Russ 12th best player in the NFL?

TreeRon

Reaction score
He's not even in the top 10? Surprising to me. I guess people don't respect what he does. If I were him, I'd take this personally.

beaumaris

Reaction score
TreeRon":219ybhc1 said:
He's not even in the top 10? Surprising to me. I guess people don't respect what he does. If I were him, I'd take this personally.
Don’t worry about it Ron,just some clowns stupid opinion.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's all opinion. And come on, 12th best in the entire league? Nothing wrong with that.

He's a top 5 QB and a future HOF. He'll be just fine.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
These lists are silly, regardless of if its the players voting or not. No way in Hell are there 11 players better than Russell Wilson in the NFL. Top 5 period. I get its punishment for not finishing the MVP-type season off strong but whatevs.

BASF

Reaction score
After watching him not taking what the defense was giving for almost half a season and failing miserably in the playoffs (as much as people make excuses and distract from the fact, the game plan was Wilson throwing against the Rams) how can any of you complain about this placement. Wilson wilted through the last half of the season when we actually faced good defenses with pass rush. Does that make him a top ten player?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BASF":16hmrizm said:
After watching him not taking what the defense was giving for almost half a season and failing miserably in the playoffs (as much as people make excuses and distract from the fact, the game plan was Wilson throwing against the Rams) how can any of you complain about this placement. Wilson wilted through the last half of the season when we actually faced good defenses with pass rush. Does that make him a top ten player?

To be fair, the Top 100 is based on THIS upcoming season, so it's potential and not an indictment on a player's overall value or position in the NFL. Looking at what he has done in his entire career he is flat out a Top 5 player in the NFL. Now for the 2021 season alone? Who knows? Maybe 12 is just fine.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Aros":3dm0orrq said:
BASF":3dm0orrq said:

To be fair, the Top 100 is based on THIS upcoming season, so it's potential and not an indictment on a player's overall value or position in the NFL. Looking at what he has done in his entire career he is flat out a Top 5 player in the NFL. Now for the 2021 season alone? Who knows? Maybe 12 is just fine.

I thought I heard on NFL network that player voting for this list was done around mid season. Around the time the LRC campaign started fizzling. So perhaps recency bias played a part in this voting.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Nobody does more for their team than Russell Wilson.

hoxrox

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2gideant said:

It cuts both ways. His 10 turnover over 4 game stretch likely cost the team the number one seed last year.

John63

Reaction score
BASF":ny08lmcg said:

again factually inaccurate with regards to wilting the 2nd half of the season once again I will provide you the FACTS

Passer rating last 8 games

So let's see 85 and below is considered not good he had 3 games below 85 out of 8. So sorry he did WIlt he had a few bad games but guess what all Qbs do.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":6x8onkrx said:
pittpnthrs":6x8onkrx said:

It cuts both ways. His 10 turnover over 4 game stretch likely cost the team the number one seed last year.

except he never had 10 Tos over 4 game stretch. The most in any 4 games is 7. Now could it have cost us the #1 seed perhaps, but given our defense was giving up 27 points per game in the first 5 games of the season you would not have been in that position without Wilson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":23p5wezo said:

You could take just about any of the top 10 QB's in the league, remove them from their team and their team's would go from playoff contenders to below .500 records.

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Jackson
Allen
Prescott (saw it last year)

Anyway, not arguing your point other than all these guys are as important to their teams as Russell is to ours. It's the nature of the position when the QB is on that elite level.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hoxrox":3kjd6t3n said:
pittpnthrs":3kjd6t3n said:

And if he doesnt play at all, the team probably wins 3 games total.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3n69jcob said:
pittpnthrs":3n69jcob said:

You could take just about any of the top 10 QB's in the league, remove them from their team and their team's would go from playoff contenders to below .500 records.

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Jackson
Allen

Anyway, not arguing your point other than all these guys are as important to their teams as Russell is to ours. It's the nature of the position when the QB is on that elite level.

I get what your saying. Really I do, but besides the Cowboys, those other teams have more talent across the board.

hoxrox

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":35rw2qlc said:
hoxrox":35rw2qlc said:
pittpnthrs":35rw2qlc said:

And if he doesnt play at all, the team probably wins 3 games total.

This is true for every NFL team unless you have a really good back up QB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":aqd4rogd said:
Sgt. Largent":aqd4rogd said:
pittpnthrs":aqd4rogd said:

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Jackson
Allen

I get what your saying. Really I do, but besides the Cowboys, those other teams have more talent across the board.

What do you think Kansas City or Tampa's record would be if Chad Henne or Blaine Gabbert were their QB for a full season vs Geno Smith with us?

I don't think all three records would be that different, all around or below .500.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Not agreeing or disagreeing with his ranking per this particular post , but my general observation has been that the national media overwhelmingly reflects on Wilson in a very positive and respectful light. He is always and universally acknowledged as one of the best QB's in the league.

By far the most acute criticism of Russell Wilson that I encounter is right here on .NET, not anywhere on the "East Coast".

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":ep38ug22 said:
BASF":ep38ug22 said:

again factually inaccurate with regards to wilting the 2nd half of the season once again I will provide you the FACTS

Passer rating last 8 games

So let's see 85 and below is considered not good he had 3 games below 85 out of 8. So sorry he did WIlt he had a few bad games but guess what all Qbs do.

That's a BS, arbitrary number. 93.6 is the average. 85 is a cherry-picked mark which you used to make your argument look better. Reality is that he was average or worse in 5 out of 8 of those games, using just passer rating, which isn't a great basket to put all your eggs with anyway.

Also, this is a reply to someone complaining that he was voted the 12th best player in the league. You claiming that he was statistically bad in only 37.5% of the games doesn't strengthen your argument.

Latest posts