Rigged for us (and GB)

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
I think the Rams could complain about the officiating today. We were bailed out multiple times

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Super exciting and wonderful game. But I can't lie. This was was rigged in our favor. It was steered our direction by a league desperate to get GB in.

Why you may ask? Because they want Detroit to be demoralized going into the game. To have to watch their season end in heartbreaking fashion will leave Detroit totally demoralized tonight.

It was all part of the plan. This is why GB was scheduled for Sunday night. We got screwed beyond all screwed. All the other games with playoff implications were played at same time.

Roger compromised the integrity of the game for TV revenue and to get GB in.

But let me say this. Even though it's not real, it's still thrilling entertainment. Everyone knows the wwe is fake and millions watch anyway. This can be fantastic entertainment which is why we watch. But it is steered.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Detroit is going to be demoralized. It will be over quick.

m0ng0

Reaction score
If the first Myers kick was rigged why wouldn't they rig the second one also?

OP
OP
W

Welshers

If the first Myers kick was rigged why wouldn't they rig the second one also?
I dont think the kick was rigged. They wanted Seattle to win. Which is why DK didn't get a penalty and Ramsey got a cheap one. Meyers just screwed up the leagues plan by missing so they helped us with the intentional grounding no call. The league wanted Seattle in a close game as to further demoralize Detroit

Rainger

Reaction score
The game was not rigged, the refs made non calls both ways no call not called was game altering.

Did Seattle benefit from some non calls YES.
Did the Rams benefit from some non calls? YES.

Did the rams get a 4th down extended on a non holding ? yes
Did Seattle not have to kick 15 yards back already in their own zone on 4th anyways Yes.

Please show me ONE GAME CHANGING call.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Super exciting and wonderful game. But I can't lie. This was was rigged in our favor. It was steered our direction by a league desperate to get GB in.

Why you may ask? Because they want Detroit to be demoralized going into the game. To have to watch their season end in heartbreaking fashion will leave Detroit totally demoralized tonight.

It was all part of the plan. This is why GB was scheduled for Sunday night. We got screwed beyond all screwed. All the other games with playoff implications were played at same time.

But let me say this. Even though it's not real, it's still thrilling entertainment. Everyone knows the wwe is fake and millions watch anyway. This can be fantastic entertainment which is why we watch. But it is steered.
Wait, what about all the anti-Seahawk steering that people were talking about all game. Until it was clearly not being steered later in the game. Love the contortionism going on.

James in PA

Reaction score
Detroit wasn't winning, either way. We did get crucial calls in our favor, no doubt. This tells me that assuring Erin and the Packers get in the playoffs was more important to the NFL than a SNF regular season finale with a little more juice to it.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Wait, what about all the anti-Seahawk steering that people were talking about all game. Until it was clearly not being steered later in the game. Love the contortionism going on.
Go read my posts I for one never said they were steering against the Seahawks. I wasn't sure who the league wanted in this one. If Seattle lost the green bay Detroit game would be more dramatic and possibly pull in more viewers. But it became clear that the league wants GB in the playoffs no matter what. That's what's best for revenue.

The best way to make that happen was to steer it in our favor. Detroit having to go play minutes after watching us end their season in a heartbreaking manner is a clear advantage for GB. So while the league helped us win today, they also don't want us in the playoffs. Entertainment companies like this are incredibly complex and the intricacies run deep (see the 1st pick debacle from earlier)

hawker84

Reaction score

Dude just stop. You sound like a whiner fan with the conspiracy theories...

suppaball

Reaction score
Or Detroit has no clue yet? If I was Dan Campbell I would make it a rule this week, no score watching before the game.
Or they are pissed and want to end GB season?
Or they want a winning record? Or Alpha male pride? Or the joy of ending GB season?
Remember these are hyper competitive alpha males.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Wait a sec, I thought it was supposed to be rigged against us so that whoever wins tonight would make the playoffs?
See my response to someone else above. I wasn't sure which whey they'd go. In the end they decided the best economical decision was to get GB in no matter what. The game tonight still has huge implications so it will still get huge views even tho Detroit is out. But this way it helps GB.

Dude just stop. You sound like a whiner fan with the conspiracy theories...
You guys all cry when I say the refs screwed the Seahawks but when I admit they help us you still cry. It's ok we deserved some good calls after all the bs this year but it probably won't matter as lions are demoralized

hawker84

Reaction score
See my response to someone else above. I wasn't sure which whey they'd go. In the end they decided the best economical decision was to get GB in no matter what. The game tonight still has huge implications so it will still get huge views even tho Detroit is out. But this way it helps GB.

Leave the ref bitching and conspiracy BS to the whiner fanbase. We're better than that...

You guys all cry when I say the refs screwed the Seahawks but when I admit they help us you still cry. It's ok we deserved some good calls after all the bs this year but it probably won't matter as lions are demoralized

Weadoption

Reaction score
if OP is going to troll, I mean at least attempt to make it less obvious with some rational thought, it’s just boring otherwise.
The lizard people control the league, isn’t that funny?
it’s not.

Chapow

Reaction score

Wait a sec, why would it matter if the Lions are demoralized since it's rigged in the Packers favor anyway?

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Wait a sec, why would it matter if the Lions are demoralized since it's rigged in the Packers favor anyway?
Rigged is the wrong word. My mistake. I think the players are out there trying to win. When I say rigged I mean steered. Sometimes the NFL tries to steer it and it doesn't work out because it's too big of a blow out .

Pack will get all the calls tonight but they also benefit from demoralized lions. NFL doing everything they can to steer here

Chapow

Reaction score
Rigged is the wrong word. My mistake. I think the players are out there trying to win. When I say rigged I mean steered. Sometimes the NFL tries to steer it and it doesn't work out because it's too big of a blow out .

Pack will get all the calls tonight but they also benefit from demoralized lions. NFL doing everything they can to steer here

Why would the Lions all of sudden be terribly demoralized? They've know the situation all along, and had to assume it was pretty likely that we were going to beat a bad, injury riddled Rams team at home. It's not like the outcome of our game came out of left field or was unexpected.

Last edited: