, teaching, developing and incorporating their players to the field. How many other teams have had as many top players drafted so low? NONE.

Schneider and Carroll were good already, but they were also very lucky to be in their position at the perfect time too.

Tical21

Reaction score
It's cute that this guy still believes in Kaepernick.

rideaducati

Reaction score
NINEster":1h2m199q said:
rideaducati":1h2m199q said:
I was judging the values based on history of both players. Keep hoping for different results in the future. :th2thumbs:

If I judged both QBs on their playoff performances, I could make a very strong argument that the debate is STILL unsettled, maybe even tilted towards Kaepernick.

I'm sure Kaepernick would love to have played in a few more home playoff games (only *1* for him, with only *2* road games for Wilson), and perhaps anything but a 3 TD deficit after SB halftime would have been nice compared to Wilson not having to throw a TD pass until the game was already in the bag for the Hawks.

Despite all of this, Kap has played pretty damn well in the playoffs. His two rematch games in 2013 against Carolina and Seattle were easily better than the regular season matchups. His 2012 postseason he carried the team.

By the Hawks argument that Wilson just wins, you gotta put Kap above Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, even Andrew Luck because guess what compared to those guys, KAP WINS.

So what is it?

You should know, your "very strong argument" isn't very strong if you resort to "Kaepernick lost better in the rematches".

Cam Newton has zero excuses left, and like Kaepernick, his main problem is between his ears. Where Newton is better than Kaepernick is in his footwork, ability to make it past his first target, touch, accuracy, and throwing motion. Not to say Kaepernick can't get better, but he is definitely behind Newton to my eyes.

Andy Dalton? Really? Even bringing him up in comparison to your QB dilutes your argument even more. Although, I would take Andy Dalton over Kaepernick anyway.

Andrew Luck? I will just point and laugh at you trying to compare Kaepernick to Luck.

If you can't or don't see what we all see as shortcomings for Kaepernick, that's your problem. I tend to look past the result of a certain play or game and delve a bit deeper. I hope you're happy with the results you've gotten from Kaepernick, because you were lucky to get a lot of those positive results. Watching HOW he got those results doesn't look very good, but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":18yhptp3 said:
NINEster":18yhptp3 said:
rideaducati":18yhptp3 said:

Yeah, New England, New York and Pittsburgh have done horribly with their highly paid multiple-championship quarterbacks.

We sure don't want to see anything like that here. I'd rather see us pay someone like Kaepernick a mediocre deal to crap the bed and miss the playoffs. That's how truly successful franchises do it. Oh yeah.
It isn't Brady being suspended that will hurt them its fact their defense is back to average or worse, Pittsburgh arguably have the BEST running back in the NFL and very good receivers with a decent defense, New York is just weird they get hot every so often like some karmic circle deal. But make no mistake it's not just Eli and the Pusssycats in Rutherford, NJ.

Yeah, give me that level of suckitude anytime. Especially the fear and hate...so sweet it tastes. The thing of it is neither they or us are in the conversation without that centerpiece quarterback, yes even Eli because unlike his brother he has a small portion of the "it" factor Wilson literally exudes.

It's that feeling your team has a better than even chance to win under any circumstances. Just like Joe Montana.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Tical21":7it2942e said:

You have one of the best profile pics on the boards and it would have accurately described my sentiment had Russell not signed today.

Somehow this was the best news of the year for me and I received a significant promotion in May. That's what football does to your life. If we seriously expect to compete for the next 3-5 years, Wilson had to be a part of that. After all of the negative talk it felt amazing to wake up to the alert about his contract this morning. The terms are in line and allow for continued success. Anyone saying otherwise needs to do their homework. There is absolutely no precedent for a team letting a legitimate top 10> QB walk.

Sealake80

Reaction score
I think as contracts come in over the next year or so we will see that this was a great deal for the Hawks. I'm so glad we have Wilson for 5 more years. Over the course of that time though QB's in the league nowhere near as good as him will get much bigger interacts am I right? Wooooooooohooooooo!

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3eikl9i8 said:
HansGruber":3eikl9i8 said:
NINEster":3eikl9i8 said:
rideaducati":3eikl9i8 said:

It isn't Brady being suspended that will hurt them its fact their defense is back to average or worse, Pittsburgh arguably have the BEST running back in the NFL and very good receivers with a decent defense, New York is just weird they get hot every so often like some karmic circle deal. But make no mistake it's not just Eli and the Pusssycats in Rutherford, NJ.

Yeah, give me that level of suckitude anytime. Especially the fear and hate...so sweet it tastes.

Pittsburgh's defense will be looking up at decent. I think they may be one of the worst defenses in the NFL this year, but their offense might be the best in the NFL. You're not going to recognize the Stealers this year.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
NINEster":24v50qvg said:
rideaducati":24v50qvg said:

So what is it?

so let me get this right, Kap is better how? his worse playoff record, stats or the fact he has 0 rings and RW has 1? still trying to see the logic here.... let us not forget his stunning 1-5 record against the hawks and his awesome stats when he plays us.....

Tical21

Reaction score
Archer":33r0ssty said:
Tical21":33r0ssty said:

You have one of the best profile pics on the boards and it would have accurately described my sentiment had Russell not signed today.

Somehow this was the best news of the year for me and I received a significant promotion in May. That's what football does to your life. If we seriously expect to compete for the next 3-5 years, Wilson had to be a part of that. After all of the negative talk it felt amazing to wake up to the alert about his contract this morning. The terms are in line and allow for continued success. Anyone saying otherwise needs to do their homework. There is absolutely no precedent for a team letting a legitimate top 10> QB walk.
No there's not but with the rising salaries, you know a team is going to try it soon. I'm really anxious to see how trying things a different way works out. Can I get a whooaaaaaa Bundy?

sutz

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3rjpmmky said:
NINEster":3rjpmmky said:
rideaducati":3rjpmmky said:

So what is it?

so let me get this right, Kap is better how? his worse playoff record, stats or the fact he has 0 rings and RW has 1? still trying to see the logic here.... let us not forget his stunning 1-5 record against the hawks and his awesome stats when he plays us.....
Not to mention the whole well 'if he's so good why doesn't he win more in-season games and win HFA' argument? :p

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":27tyo9i6 said:
Archer":27tyo9i6 said:
Tical21":27tyo9i6 said:

No there's not but with the rising salaries, you know a team is going to try it soon. I'm really anxious to see how trying things a different way works out. Can I get a whooaaaaaa Bundy?
No, but you can get a "wishful thinking" or "you can't be serious" or "the trolling is getting old" or maybe "not until the rules say you better have a seriously good to elite quarterback to win consistently at the top levels"....or "we tried that method from 1976-2010 how'd that work out for you? And more importantly the team? ".

Latest posts