" Road Trip" vs Saints ROLL CALL

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Be sure to pack lots of beads.

I just realized you'll also be celebrating Halloween in NOLA. That could get real freaky.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":299mx4r5 said:

I just realized you'll also be celebrating Halloween in NOLA. That could get real freaky.

Doubly so when Halloween is your birthday :)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
andyh64000":4pykolfw said:
Siouxhawk":4pykolfw said:

Yessss!!!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
andyh64000":lw8pfgz3 said:
Siouxhawk":lw8pfgz3 said:

I am greedy, gonna separate my Halloween and birthday up. I want 2 holidays. He he he :irishdrinkers:

pmedic920

Reaction score
IronSaint":3awgt5eb said:
pmedic920":3awgt5eb said:
For all you PNWs.
Don't let those mid 80s fool you.
It will feel hotter that you're used too.
Not saying it will be unbearable but it will be humid, if you over dress you will wish you hadn't.
I'd suspect may folks will be wearing shorts.

This. It's not the temperature you'll want to be concerned with... it's that 69%.

For example, using this heat index chart from weather.gov, 84°F at 69% humidity will feel around 93°F or so.

https://www.weather.gov/arx/heat_index

andyh64000":3awgt5eb said:
How chilly is it inside the Dome? Will outside clothes still be comfortable inside?

Not really chilly at all, especially after sweating your ***es off outside pre-game. It's in the neighborhood of around 70-75°F.

Yo Iron.

I'm in the Houston area.
Well aware of the weather over your way.
That's why I'm able to speak on such things.

:{)

Ps, you and yours gunna make the Benson Tower party ?

I'd bet they would let y'all do a swing through without paying the cost of admission.

Heard a "Rumor" that Blitz might be dropping in, would be a very cool photo opp for y'all.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ok, I am getting stoked finally about the trip down. Leaving tomorrow morning arriving at 3 in Loosiana.

grizbob

Reaction score
Would if I could but I can't. :cry: For all that are going "Laissez les bon temps rouler" :mrgreen:

45Hawker

Reaction score
For Hawk fans attending the game, make some time to check this out - right next to the superdome: Champions Square

It's a fun atmosphere. They sell food/beer there and have live music.

From their website:
Prior to each home game, Champions Square becomes the city’s best pregame party, so come show your passion for the Saints and wear your black and gold. The best part: It’s free, open to the public, and you’ll be huddling up with other real fans. Your Champions Square experience will include live entertainment, frosty drinks and tons of food. Champions Square is the perfect place to get your game face on, and it’s only a touchdown pass from the Saints locker room in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, so get loud while celebrating before kickoff.

pmedic920

Reaction score
45Hawker":18pb7s9q said:
For Hawk fans attending the game, make some time to check this out - right next to the superdome: Champions Square

From their website:
Prior to each home game, Champions Square becomes the city’s best pregame party, so come show your passion for the Saints and wear your black and gold. The best part: It’s free, open to the public, and you’ll be huddling up with other real fans. Your Champions Square experience will include live entertainment, frosty drinks and tons of food. Champions Square is the perfect place to get your game face on, and it’s only a touchdown pass from the Saints locker room in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, so get loud while celebrating before kickoff.

I'll be checking it out from the terrace right above them. I'll be surrounded by a couple hundred Seahawk fans.
I'll be listening to some good music, getting my "grub on" with some awesome Cajun style groceries, and of course drinking more ETOH than I should.

I'll see all those Saints Fans up close and personal, when I walk through them on my way to my seats.

Spend your pregame time as you see fit but it's my opinion that birds of a feather, SHOULD ..........:{)

In all seriousness, this would be a good option for folks that didn't make any pregame plans. Just be aware, that it will be mostly Saints fans in that area. it can be fun to be in that situation, my only recommendation would be, stay aware of your surroundings and mind your manners.

IronSaint

Reaction score
pmedic920":j8zqwbr0 said:
Yo Iron.

I'm in the Houston area.
Well aware of the weather over your way.
That's why I'm able to speak on such things.

Ps, you and yours gunna make the Benson Tower party ?

I'd bet they would let y'all do a swing through without paying the cost of admission.

Heard a "Rumor" that Blitz might be dropping in, would be a very cool photo opp for y'all.

Haha, I'm sure you are! I was just further elaborating for our visiting PNW friends. :2thumbs:

And ah, no telling really. If we don't get hung up that morning and don't arrive super late, we may perhaps swing by. But between him and I, we're both have CLS (chronic lateness syndrome) especially events occuring at or before noon. :oops: :lol:

Had this game been a 3 p.m. start time then hell yeah!

But that's pretty dope y'all mascot is probably going to make the trip. I think teams should bring their mascots with them to all road games. It'd make the sidelines even more fun during stoppages in play if both teams' mascots could choreograph random antics with each other. We're lucky because we have two on our sidelines, Gumbo and Sir Saint. :0190l:

grizbob":j8zqwbr0 said:
Would if I could but I can't. :cry: For all that are going "Laissez les bon temps rouler" :mrgreen:

:2thumbs:

45Hawker":j8zqwbr0 said:

From their website:

Also just a heads up for those that will be hitting up Champions Square, they have security at the entrances on each end and I believe they're just monitoring for prohibited items. They don't pat you down or metal detect you or anything, but if you're carrying a bag they know that's not in the NFL's bag rule, they may let you know that you won't be able to enter the stadium with it or they may not even let you into Champion Square with it (to save you a trip back to the car before having to go in for the game).

I'll drop this map here regarding bathrooms, ATM's, ect. for Champions Square as well.

Gamedaymap

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'll say this, I'm a relative new comer to these parts.
When I joined prior to the "13" season, there was a well established "road crew", this crew was made up of some awesome people. I got to meet many of them in Houston that year. HH82 and myself hosted a .Net tailgate party. We had a blast and I made some TRUE friends.
For various reasons THAT road crew has some what fallen by the wayside.
I doubt that there will ever be another quite like that one BUT there is no reason that we can't rebuild.

From the looks of this thread, there will be plenty of us at this game. It does appear that we will be scattered. That makes it difficult to do an "official" meet up. Personally, I think it would be a shame for so many of us to be so close to one another without being able to put faces with screen names.
I know that I'd like to meet as many of you as possible.
The best I can come up with is, a little gathering after the game. I'm sure a few of us will bump into one another Sat. eve or sun. morning but that's not quite the same as a "meet up"

I'll have a cooler or 2 of cold brews in my car, I'll be parked right close to the front door of the stadium. I'm in garage #1 as in the map I posted up thread. I'll be on level 3 and I'm driving a yellow Hummer. Easy enough to spot. Regardless if anybody shows up or not, I'll be in that spot for at least an hour after the game. Please stop by and say "Howdy".
As I said, my phone # is available to all, via PM.

If You happen to see the wife and I, she's blonde and shorter than I am, I'm the one with the mustache.
04c0fe099d55b7e456870354010ef1e9
51c55d8dfc0ce84cc6c931a22cdd2168
Game day, I'll be wearing a home #12 and sporting a Seahawks themed cowboy hat.
We are undefeated while I'm in attendance and wearing that hat.
There's a very good chance that I've pissed you off at some point, was never my intention.
If you feel the need to punch me on sight, I only ask that you don't do it in front of my daughter, she still thinks I'm a badass. Don't want to burst that bubble. :{)

For real, all are welcome to stop by my car for a beer after the game. Even our Saints Fan members.
PLEASE, if you happen to see/notice me, come up and introduce yourself.

GoHawks.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
I will assure you all that Saints fans are all welcoming to all other team's fans ... even most Failclowns fans, and will be more than willing to buy you all the drinks you want after y'all lose. Seriously, on the whole, probably the best fans in the league because the vast majority knows that a major impact on NOLA's success is tourism.

Bandg

pmedic920

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":16crhqz1 said:
I will assure you all that Saints fans are all welcoming to all other team's fans ... even most Failclowns fans, and will be more than willing to buy you all the drinks you want after y'all lose. Seriously, on the whole, probably the best fans in the league because the vast majority knows that a major impact on NOLA's success is tourism.

Bandg

I wound never expect problems from the Saints Fans.
I'll go out on a limb and say, any 12 that has trouble at this game, probably deserved it.

There's exceptions to every rule but I'd think one would have to go out of their way to find it in NOLA.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
pmedic920":3a42kvku said:
AsylumGuido":3a42kvku said:

Bandg

I wound never expect problems from the Saints Fans.
I'll go out on a limb and say, any 12 that has trouble at this game, probably deserved it.

There's exceptions to every rule but I'd think one would have to go out of their way to find it in NOLA.

Absolutely! And don't be afraid to wear your colors at the bars. A few years back I met some Lions fans that came out to Bourbon dressed as average fans. They quickly learned how well their fellow fans were treated in their colors.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Pmed, I will be there after the game. and we need to meet up Sat afternoon. I am now available after 330. I am meeting up with my friends for lunch and plan on a few hours of reminiscing. I expect to be in th qtr sometime there after.

On monday, I plan on taking a walk down to the Mississppfeaefafa river. It is not too far from the motel and I can take a nice leisurely stroll.

Setting up my DVD recorder now for our game and off to the land of crawdaddies tomorrow morning.

Enjoy Yall.

andyh64000

Reaction score
pmedic920":3fa1zthi said:
For real, all are welcome to stop by my car for a beer after the game. Even our Saints Fan members.

GoHawks.

Where will your car be?

pmedic920

Reaction score
andyh64000":2ye9qxdf said:
pmedic920":2ye9qxdf said:

GoHawks.

Where will your car be?

I'm in Garage #1 on this map.

My pass says level #3 but I've found that that doesn't matter many times.
I'll be driving a yellow Hummer, and I'll post what level I'm on, when I park.
Aa7087eddd06aa8aac0b968608aa65c1

pmedic920

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2mwjdagi said:

That's been part of the "beauty" in this trip all along.

I've never been to NOLA for Halloween but many people like it better than Mardi Gras.
From all I've heard, the atmosphere is certainly on par with Mardi Gras.
Should be plenty to see and do, especially for the more adventurous of folks.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
My sons and I will be there arriving tomorrow to stay with family for a few days. Not sure where we are sitting, as they got the tickets from local friends. Hope to meet up with some of you Sunday before the game

Latest posts