Rumor: Seahawks talking to Giants about Kam trade

jake206

Reaction score
Draft picks are worthless in a deal like this. Hawks SB window is open right now. Kam is a proven player...an All-pro at his peak. No draft pick would compensate his loss. Only thing that would mitigate is star player for star player type of transaction.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kobebryant":2r6womme said:
hawkfan68":2r6womme said:
The talks with Giants maybe about another safety and not Kam. The Giants have Antrel Rolle, who's a veteran safety and a pretty good one. Maybe the Seahawks are seeking to acquire Rolle rather than trade Kam. Who knows, rumors are going to be flying everywhere now that week 1 is starting. The Seahawks will trade Kam "when pigs fly". He's one of the untouchables (as far as trades go) on the team.

Unless you're thinking of someone else, Antrel Rolle plays for the Bears.

You're correct, nice catch....I forgot that Rolle signed with the Bears. Thanks for the heads up.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Wasn't it stated that a lot of teams called JS about Kam, so I'm sure there were talks. It would take a crazy offer to actually have any serious discussion though.

Decimation

Reaction score
Kam's going nowhere unless we get a star player out of it. I don't want Kam to go, I love the player he is and how he's a big part of the LOB and it's unfortunate to see this holdout be dragged out this long. I just want Bam Bam to return already.. Sheesh.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The problem is I doubt Kam plays without more money. .he's a stubborn ass..we can't give in. .Noone is bigger then team.....but even kam

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tical21":2fi004vs said:
We're not getting Odell Beckham or Danny Shelton or Julio Jones for Kam Chancellor. Nobody cares about safeties, especially really expensive ones.

Agreed, but.... If we throw in Christine Michael to sweeten the pot I bet we can get at least 2 of those guys.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":2qg1j9g3 said:
Can KPL or Pinkins grow into Chancellors role? Big mobile safeties? I know neither will become Chancellor and we will miss his physicality and height but I don't see much to love in Bailey or the other SS right now.
No.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
At least a high second rounder or 2 third round picks before you even begin the discussion if I'm JS

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1b296ytb said:
Sounds like we are just trying to scare Kam to be honest. If the prospect of playing on the Giants doesn't do it I don't what will.
No, it sounds like some a$$clown trying to get attention for himself by pulling things out of his most southern oriface.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Kam is going to sit on his couch and watch the Hawks on Sundays. That's about the only thing that's going to happen right now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":22jm60ji said:
therealjohncarlson":22jm60ji said:
Sounds like we are just trying to scare Kam to be honest. If the prospect of playing on the Giants doesn't do it I don't what will.
No, it sounds like some a$$clown trying to get attention for himself by pulling things out of his most southern oriface.

Yup. He turned "Giants called Seahawks to see if they were interested in a trade" into "Seahawks in discussions with Giants about trading Kam Chancellor". Big difference and you can see him backtracking in his follow-up tweets.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jake206":3m8bor7x said:
Draft picks are worthless in a deal like this. Hawks SB window is open right now. Kam is a proven player...an All-pro at his peak. No draft pick would compensate his loss. Only thing that would mitigate is star player for star player type of transaction.
I agree with this.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm gonna be pizzed if we trade Kam. I'd rather have him sit on his couch for 3 years.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
First thing that came to my mind, like Sarlacc, was that this was a tactic by the front office to leverage Kam. Kam wants more money, but he also knows he's a part of one of the very best NFL defenses in history in Seattle, and the Seahawks give him one of the best shots in the league at another Super Bowl ring.

And the 'Hawks aren't going to trade him for peanuts. They're probably serious, if this is indeed more than a rumor, but they're not going to take less than what he's worth for him. Of course, Kam being the player he is, that's quite a bit, and if they could pull a first round pick out of it, or say, two seconds, they might do it.

And that is the leverage they need to "compromise" and get Kam back to work.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1f9dg6v2 said:
jake206":1f9dg6v2 said:
I agree with this.
Yup agree.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
King Dog":2edkeooa said:
I'm gonna be pizzed if we trade Kam. I'd rather have him sit on his couch for 3 years.

I fully agree. I love the player, but he has to be made an example of or this will continue to happen. If he isnt going to play for us, he isnt going to play, and he will lose money. He is holding the team hostage. We sit him this year, and if he comes back the last 6 games just to be a jerk and get a full year, we hold him to his contract next year and he will still lose money. We do it again the third year. If he choses to hurt the team, we in return give him no concessions and hold him to his contract. We will find a suitable replacement by next year at the latest, and maybe even by the middle of this year. He loses 3 years of his prime playing time and earns very little.

This crap has to be nipped in the bud unless we want to deal with it every year from other players. We will be fine.

Cartire

Reaction score
Kamcussion":wng03q1e said:
Odell for chancellor... I could see being happy with that

:shock:

Yea, the Giants are gonna give up one of the most prolific WR's on a rookie contract for a SS coming off injury and wanting a new fatty deal.

I would die with excitement if it happened. But people already know Im an Atheist, so I know this trade cant happen. ;)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":mpljp911 said:
therealjohncarlson":mpljp911 said:

That's exactly what this is.

Why people believe this rumor has any validity is beyond me

Cartire

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3kwk2x5t said:
First thing that came to my mind, like Sarlacc, was that this was a tactic by the front office to leverage Kam. Kam wants more money, but he also knows he's a part of one of the very best NFL defenses in history in Seattle, and the Seahawks give him one of the best shots in the league at another Super Bowl ring.

And the 'Hawks aren't going to trade him for peanuts. They're probably serious, if this is indeed more than a rumor, but they're not going to take less than what he's worth for him. Of course, Kam being the player he is, that's quite a bit, and if they could pull a first round pick out of it, or say, two seconds, they might do it.

And that is the leverage they need to "compromise" and get Kam back to work.

I think its actually a tactical move by both parties.

Show some fake trade intrest. Kam comes in and claims, "I want more money, but I cant leave my teammates." Boom. PR success for both parties. Hawks could even throw a few mill in restructured guarantees his way as a "classy move". Everyone comes out looking pretty decent. No big bruises, no crazy feelings.

I deal with a lot of marketing, this is how I would do it. Probably wrong.