" Road Trip" vs Saints ROLL CALL

pmedic920

Reaction score
For prospective.....

Benson Tower is the red pin in this photo.
The Dome should be obvious, and Champions Square is labeled.

034c78fe0dab104569cfe445407d2bd7.png

Edit:
Actually the pin is slightly off.
Benson Tower is the building just to the left and below where the pin is.
4f98c4338595f94ec1286ce2e152f418.png

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bump.

Parking.

If you are driving to the game, you have options, cab,public trans, maybe Uber or Lift. Not sure what NOLA offers.

This I know.
StubHub only has 40 parking passes available. I'm sure that spaces will be available upon arrival but I'm anal, want things secured ahead of time.
I just bought a pass at the stadium, it wasn't cheap but I'll be close, and I hope secure.

Any way, if you want to pre-purchase parking, I wouldn't wait much longer.

tooshort

Reaction score
I was seriously looking at flying down for this one with my girl and pre-purchased voodoo music festival tix back in May.

Now we can't make it due to a summer of unemployment for her, anyone interested in voodoo music festival tix please PM me! :irishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":mwtuuoh0 said:
Bump.

Parking.

If you are driving to the game, you have options, cab,public trans, maybe Uber or Lift. Not sure what NOLA offers.

This I know.
StubHub only has 40 parking passes available. I'm sure that spaces will be available upon arrival but I'm anal, want things secured ahead of time.
I just bought a pass at the stadium, it wasn't cheap but I'll be close, and I hope secure.

Sent an email to him about getting into the pregame party. No response. Yet.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Any chance the game gets flexed to 1PM Pacific or Sunday night?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
andyh64000":11ckdfl3 said:
Any chance the game gets flexed to 1PM Pacific or Sunday night?

Naw. 12 day rule has passed by. Would have had to be changed yesterday.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Remember all that are going to the game from a northern climate, it looks like it is gonna be about 78-82f there with lows in the 60s. So of course bring parkas and 5-6 layers of clothes. .....But really, go prepared. I am preparing by going there on Friday, so I can acclimatize myself to the humidity. Which of course means I should be acclimatized by Tuesday when I leave. LOL By the way, it is 35F here with a hard freeze outside. No more tomatoes, but the squash should be ok for a few more days.

IronSaint

Reaction score
pmedic920":1d1mwbtu said:
Little over 3 weeks and counting.

Got excited and had to drink one of your locals, actually I'm workin' on 6 of them.

And yes, I'm kinda in the corner @ 107.
I like the corners when sitting that low, I think you get a better view of the plays evolving.

If you'll be at the game, hopefully you can swing by and say "hey".

Nice to see you're enjoying one of our local brews!

And very nice! Our Plaza Corner sections (Sections 107, 121, 137 and 149) are vastly underrated, especially when you're sitting that low like that; I've sat in the front row in 149 and 121 and both were dope. I'll be at the game, but I'll be across the stadium in Section 144. It's in the same endzone, just across the field from you, haha. My current seats are actually in the middle of the 3rd row and directly behind the big blue replay booth, so I'm rather visible even across the stadium.

I live out of town so by the time we make our hour and a half drive, we typically make our walk to the stadium and head straight to our seats since it's just a hassle moving around the stadium wearing all this ****...

14469600_10153838101342109_2756248772991740039_n.jpg

:lol:

We can do a role call, and see if we can organize a .Net "meet up"

Hmm, pending my schedule, I may have to crash this .Net meet-up. :lol:

There was a question about what parking lot the 12th man tours party would be in.

I heard something about 5th story and thought that it was in a parking garage.
I emailed Jason and got this response.

This looks and sounds awesome.
Wife and I will be doing this for sure. Based on Dallas last year, I wouldn't miss it.

Benson Tower is in the center of this picture.

Party will be on the 5th floor. As stated in the email, the area for the party has both indoor & outdoor sections, both will have a bar, and the indoor area is large enough to accommodate all. Bad weather will not be an issue while at this party.

The terrace over looks the Saints fans tailgate area.

Really? Pretty dope indeed, I didn't know they rented out spaces like that. I'm not sure what floor, but our local FOX8 affiliate that's owned by Benson is housed there and that's where they shoot most of if not all the news broadcasts from.

Champions Square is this big open courtyard type place where a large contingent of fans of both teams will congregate before games. There's a stage in the corner and a live band will perform in the hours leading up to the game.

This is the view from the grand staircase that leads up to the Superdome. Benson Tower is on the far-left and based on the description you're providing, I'd guess that this terrace viewing area would be right above those Bud Light advertisements or the level above it.

An9q8506

This would be the approximate view from it or maybe a little lower, minus the chairs obviously. Champions Square holds seated concerts as well.

image.jpg

Does your purchase say what Dome garage you're in, pmedic? If so, I could help and let you know what would be the best route to them. It should either be Garage 1 (on the Poydras side, right next to Benson Tower), Garage 2 (on the Girod Street side and across the grand stair case from Garage 1), Garage 5 (on the Girod St. side and opposite side from Champions Square) or Garage 6 (on the Poydras St. side and opposite side from Champions Square).

IronSaint

Reaction score
drummerseahawkboy":2ev71z36 said:
Just by the looks of what I've been seeing on Twitter and various Facebook Seahawks pages Bourbon st will be taken over by us and I'm not even kidding. If your having problems finding any of this stuff let me know and I'll send you a link. I cannot wait to see you guys there

Have at it! The locals typically try to stay away from Bourbon. But a tip, maybe bring a gasmask because it can reek. :pukeface:

PlinytheCenter":2ev71z36 said:
Awesome...I will be there. Staying at the Old No.77 Hotel and Chandlery. This is most definitely a bucket list trip for me. I'm staying for 5 days. First vacation in 3 years.

Congrats on the long overdue vacation! And don't be shy on spending lots of money! With the lull in the oilfield, our economy can use all the tourism dollars it can get. ;)

Seahawkfan80":2ev71z36 said:
Remember all that are going to the game from a northern climate, it looks like it is gonna be about 78-82f there with lows in the 60s. So of course bring parkas and 5-6 layers of clothes. .....But really, go prepared. I am preparing by going there on Friday, so I can acclimatize myself to the humidity. Which of course means I should be acclimatized by Tuesday when I leave. LOL By the way, it is 35F here with a hard freeze outside. No more tomatoes, but the squash should be ok for a few more days.

Yes, it's likely going to be hot as balls. It was mid to high-80's this past Sunday, but it's nice and cool in the Dome thankfully. :irishdrinkers:

One of y'all bring a cold front on down with ya! :lol:

pmedic920

Reaction score
IronSaint":bv7vudqd said:
pmedic920":bv7vudqd said:
Little over 3 weeks and counting.

Got excited and had to drink one of your locals, actually I'm workin' on 6 of them.

And yes, I'm kinda in the corner @ 107.
I like the corners when sitting that low, I think you get a better view of the plays evolving.

If you'll be at the game, hopefully you can swing by and say "hey".

Nice to see you're enjoying one of our local brews!

And very nice! Our Plaza Corner sections (Sections 107, 121, 137 and 149) are vastly underrated, especially when you're sitting that low like that; I've sat in the front row in 149 and 121 and both were dope. I'll be at the game, but I'll be across the stadium in Section 144. It's in the same endzone, just across the field from you, haha. My current seats are actually in the middle of the 3rd row and directly behind the big blue replay booth, so I'm rather visible even across the stadium.

I live out of town so by the time we make our hour and a half drive, we typically make our walk to the stadium and head straight to our seats since it's just a hassle moving around the stadium wearing all this ****...

14469600_10153838101342109_2756248772991740039_n.jpg

:lol:

We can do a role call, and see if we can organize a .Net "meet up"

Hmm, pending my schedule, I may have to crash this .Net meet-up. :lol:

There was a question about what parking lot the 12th man tours party would be in.

I heard something about 5th story and thought that it was in a parking garage.
I emailed Jason and got this response.

This looks and sounds awesome.
Wife and I will be doing this for sure. Based on Dallas last year, I wouldn't miss it.

Benson Tower is in the center of this picture.

Party will be on the 5th floor. As stated in the email, the area for the party has both indoor & outdoor sections, both will have a bar, and the indoor area is large enough to accommodate all. Bad weather will not be an issue while at this party.

The terrace over looks the Saints fans tailgate area.

Really? Pretty dope indeed, I didn't know they rented out spaces like that. I'm not sure what floor, but our local FOX8 affiliate that's owned by Benson is housed there and that's where they shoot most of if not all the news broadcasts from.

Champions Square is this big open courtyard type place where a large contingent of fans of both teams will congregate before games. There's a stage in the corner and a live band will perform in the hours leading up to the game.

This is the view from the grand staircase that leads up to the Superdome. Benson Tower is on the far-left and based on the description you're providing, I'd guess that this terrace viewing area would be right above those Bud Light advertisements or the level above it.

An9q8506

This would be the approximate view from it or maybe a little lower, minus the chairs obviously. Champions Square holds seated concerts as well.

image.jpg

Does your purchase say what Dome garage you're in, pmedic? If so, I could help and let you know what would be the best route to them. It should either be Garage 1 (on the Poydras side, right next to Benson Tower), Garage 2 (on the Girod Street side and across the grand stair case from Garage 1), Garage 5 (on the Girod St. side and opposite side from Champions Square) or Garage 6 (on the Poydras St. side and opposite side from Champions Square).

I've purchased two parking passes, one is for my daughter and BF, it's over by the Hyatt.
Mine is between Benson and the Dome (#1 iirc).

As far as any .net meet up goes, you can't crash it, because you're a .netter, all will be welcome.

Edit: I'm in lot #1 in this photo. Benson Tower is across the street to the right in photo.
de1c6fba14318a4c6d02839c5f1df659.png

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Before I do anything, I want to know something. I have a few half racks of Bud Light with the seahawks logo on them. I purchased them yesterday at a local place near me. Does anyone going to New orleans want one of them cans? I asked and the only stipulation for transporting on the airplane was They go in CHecked baggage. So I would plan on taking only one 12 pack. But wanna know if anyone wants a souvenier? Let me know so I can oblige.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3blpepic said:
Before I do anything, I want to know something. I have a few half racks of Bud Light with the seahawks logo on them. I purchased them yesterday at a local place near me. Does anyone going to New orleans want one of them cans? I asked and the only stipulation for transporting on the airplane was They go in CHecked baggage. So I would plan on taking only one 12 pack. But wanna know if anyone wants a souvenier? Let me know so I can oblige.

Duh, they aren't available down here unless you buy 36 can mixed pack.

Two please.

Something tells me you already knew :{)

andyh64000

Reaction score
pmedic920":1pevkz6e said:
Heads up.

12th man Tours is hosting the "big" tailgate. They are the same group that did it in Dallas last season. Top notch/first class.

It's been taken off the website in order to not over sell but tickets are still available.
Here's the menu, and I think it's about $60 per person.
2e6eace1d035ce351d3703601cafebdb.png

Based on the thing in Dallas, I won't hesitate to do this deal.
As always, I'll have a few beers in my vehicle but there is zero guarantee that I'll be able to park close to this party. I'll try but.....

Any way, if you are interested in this 1st class tailgate party, email this guy with your questions.

[email protected]

DISCLAIMER:
Myself nor Seahawks.net is affiliated with 12thmantours. If you go this route you are on your own.

Having said that, every function that I've ever attend through them has been top notch and gone off without a hitch that I'm aware off.
Always been a good value.

I signed up for this...the unlimited mimosas convinced my wife :).

floreshawk02

Reaction score
I see you guys have plans already wanted to share an alternate gathering for those who can't make it to the 12th man
tour party.

All Seahawk fans are welcome.

Come early for Keg Tapping ceremony and come enjoy some grub. Of course we are not in competition with
any other function. Just wanted to share with anyone who is close to French Quarter on there way to Champion
Square.

Go SEAHAWKS.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 856
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 856
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 856

andyh64000

Reaction score
floreshawk02":gqqes0u3 said:
I see you guys have plans already wanted to share an alternate gathering for those who can't make it to the 12th man
tour party.

All Seahawk fans are welcome.

Come early for Keg Tapping ceremony and come enjoy some grub. Of course we are not in competition with
any other function. Just wanted to share with anyone who is close to French Quarter on there way to Champion
Square.

Go SEAHAWKS.

I tried to join the midwest Seahawkers Facebook page but have been pending for about a month. Please post any other Saturday or post game Sunday activities.

floreshawk02

Reaction score
Sorry about that the Facebook issue. We had a family tragedy with member so things went unmanned and the event too forever to finalize. We just finalized the party for Saturday. Is it ok to post here or on board.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I tried to contact the contact on the post above. No word either phone or email. Not sure what I wanna do. But I could go for the bar scene. I kinda like them and that is not too far.

pmedic920

Reaction score
floreshawk02":3ivjsoov said:
Sorry about that the Facebook issue. We had a family tragedy with member so things went unmanned and the event too forever to finalize. We just finalized the party for Saturday. Is it ok to post here or on board.

It's ok.

Didn't I send you a Pm?

This thread is THEE place for all NOLA road trip related info.

IronSaint

Reaction score
pmedic920":1tpntf6s said:
I've purchased two parking passes, one is for my daughter and BF, it's over by the Hyatt.
Mine is between Benson and the Dome (#1 iirc).

As far as any .net meet up goes, you can't crash it, because you're a .netter, all will be welcome.

Edit: I'm in lot #1 in this photo. Benson Tower is across the street to the right in photo.
de1c6fba14318a4c6d02839c5f1df659.png

Ah, alrighty. I'm not too familiar where the Hyatt's garages are, but I do know there's a garage on Girod Street right off Loyola, but I'm not sure if it's connected to the Hyatt or not. I believe before Katrina, the garage was mainly for the mall that used to occupy the area that is now Champions Square. After the storm, the mall never re-opened, after we won the Super Bowl they decided to build an entertainment venue in it's place and they Hyatt may've bought the garage.

For Garage 1, I sent you a PM on possible routes to get into the garage. Our garages (especially 1 and 6) are rather goofy to get into since you have to get onto Sugar Bowl Drive first.

For those that are driving to the game, I'll drop these ingress and egress maps of the traffic flow here for your consumption. They may or may not be helpful depending on where you're parking.

Garage20120Parking20Ingress zps1aqamais

Garage20120Parking20Egress zpsvt6caory

If you'd like the print them out and bring with you, here's a PDF file from the Superdome's website where you can do so.

http://www.mbsuperdome.com/assets/doc/g ... c0715d.pdf