Russ Pro Bowl Performance

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

Those are the QB ratings of the three NFC QBs.

Those are the QB ratings of the three AFC QBs.

Russell had the 2nd highest rating behind Mahomes. I find it hard to believe that Jason Garrett is a head coach in this league, let alone how long his tenure is with Dallas. I know this is a thread about RW pro bowl performance but coaching played a huge part in the ineptness of the NFC. One would think that Garrett’s own QB would have a chance to shine. Nope. Dak pretty much sucked. This type of game is one that should allow Russ to dominate with his skill set. Nope. In a game that kind of breaks down into an unscripted jumble of schoolyard play, a QB with a reputation of making something out of nothing on schoolyard plays, was essentially nullified.

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
This whole conversation is ridiculous. It was glorified flag football and the minute anyone was touched, they blew the whistle. So, I can't take a sack total serious in this game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, this is the place where some people wait to pounce on Russ. Even in a glorified game of 2 hand touch.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Guys, guys, guys, nobody is arguing that the Pro Bowl is little more than a glorified flag football game essentially. What I found interesting was the dichotomy between the amount of time Russ had to throw versus Mahomes. Russ basically had no time to throw at all while Mahomes was cooking steaks in the backfield. I found that odd. That's all. Nothing to over-analyze I suppose but it is the offseason for us so why the hell not?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's a good point, it's as if the AFC decided to have a pass rush and the NFC was just standing around on D.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":196g1vbg said:
Well, it was raining after all. :stirthepot:

Eesh. Can't remember when a QB in the Pro Bowl took 4 sacks in a half. Pass Pro looked strangely "familiar".

BWags looked the part. Dickson had some nice punts.
I was wondering how Russ pissed off all the O-line so badly that they just stood up and let the Pass Rushers ole' right on thru.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3cf99px5 said:
I was wondering how Russ pissed off all the O-line so badly that they just stood up and let the Pass Rushers ole' right on thru.

Right?! Maybe Mahomes bought his OL steak dinner during the week.

John63

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1cs9475t said:
Spin Doctor":1cs9475t said:
John63":1cs9475t said:
Spin Doctor":1cs9475t said:
That is just the way Russ plays. Leads to some spectacular plays, and some cringe worthy moments. It is what it is.

Sorry to say today does not support this at all. The very first sack he was tackled as soon as he turned, with no chance out of it, as to the rest well believe what you want, but I did not see anyone open, and since all the Qbs took sacks I would say it was more a by-product of bad pass protection and bad play calling I mean really 7 points in a Pro Bowl. While I agree he does at times take some Sacks, it is far from cut and dry, an example from this season one he took on a 3rd and 20, no one was open, that would have gotten the first down. So either throw short and punt or try to give them time. I think a lot of people who complain about the sacks don't pay attention to down, distance, the situation if anyone is open, etc. Today was a great example, 1st sack he got hit in under 2 seconds when he turned after the fake no place to do, and still in the pocket.
2nd sack 3rd and 12 none open, 3rd sack 2nd and 7 hit in under 2 seconds and no one open, 4th sack 2nd and 2 hit in under 2 seconds, no one open. The AFC came to play the NFC came to make an appearance. There were 8 sacks in this game 7 on the NFC. The NFC oline was out to lunch.
Over half of those came from one guy, Russell Wilson. It's just how he plays. He doesn't give up on plays (something he got better at this year).

Not that the pro-bowl really means anything anyways.

He’s not gonna let it go. It’s his narrative here. It’s like some people try to be blocked. It’s just how he posts.

Yeah it is time for me to say goodbye to him I dont have time for trolls

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Lol are we really serious with some of the responses in this thread? The NFC scored 7 points. The only QB that did something was Dak, the only QB who knew the playbook

They tried to roll Russ out of the pocket a few times and he got sacked. There was no effort with protection, no effort in general. We can honestly critique Russ taking sacks but if you’re anti-Russ on this you have serious problems LOL

Also, I didn’t think it was possible but Jason Garrett is terrible even in Pro Bowls :lol:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
One sack was on the OL and the rest was RW camping and not pulling the trigger. He threw a pass right to the FS after camping too. Rating or not, he looked like a rookie.

D

DomeHawk

John63":16jdusph said:
Spin Doctor":16jdusph said:
That is just the way Russ plays. Leads to some spectacular plays, and some cringe worthy moments. It is what it is.

Sorry to say today does not support this at all. The very first sack he was tackled as soon as he turned, with no chance out of it, as to the rest well believe what you want, but I did not see anyone open, and since all the Qbs took sacks I would say it was more a by-product of bad pass protection and bad play calling I mean really 7 points in a Pro Bowl. While I agree he does at times take some Sacks, it is far from cut and dry, an example from this season one he took on a 3rd and 20, no one was open, that would have gotten the first down. So either throw short and punt or try to give them time. I think a lot of people who complain about the sacks don't pay attention to down, distance, the situation if anyone is open, etc. Today was a great example, 1st sack he got hit in under 2 seconds when he turned after the fake no place to do, and still in the pocket.
2nd sack 3rd and 12 none open, 3rd sack 2nd and 7 hit in under 2 seconds and no one open, 4th sack 2nd and 2 hit in under 2 seconds, no one open. The AFC came to play the NFC came to make an appearance. There were 8 sacks in this game 7 on the NFC. The NFC oline was out to lunch.

Paragraphs, please.

That is, if you want anyone around here to read your stuff.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Aros":sseur1k7 said:
JSeahawks":sseur1k7 said:
I can’t believe any of you actually watched it.

Well considering it's the last time I will see Russell and Bobby in uniform playing on a football field until September when it matters, it shouldn't be all that surprising.

You left out BBD. What is wrong with you??? Got something against punters??

John63

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3vmzqqi6 said:
One sack was on the OL and the rest was RW camping and not pulling the trigger. He threw a pass right to the FS after camping too. Rating or not, he looked like a rookie.

Yeah and no one getting open had nothing to do with it at all. Lol goodbye

John63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2wu94ome said:
John63":2wu94ome said:
Spin Doctor":2wu94ome said:

Paragraphs, please.

That is, if you want anyone around here to read your stuff.

I was saying those blamung Wilson for all the sacks need to rewatch with there eyes open.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
John63":2xkmsps0 said:
vin.couve12":2xkmsps0 said:

Yeah and no one getting open had nothing to do with it at all. Lol goodbye
Uh...yeah...see ya?

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1n6to3qf said:
Nah, Wilson will never be good enough for many. Get used to is :?

Yup, i just foe them and ignore, if they refuse to be reasonable or want to ignore the facts, they are not worth my efforts.

RCATES

Reaction score
Who's fault was it this time guys? O-cord, O-lineman, not enough weapons (lol). Going to cringe so hard when this front office throws $30+million a year at Russ.

Seymour

Reaction score
Why are people knitpicking a fake game that nobody cares about in pure shitty weather?

Wow....scraping the bottom of the barrel to rag on YOUR QB in that situation. :177692: