Russ Scores More Than 13.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is under contract in 2019. And, the team can Franchise him multiple times. They have plenty of leverage.

John63

Reaction score
nwHawk":30fa9dei said:
Playing with the lead... we'll we've done that (so have a ton of teams) and lost. We played with the lead in Sooper Bowl XLIX, should have one yet lost. We played the "here we are and we are going to run game" against Dallas. We had the lead to start the 4th quarter, the better QB, a solid defense (sans Griffen) and yup... we lost that one too.

I still have not had anyone answer this question. If Russ was able to dominate games from start to finish, game in and game out, WHY wouldn't the coaches allow him? Seriously? If so, wouldn't we win every game? Wouldn't we win championships hand over fist? ...if not, why?

You obviously don't read or listen when your HC speaks. Pete has said he wants to keep it close, win the TOP and TO battle and then win in the 4th. That is why.

nwHawk

Reaction score
John, are you kidding me? Everyone knows Pete's philosophy. That's a dead horse.

John63

Reaction score
nwHawk":1kmt9f6a said:
John, are you kidding me? Everyone knows Pete's philosophy. That's a dead horse.

Obviously not since people still want to put it on Wilson and others

You said "I still have not had anyone answer this question. If Russ was able to dominate games from start to finish, game in and game out, WHY wouldn't the coaches allow him? Seriously? If so, wouldn't we win every game? Wouldn't we win championships hand over fist? ...if not, why"

well if everyone knows PC philosophy you would not have needed to ask the question. The answer is because of Petes Philosophy.

D

DomeHawk

Still angry over our playoff game. And so sick of those apologists who say that we wouldn't have went any further anyway.

100% positive that we would have won that game if we would have responded to what the Cowboys defense was doing earlier.

100% positive that we would have accounted for ourselves much better than the Rams did.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, really gave that one away imo. But it's time to move on to 2019 and get fired up for the future.
On a side note, a bunch of snow might be coming back tomorrow night. Thanks Russ.......

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":38a7pol1 said:
Still angry over our playoff game. And so sick of those apologists who say that we wouldn't have went any further anyway.

100% positive that we would have won that game if we would have responded to what the Cowboys defense was doing earlier.

100% positive that we would have accounted for ourselves much better than the Rams did.
100% positive we wouldn't have got past the Rams or the Saints. Too many injuries, not enough depth.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":k56kxolc said:
Yeah, really gave that one away imo. But it's time to move on to 2019 and get fired up for the future.
On a side note, a bunch of snow might be coming back tomorrow night. Thanks Russ.......

Exactly!

I got locked outside in 16 degree weather with sprinklers on....

Thanks a lot Russ. :lol:

IrF3hYF

John63

Reaction score
Seymour":r71fa01a said:
SoulfishHawk":r71fa01a said:

Exactly!

I got locked outside in 16 degree weather with sprinklers on....

Thanks a lot Russ. :lol:

IrF3hYF

LOL that's hilalrious

mrt144

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2mood2y7 said:
DomeHawk":2mood2y7 said:

100% positive we wouldn't have got past the Rams or the Saints. Too many injuries, not enough depth.

The point is playing to get the opportunity to even step on your dick the next game. I hate belaboring that playoff game because it was one game during a good overall season with a lot of shuffling and moving parts but it sticks with me because there are no excuses other than "we were the inferior team and didn't play as well as we could have and should have to prove ourselves superior" and one factor in that inferiority is something that doesn't have to be conditionally bound to talent inferiority and was in fact done in spite of talent inferiority (due to injury) - the overall strategy and tactical pursuit of that strategy.

This is a cause for concern because this situation could repeat with or without injuries, with or without talent upgrades or downgrades. I know that a buttress against that notion is "if we have better talent and then by extension execution, our running game doesn't get shook like that and thus Schotty's commitment to eat 3 and Outs with a 4 point lead just wouldn't be a scenario that could likely happen". I don't think it's reasonable to assume there will be natural talent upgrades on offense and certainly there's no way to make that determination sight unseen until we get a sense of how they're used in game where the stakes matter. I also don't believe we're 2-3 players away from having a lockdown D that can hold a 4 point lead for 20+ minutes in 2019. Maybe 2020 when some of our 2017/2018 picks finally have some good experience under their belt and are looking pretty for an extension or at least a good comp pick.

The playoff game was a perfect opportunity to see how our OC deals with a situation where the team has a small tenuous upper hand in spite of substandard bread and butter performance. We saw how it went down and while that might be aberration and a one off to disregard, it's a game situation to make note of and see how our OC deals with it going forward.

In future situations that are similar, will we add points to the board with a lead, generally? Will we more consistently see lead changes back and forth because we didn't accumulate more points with a lead and our defense is still 2 or 3 players away from being the way we want it to be? These are things to keep tabs on and hope Schotty rises to the occasion on.

chris98251

Reaction score
They play the field position game a lot, we went after a Punter to give us that and task our opponent to execute against our defense. That's you offense when not taking risks until you get in a position where a Punt isn't favorable and you go for a score or Field goal.

That's Petes philosophy, all you lauding, lauds yes M O O N spells Dickson during the season need to understand the why we have him.

mrt144

Reaction score
chris98251":2f4jmkf0 said:
They play the field position game a lot, we went after a Punter to give us that and task our opponent to execute against our defense. That's you offense when not taking risks until you get in a position where a Punt isn't favorable and you go for a score or Field goal.

That's Petes philosophy, all you lauding, lauds yes M O O N spells Dickson during the season need to understand the why we have him.

Ha, I do take Dickson for granted, fair.

We did get a chance to see the weak spot of that overall idea and implementation though and hopefully lessons have been learned and the team will improve with talent. I think it's way too early to speculate on that though as dudes could get season ending injuries in training camp among other things.

I mean, do you see our defense improving to the level of keeping Dallas at 10 points in that game? How far away and ways to get there?

John63

Reaction score
mrt144":2bcb0lq2 said:
chris98251":2bcb0lq2 said:

Ha, I do take Dickson for granted, fair.

We did get a chance to see the weak spot of that overall idea and implementation though and hopefully lessons have been learned and the team will improve with talent. I think it's way too early to speculate on that though as dudes could get season ending injuries in training camp among other things.

I mean, do you see our defense improving to the level of keeping Dallas at 10 points in that game? How far away and ways to get there?

The funny part is everyone knows Pets philosophy and yet they choose to blame Wilson when we start sow or don't score in the first half or he does not take chances.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The team is way too conservative in the first half of games, period. It has been this way for years, and it's next level annoying. But hey, everything is Russ' fault, even the play calling :roll:

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1v3bz4v6 said:
The team is way too conservative in the first half of games, period. It has been this way for years, and it's next level annoying. But hey, everything is Russ' fault, even the play calling :roll:
Dude, we get it. You don't have to make the same sarcastic post anytime Russ is brought up. Literally nobody here is saying anything other than at miminum Russ is a very good quarterback. Ever.

It freaking works. Russ had by far the most efficient season of his career. But the playcalling and scheme are a problem. Got it.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":69uywe7u said:

Isn't it interesting those that are a negative post every time, but they get on those who are positive not too? Hmm

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Aros":s0qrvcks said:
What a crap performance by the Rams. As God as my witness if we were the ones facing the Pats today we win this game if the score stays the same for them (13).

Sigh.

Pats could not have planned for Russ's sandlot football. Plus the Ram's run game was nothing fierce, they were wet noodles. Chris Carson would have put it all on the line. Hawks would have put up 17+, unfortunately I think Brady would have shredded our secondary and we'd have lost 28-17 or something like that.

Seymour

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2l0wsh24 said:
Aros":2l0wsh24 said:
What a crap performance by the Rams. As God as my witness if we were the ones facing the Pats today we win this game if the score stays the same for them (13).

Sigh.

Pats could not have planned for Russ's sandlot football. Plus the Ram's run game was nothing fierce, they were wet noodles. Chris Carson would have put it all on the line. Hawks would have put up 17+, unfortunately I think Brady would have shredded our secondary and we'd have lost 28-17 or something like that.

He goes yard into the bullpen!