Russell signs for 4 years 87.6mil (New Main Wilson Thread)

Anthony!

Reaction score
NINEster":11oyf42k said:
rideaducati":11oyf42k said:
I was judging the values based on history of both players. Keep hoping for different results in the future. :th2thumbs:

If I judged both QBs on their playoff performances, I could make a very strong argument that the debate is STILL unsettled, maybe even tilted towards Kaepernick.

I'm sure Kaepernick would love to have played in a few more home playoff games (only *1* for him, with only *2* road games for Wilson), and perhaps anything but a 3 TD deficit after SB halftime would have been nice compared to Wilson not having to throw a TD pass until the game was already in the bag for the Hawks.

Despite all of this, Kap has played pretty damn well in the playoffs. His two rematch games in 2013 against Carolina and Seattle were easily better than the regular season matchups. His 2012 postseason he carried the team.

By the Hawks argument that Wilson just wins, you gotta put Kap above Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, even Andrew Luck because guess what compared to those guys, KAP WINS.

But naturally that argument won't fly here because it would contradict the hate for Kap.

So what is it?

Hmm lets see

Kap playoff stats
94 comp, 162 att, 1374 yards ,58% compl, 8.48 ypa, 7 tds 5 ints, 87.5 Qb rating

Wilson playoff stats
123 comp, 202 att, 1820 yards, 61% compl, 9 ypa, 12 tds, 6 ints, 98.1 qb rating

Hmm yeah pretty setteled to me. Forgetting yards, 3 points higher on comp %, over 10 in Qb rating, .5 more ypa, .6 more td/int meaning wilson is 2/1 kap 1.4/1 yeah it is settled Wilson wins enough said

Seahawker86

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2cgj5134 said:
Huh, I thought he was "greedy" ???

5 years total for 89 mil, less than 18 per. Plenty of guys, who are not at his level, are making more than him.
Total win for both sides. I wonder how the people who assumed they knew how much he was "demanding" feel now? Love it.

So many people arguing with me that it's 21million a year but isn't this how math works?

Since its a contract EXTENSION its the new contract PLUS this year's contract added with new money added to this year

So if you add money to THIS year's contract from the 87 million isn't that less than 20 million a year?

If it is then I was correct. Less than 20 million a year. I could be wrong though

bmorepunk

Reaction score
jdemps":3t8e8jti said:
I crunched the numbers on Wilson's cap hit through the life of his contract. Assuming the cap increases by $10 million/ year as it has the last 2, Wilson will never account for more than 12.6% of the salary cap.

The highest salary cap % taken up by a QB on a superbowl winning team is 13.1%

Coincidence??

:stirthepot:

DlOMkvE

bmorepunk

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":1pgpofg3 said:
SoulfishHawk":1pgpofg3 said:

5 years total for 89 mil, less than 18 per. Plenty of guys, who are not at his level, are making more than him.
Total win for both sides. I wonder how the people who assumed they knew how much he was "demanding" feel now? Love it.

So many people arguing with me that it's 21million a year but isn't this how math works?

Since its a contract EXTENSION its the new contract PLUS this year's contract added with new money added to this year

So if you add money to THIS year's contract from the 87 million isn't that less than 20 million a year?

If it is then I was correct. Less than 20 million a year. I could be wrong though

The "math" around here is is making the hilarity "increase exponentially".

StoneCold

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":3v6127k6 said:
SoulfishHawk":3v6127k6 said:

The new contract he just signed doesn't include this year. You can choose to look at either way, it makes no difference.

Carry on.

SC

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
StoneCold":341xlrzv said:
kthebestwayw":341xlrzv said:
SoulfishHawk":341xlrzv said:

The new contract he just signed doesn't include this year. You can choose to look at either way, it makes no difference.

Carry on.

SC
Except part of the signing bonus has been attributed to Wilson's 2015 cap hit, so in a way yes it does include this year

LymonHawk

Reaction score
dutchman063":15b4vdrh said:
I'll bet Ciara starts putting out now that he has signed on the dotted line

I hope God doesn't hear about this!

BTW: Ciara is worth some 15-16 Mil$ on her own.

chris98251

Reaction score
Chris Chase

Has recently been added to the approved 49er media list................................

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bgib1fm said:
Wilson's cap hits, seems pretty team friendly to me.

CLQpVLVUMAAk9hJ

That's just silly how good those cap hits look.

Schneider is like a freaking Jedi Ninja.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Yeah the hawks got a bargain. Helped to have the leverage of his rookie deal.

His next contract will be a record breaker. I'll be avoiding the forum if possible so I don't have to listen to people seriously say we should trade Wilson or let him walk.

Ozzy

Reaction score
HansGruber":3o4z50az said:
Yeah the hawks got a bargain. Helped to have the leverage of his rookie deal.

His next contract will be a record breaker. I'll be avoiding the forum if possible so I don't have to listen to people seriously say we should trade Wilson or let him walk.
I can't believe I agree with hans for once. This feels weird.

erik2690

Reaction score
I think it looks good already, but a note for when it bumps up a little in 2018:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/627462433049870336[/tweet]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Did not know about the deal until I turned on my radio on the way up camping. Turned on CBS sports radio and listened to Rome tell me about some of the deal....then tried to smile. I squeaked one out. Very hard past few days.....Glad we have the deal done. Go Hawks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a bargain nor would I call it an overspend. It's what I expected. In terms of new money, Wilson got an extremely generous deal that puts him near par with the best quarterback in the game (believe me, that is how Wilson and his agent are looking at it). Some might say that's too much while others will say it's the nature of the current QB market. Depends on perspective. Seattle, of course, is able to use the last year of Wilson's rookie deal to its advantage and save a bit of cap space compared to other franchise QBs. The real lesson here is that it pays to find a franchise QB in the mid-to-lower rounds of the draft. Whether either side "won" or "lost" will obviously depend heavily on Wilson's future performance, as age and potential certainly played into the contract's value.

Fade

Reaction score
Hawks46":2pmrnna0 said:
Sgt. Largent":2pmrnna0 said:
Wilson's cap hits, seems pretty team friendly to me.

CLQpVLVUMAAk9hJ

That's just silly how good those cap hits look.

Schneider is like a freaking Jedi Ninja.

Hawks maintain salary cap advantage vs. other chise QBs :D

chris98251

Reaction score
Consider this, many wanted to draft a QB in the first round, after all our draft experts or I should say many told us you can't win without a first round pick at QB. Well we got one in the third round and was able to build a team around him. His discount cost for his first years of playing was a Value Village deal, many say we paid too much, factor in he wasn't getting market value before and we got a hell of a deal. He won't break the bank going forward, we are going to be in the hunt for years to come based on how this worked out. Argue what you want but were set for three to four years now and only going to have more room as the cap increases.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":2evfrj80 said:
Consider this, many wanted to draft a QB in the first round, after all our draft experts or I should say many told us you can't win without a first round pick at QB. Well we got one in the third round and was able to build a team around him. His discount cost for his first years of playing was a Value Village deal, many say we paid too much, factor in he wasn't getting market value before and we got a hell of a deal. He won't break the bank going forward, we are going to be in the hunt for years to come based on how this worked out. Argue what you want but were set for three to four years now and only going to have more room as the cap increases.

I would consider this thought tho, nothing against your thoughts tho....

But, I think that we had a system here and he was the fit for that system. We drafted him for that position that was the fit for him. A tiny bit of coaching and then we have the most aggressive team conceivable with a defense that rocks. Now we are taking advancements for the offense that strengthen the form. Just my humble opinion.....

GO HAWKS :thirishdrinkers:

Latest posts