Russ 12th best player in the NFL?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2nq99r41 said:
John63":2nq99r41 said:
BASF":2nq99r41 said:
After watching him not taking what the defense was giving for almost half a season and failing miserably in the playoffs (as much as people make excuses and distract from the fact, the game plan was Wilson throwing against the Rams) how can any of you complain about this placement. Wilson wilted through the last half of the season when we actually faced good defenses with pass rush. Does that make him a top ten player?

again factually inaccurate with regards to wilting the 2nd half of the season once again I will provide you the FACTS

Passer rating last 8 games

So let's see 85 and below is considered not good he had 3 games below 85 out of 8. So sorry he did WIlt he had a few bad games but guess what all Qbs do.

That's a BS, arbitrary number. 93.6 is the average. 85 is a cherry-picked mark which you used to make your argument look better. Reality is that he was average or worse in 5 out of 8 of those games, using just passer rating, which isn't a great basket to put all your eggs with anyway.

Also, this is a reply to someone complaining that he was voted the 12th best player in the league. You claiming that he was statistically bad in only 37.5% of the games doesn't strengthen your argument.

There are 1696 NFL players. Being ranked 12th of all them puts you at better than in the 1 percentile (.007 to be precise) of players. I personally think Wilson is a top 5-8 payer in the league. However, if you believe he is not and that being ranked 12th (or worse) is appropriate, I objectively think that pointing out he played below average in 37.5% of games does merit consideration and is a valid argument. I don't agree that it is an accurate measuring stick, but if I were arguing the other side....I get it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hoxrox":1palijj0 said:
pittpnthrs":1palijj0 said:
hoxrox":1palijj0 said:
pittpnthrs":1palijj0 said:
Nobody does more for their team than Russell Wilson.

It cuts both ways. His 10 turnover over 4 game stretch likely cost the team the number one seed last year.

And if he doesnt play at all, the team probably wins 3 games total.

This is true for every NFL team unless you have a really good back up QB.

Or a good coach

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12mtlzdm said:
pittpnthrs":12mtlzdm said:
Sgt. Largent":12mtlzdm said:
pittpnthrs":12mtlzdm said:

You could take just about any of the top 10 QB's in the league, remove them from their team and their team's would go from playoff contenders to below .500 records.

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Jackson
Allen
Prescott (saw it last year)

Anyway, not arguing your point other than all these guys are as important to their teams as Russell is to ours. It's the nature of the position when the QB is on that elite level.

I get what your saying. Really I do, but besides the Cowboys, those other teams have more talent across the board.

What do you think Kansas City or Tampa's record would be if Chad Henne or Blaine Gabbert were their QB for a full season vs Geno Smith with us?

I don't think all three records would be that different, all around or below .500.

I truly believe TB or KC would easily win 3 or 4 more games than Seattle.

Rat

Reaction score
beaumaris":1xrlrxes said:
TreeRon":1xrlrxes said:
He's not even in the top 10? Surprising to me. I guess people don't respect what he does. If I were him, I'd take this personally.
Don’t worry about it Ron,just some clowns stupid opinion.
Wasnt it voted on by the players?

Rat

Reaction score
I think that makes him 5th among QBs (Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Allen). You could argue Allen, but overall that feels fair.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1hwnag6c said:
Sgt. Largent":1hwnag6c said:
pittpnthrs":1hwnag6c said:
Sgt. Largent":1hwnag6c said:
You could take just about any of the top 10 QB's in the league, remove them from their team and their team's would go from playoff contenders to below .500 records.

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Jackson
Allen
Prescott (saw it last year)

Anyway, not arguing your point other than all these guys are as important to their teams as Russell is to ours. It's the nature of the position when the QB is on that elite level.

I get what your saying. Really I do, but besides the Cowboys, those other teams have more talent across the board.

What do you think Kansas City or Tampa's record would be if Chad Henne or Blaine Gabbert were their QB for a full season vs Geno Smith with us?

I don't think all three records would be that different, all around or below .500.

Those two QB's have a combined record as starters of 31-73, so I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion.

Smith is 12-18, so not great but way better than those two.

IMO my point still stands, but you don't have to agree with it. All elite QB's out would be catastrophic to their teams. Maybe we can parse wins and losses, but the sentiment is correct.

chris98251

Reaction score
They the other players seen the collapse at the end of the year and know something, he and or the offense did not adjust, the NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":klotw96t said:
is there anything more "seahawk" than being #12?

Finally, someone with sense!!!
What else would he be other than #12.
Like my daddy aways told me
"If you aint 1st, you're 12's

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3lgjw5uz said:
John63":3lgjw5uz said:
BASF":3lgjw5uz said:
After watching him not taking what the defense was giving for almost half a season and failing miserably in the playoffs (as much as people make excuses and distract from the fact, the game plan was Wilson throwing against the Rams) how can any of you complain about this placement. Wilson wilted through the last half of the season when we actually faced good defenses with pass rush. Does that make him a top ten player?

again factually inaccurate with regards to wilting the 2nd half of the season once again I will provide you the FACTS

So let's see 85 and below is considered not good he had 3 games below 85 out of 8. So sorry he did WIlt he had a few bad games but guess what all Qbs do.

That's a BS, arbitrary number. 93.6 is the average. 85 is a cherry-picked mark which you used to make your argument look better. Reality is that he was average or worse in 5 out of 8 of those games, using just passer rating, which isn't a great basket to put all your eggs with anyway.

Also, this is a reply to someone complaining that he was voted the 12th best player in the league. You claiming that he was statistically bad in only 37.5% of the games doesn't strengthen your argument.

Code for you don't like the stats because it does not help your position so you will belittle it. Got it FYI 85 is the number the NFL picked not me but I get it you don't like it does not help you got it. FYI the rest of your pos tts garbage and you know it. FYI Hmm the supposed Goat had Passer ratings under your 93.6 on 32% of his games but how he is the goat. Brees over 30%, Mahomes over 30% oh and by the way we are talking regular season and this under you 93.6 was only 31% the same as Mahomes, Brady and Brees Facts matter to bad your are false. The reality is Wilson even by your incorrect number was no worse than the other top QB

https://thestadiumreviews.com/blogs/info/what-is-the-nfl-passer-rating/

So foe you go

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm with Peter Schrager on this one...

Good Morning Football's Peter Schrager took issue with Wilson's ranking. He's the fifth-ranked quarterback, behind Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, who all made the top-10.

Here's what Schrager said:

"I try not to get upset or outrageous about this list. I know every year there's going to be something that disappoints me, something that annoys me. … Russell Wilson being outside the top-10 is ridiculous. To have defensive players who weren't voted Defensive Player of the Year above him, to have any running back -- I don't care if it's a 2,000-yard season -- over Russell Wilson (is ridiculous). … As long as Russell Wilson gets out of bed and he's playing football he's a top-5 player in the league. Russell Wilson at 12 is one of the most ridiculous things this list has ever brought us."

John63

Reaction score
Aros":181qudjo said:
I'm with Peter Schrager on this one...

Good Morning Football's Peter Schrager took issue with Wilson's ranking. He's the fifth-ranked quarterback, behind Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, who all made the top-10.

Here's what Schrager said:

"I try not to get upset or outrageous about this list. I know every year there's going to be something that disappoints me, something that annoys me. … Russell Wilson being outside the top-10 is ridiculous. To have defensive players who weren't voted Defensive Player of the Year above him, to have any running back -- I don't care if it's a 2,000-yard season -- over Russell Wilson (is ridiculous). … As long as Russell Wilson gets out of bed and he's playing football he's a top-5 player in the league. Russell Wilson at 12 is one of the most ridiculous things this list has ever brought us."

yup

I agree with what he said but in the end, it is what it is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing he says is wrong, that's for sure. Of course, it's always followed by that moron Kyle Brandt bashing Russ and anything Seahawks. All while going on and on about how amazing everything is that the Rams do.

At least he's consistent. He's just wrong, all the time.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm starting to feel like nobody cares about "debate" lists like these anymore. Everything is about having a debate now. It's dumb. I mean really who cares it's silly and a waste of time. If Russ was number 1 on this list I'd say the same thing. All this stuff is meant to hype up the season it's not actually useful to use brain energy on stuff like this. Super bowl or bust, simple as.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2ici7vxq said:
Maelstrom787":2ici7vxq said:
John63":2ici7vxq said:
BASF":2ici7vxq said:

Code for you don't like the stats because it does not help your position so you will belittle it. Got it FYI 85 is the number the NFL picked not me but I get it you don't like it does not help you got it. FYI the rest of your pos tts garbage and you know it. FYI Hmm the supposed Goat had Passer ratings under your 93.6 on 32% of his games but how he is the goat. Brees over 30%, Mahomes over 30% oh and by the way we are talking regular season and this under you 93.6 was only 31% the same as Mahomes, Brady and Brees Facts matter to bad your are false. The reality is Wilson even by your incorrect number was no worse than the other top QB

https://thestadiumreviews.com/blogs/info/what-is-the-nfl-passer-rating/

So foe you go

It's not my number. Stop being a charlatan. The average is mathematic fact. Your arbitrary number of 85 is corroborated by nothing.

Also, you've added me to your foe list about 8 times. Might want to check if it's working.

You are very literally lying at the moment. 93.6 being the average passer rating this past year in the NFL is not up for debate. It's the literal average. Not what people see as "average," but the actual damned average. 85 is well, well below average.

Also, if you would actually try to read my post, you'll notice that I'm not actually criticizing Russell - just your obviously cherry-picked argument that holds no weight or true analysis. You could be pointing out his deep passing efficiency or other strengths of his instead of lying.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2iozmx8z said:
pittpnthrs":2iozmx8z said:
Sgt. Largent":2iozmx8z said:
pittpnthrs":2iozmx8z said:

Those two QB's have a combined record as starters of 31-73, so I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion.

Smith is 12-18, so not great but way better than those two.

IMO my point still stands, but you don't have to agree with it. All elite QB's out would be catastrophic to their teams. Maybe we can parse wins and losses, but the sentiment is correct.

Henne was with Miami and Jacksonville while Gabbert had his majority of starts with the Jags also. All i'm trying to point out is that Tampa and KC have loaded rosters right now and they would fare better with comparable backups.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If you don't like someone's list --- make your own list,. It is equally valid.

Throwdown

Reaction score
TreeRon":38zn5ywp said:
He's not even in the top 10? Surprising to me. I guess people don't respect what he does. If I were him, I'd take this personally.

Hard to respect a guy who holds the ball so long and runs into a sack then blames his oline

Seymour

Reaction score
hoxrox":66i7pcwe said:
pittpnthrs":66i7pcwe said:

It cuts both ways. His 10 turnover over 4 game stretch likely cost the team the number one seed last year.

And his first half put them in that position to begin with....so nope.

Latest posts