OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2mkvchi1 said:
Jville":2mkvchi1 said:
Hawkscanner":2mkvchi1 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/904133299974553601[/tweet]

For all you David Bass and Smith fans out there ...

And that is why Cassius Marsh, a hybrid, was traded. Clint Hurtt went with heavier, thicker and stronger.

That and the fact that Bass (for one) was just flat out more productive. It just seemed like whenever I happened to look up, he was always around the ball and making plays. I'm really excited about the prospect of Davis Bass on this roster.

It looks like quite the make over to me. Excited to see this new 2017 rotation evolve and develop. :2thumbs:

hawk45

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":23csopq6 said:
Except the problem isn't that they cut Williams, the problem is they didn't cut Darboh.

We are just wasting a roster spot, like we did last year.

Collins was an okay depth player when the rest of our tailbacks got hurt. Pope couldn't hack it in Indy, what's the argument that he would have been a difference-maker here?

If the FO that has done so much right this offseason wastes a roster spot, so what? It's still just speculation that Darboh is a waste of a spot in any case.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3j67q8wm said:
Seahwkgal":3j67q8wm said:
All these armchair GM's. :laugh:
Look, I thought Williams should have made the roster based on what I saw on TV. Hell, I am a Michigan homer and thought Darboh would be cut. I was fine with that, but honestly, I am not out there evaluating talent in practice-etc.
All I am going to say is that if you all think you know more than the F.O.-get a NFL Coach/GM or Scout job and then comeback and talk.
I will let the front office do their job and not lose any sleep over it. It's not worth the stress that some of you express. It really isn't. GoHawks!

You don't have to be a GM or front office employ to use your eyeballs and recognize when talent has been cut. Remember Michael Bennett?

I most certainly DO ... which is why when Michael Bennett was a Free Agent (before the Hawks ever signed him) I was like -- WHISTLE. Over here. Hey, look at this guy. Sign him baby! Like quick. He passed the eyeball test for sure.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Re: Kasen Williams v Amara Darboh

I loved what Kasen did this preseason. Not only down the sidelines, by made a nice play on a mid-level crossing pattern as well. He also made a tremendous play as a gunner on a punt return (or KO? I can't recall).

But he's had 3 years more or less in our system and still wasn't really better than a WR 4/5 on our squad.

My guess is that the upside provided by the future of Darboh was more important to keep than what we have in Kasen Williams.

I'm bummed, but I think we'll be ok. Our top4 targets are pretty f'ing stout, our OLine looks actually decent, our RB depth is improved, our DLine is improved...and all of these concepts fall on the shoulders of our coaching staff. I love and trust these guys...so I do with this decision as well.

It's a great time to be a 'Hawks fan!

jpetty38

Reaction score
Another telling thing, we traded a bunch why did we just cut Kasen and not try to trade him? Maybe no one else wanted him.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":ypzzabt1 said:
falcongoggles":ypzzabt1 said:
Seahwkgal":ypzzabt1 said:
All these armchair GM's. :laugh:
Look, I thought Williams should have made the roster based on what I saw on TV. Hell, I am a Michigan homer and thought Darboh would be cut. I was fine with that, but honestly, I am not out there evaluating talent in practice-etc.
All I am going to say is that if you all think you know more than the F.O.-get a NFL Coach/GM or Scout job and then comeback and talk.
I will let the front office do their job and not lose any sleep over it. It's not worth the stress that some of you express. It really isn't. GoHawks!

You don't have to be a GM or front office employ to use your eyeballs and recognize when talent has been cut. Remember Michael Bennett?

I most certainly DO ... which is why when Michael Bennett was a Free Agent (before the Hawks ever signed him) I was like -- WHISTLE. Over here. Hey, look at this guy. Sign him baby! Like quick. He passed the eyeball test for sure.

You are exactly the person I'm talking about. You do not work for the Seahawks, but you do a great job of recognizing talent and evaluating play. I value your opinion greatly.

LolaRox

Reaction score
this is interesting ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/904139733135106048[/tweet]

mikeak

Reaction score
Kasen and Desir "injured" yeah so that other teams won't look at them

Only two cuts that I don't like

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1wxkuszz said:
If Williams does nothing this regular season I sure bet no one acting all drama queen right now is going to come back and admit they overreacted, just like they didn't with The savior Pope.
Comparing two different players, playing two different roles?.....Using the term "Savior", and you be calling OTHERS "Drama Queens? LOLOL.
You don't know for certain that Kasen Williams would or wouldn't have crushed it in Regular Season games, but he DID everything well enough to have EARNED the chance......Always Compete?, Um Yeah......Okay.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Even more reason not to keep Darboh.

Honestly, he isn't going to produce much. Last year Collins was my target of invective and this year it will very likely be Darboh. But some of you are right, WRs don't generally produce in Year 1. Usually it takes Year 2 at least. Another reason not to bother with him.

We have Richardson on essentially a one year rental. Our defense is getting older and our OC is pretty much an expert at squandering opportunities. We need guys that can contribute NOW. A backup CB for depth fits that bill. And a WR that has spent a few years in our system fits that bill.

It won't help us that Darboh turns into a decent WR later (he won't). We have Richardson for 1 year, it has to be now.

Wasting a roster spot on a guy that won't do anything? They have a place for that....called the PS. Which is where Darboh belongs. Certainly not on the 53 by any measure.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
So Tim Russkell made mistakes ? No way , Yeah I was pissed about keeping Nick Reed over him
Thank god he's not our GM
They know way more than we do and hopefully Kasen will be there if we ever need him
I wish him well

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/904139993311977472[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/904140244164853760[/tweet]

Edited for announced corrections to above list .........

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/904146006689726467[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/904144294973390848[/tweet]

renofox

Reaction score
informational:

Teams are able to waive an injured player. Other teams can claim any player on the Waived/Injured list. If players clear their waivers, which most players do, their original team can either put them on the IR list or come to an injury settlement agreement and part ways.

Latest posts