Ricardo Lockette - Has He Ever Said A Peep Since...

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2mbrxvme said:
Eh.. that play had so many different layers, blaming one person for it just seems wrong.

- Pete should have never asked for a pass play
- Bevell should have never called THAT pass play, if you're going to throw.. still use Lynch as your #1 threat.. run a PA bootleg
- Russell should have thrown it a bit more on target
- Lockette should have fought for it better
- Kearse should have ran a cleaner route to make the pick more effective and prevent Butler from making a break on the slant route

That's 5 layers to one call. The call stunk, the execution stunk, the result stunk.
+1 great post

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":36jl78o2 said:
Eh.. that play had so many different layers, blaming one person for it just seems wrong.

- Pete should have never asked for a pass play
- Bevell should have never called THAT pass play, if you're going to throw.. still use Lynch as your #1 threat.. run a PA bootleg
- Russell should have thrown it a bit more on target
- Lockette should have fought for it better
- Kearse should have ran a cleaner route to make the pick more effective and prevent Butler from making a break on the slant route

That's 5 layers to one call. The call stunk, the execution stunk, the result stunk.

F) all of the above!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1ecbgzmm said:
Popeyejones":1ecbgzmm said:
FWIW Lockette is probably the last person I'd blame for that INT. A great defensive play is a great defensive play. I don't think there is a receiver in the league who makes that catch on that play with that defense and that ball placement.

I can name one . . .

13sea

Maybe.. maybe not..

I really hope Bevell comes up with better plays utilizing Graham than swapping him out for Lockette on an inside slant from the 1.

Again, the only pass play that should have been called in that scenario was a play-action play where Russell could scramble and keep it, throw it to a tight end, or throw it 10 rows into the stands. The call Bevell dialed up played exactly into the Patriots strengths and it was even more laughable considering he picked the side of one Brandon Browner, who is arguably one of the best press corners in football.... and he did this with a FOURTH string WR.

I won't even dive into the obvious that the ball should have been given to Lynch because I will forever believe the Patriots were praying we'd score to give Brady one last shot at getting into FG range. But it was like Bevell was like "alright Pete wants a pass so lets use the absolute worst pass play I have in the playbook!"

So. So. So bad. But again, from Pete all the way down to Kearse and Lockette it was horribly executed and doomed from the start.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I will forever hate Bevell for that call. He was pulling the same crap early in the season until Carroll publicly apologized and said they would use lynch more, at which point they started winning games.

Lynch had just run for 8-9 yards, through contact. Hand him that ball and it's game over.

I HATE YOU, BEVELL.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1kkrydbi said:
Again, the only pass play that should have been called in that scenario was a play-action play where Russell could scramble and keep it, throw it to a tight end, or throw it 10 rows into the stands. The call Bevell dialed up played exactly into the Patriots strengths and it was even more laughable considering he picked the side of one Brandon Browner, who is arguably one of the best press corners in football.... and he did this with a FOURTH string WR.

I'm one of the rare few who thinks that a pass play at that down and distance with the time that was left and one timeout was good situational football, but boy oh boy are you right about the pass actually called, and what would have been a better pass play to call.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3drjzx24 said:
DJrmb":3drjzx24 said:
Siouxhawk":3drjzx24 said:
Sports Hernia":3drjzx24 said:
Show me the link as to what Bevell said please.

Lockette "could have been stronger through the ball," Bevell pointed out to reporters multiple times.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ell-lockette-could-have-been-stronger-to-ball
"Lockette could have been stronger through the ball," is your definition of throwing one under the bus? That's pretty lame if you think that.

How when he could have simply said something else, like Owned up to the play call? like saying it was the wrong playcall I should have done this. Instead he immediately deflected attention to lockette and tried to avoid it. At this point I wouldn't and don't mind if lynch flips the bird to bevell each play.

enhanced-buzz-31617-1382114580-29.jpg
Which proves my point ... the Lynch flipping bird thing has never proven it was about Bevell. Your post is typical of the jumping-on-the-bandwagon kind of society we now live in where one person makes up something and then through social media you just follow along like sheep and the whole thing perpetuates into what people believe as the truth. If you know Marshawn, there's 1,000 things that could have led up to that.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":24ju6ucm said:
Sports Hernia":24ju6ucm said:
Richardo is still probably still crawling out from under the bus his idiot OC threw him under.

^^ THIS.
It was disgusting and un-Seahawk-like, in the Pete Carroll era, to throw a teammate (player) under the bus. Bevell was simply disgusting, clueless, and testicle-free in doing that. Grow a pair, Bevell, to make up for the ones you didn't have, when you should have take responsibility for the worst, most lame-brained call in sports history for the scenario and the matchups on the field. Designing a play where Kearse has to pick Browner for the play to work. Not using Wilson's strengths, and in fact calling on a weakness in his game. Just wrong on so many levels.

Wilson is far more to blame than Lockette. The blame hierarchy goes Bevell-Wilson-Kearse-Lockette. At least Carroll had the balls to claim responsibility for it and take the heat, probably the guy least responsible.

Lockette had no idea Butler was there, until impact. Lockette was only worried about catching the ball, and then slipping under a linebacker or two into the end zone. Russell put the ball in an absolutely horrible place, leading directly to the pick.
Disgusting? Dude, go follow synchronized swimming if you think a coach saying a player needed to break to the ball a bit harder is disgusting.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ckpvcug said:
DJrmb":2ckpvcug said:
Siouxhawk":2ckpvcug said:
Sports Hernia":2ckpvcug said:
Richardo is still probably still crawling out from under the bus his idiot OC threw him under.

Lockette "could have been stronger through the ball," Bevell pointed out to reporters multiple times.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ell-lockette-could-have-been-stronger-to-ball
"Lockette could have been stronger through the ball," is your definition of throwing one under the bus? That's pretty lame if you think that.

I made no comment either way, I was just providing the link that was being referred to in regards to Lockette and Bevell that you asked for.

If you drew you're own assumptions based on someone you don't know anything about, "that's pretty lame" and "is exactly what's wrong with society now days"... :141847_bnono:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":27yneq6i said:
DJrmb":27yneq6i said:
Siouxhawk":27yneq6i said:
Sports Hernia":27yneq6i said:

I made no comment either way, I was just providing the link that was being referred to in regards to Lockette and Bevell that you asked for.

If you drew you're own assumptions based on someone you don't know anything about, "that's pretty lame" and "is exactly what's wrong with society now days"... :141847_bnono:
Thanks for providing the link DJ. Didn't mean to target you, moreso the observationists prior to your providing the link.

Exittium

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1qm412ht said:
Which proves my point ... the Lynch flipping bird thing has never proven it was about Bevell. Your post is typical of the jumping-on-the-bandwagon kind of society we now live in where one person makes up something and then through social media you just follow along like sheep and the whole thing perpetuates into what people believe as the truth. If you know Marshawn, there's 1,000 things that could have led up to that.

My picture of lynch was simply used as a reference to the fact we should have used our strength not weaknesses. Also the picture is a good reference to how many possible TD we've given up through out the season because of.. DING DING Bevell getting cute with play calling. And how many fans probably feel this way about Bevell at this point.

Ps I enjoyed how for just long enough my post was attacked but then shifted to me being a sheep. Interesting so which am I ? A sheep or bandwagon fan? Judging by post history you have an incredible habit of calling other fans, none fans in some form. Especially if if don't agree or they.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Exittium":p4m22d1u said:
Siouxhawk":p4m22d1u said:

My picture of lynch was simply used as a reference to the fact we should have used our strength not weaknesses. Also the picture is a good reference to how many possible TD we've given up through out the season because of.. DING DING Bevell getting cute with play calling. And how many fans probably feel this way about Bevell at this point.

Ps I enjoyed how for just long enough my post was attacked but then shifted to me being a sheep. Interesting so which am I ? A sheep or bandwagon fan? Judging by post history you have an incredible habit of calling other fans, none fans in some form. Especially if if don't agree or they.

The term sheep is used for someone who doesn't take the effort to substantiate facts before passing them on for truth, but instead takes the easy route and just rehashes the falsities as if they were quantifiable facts. You could substitute lemmings if you prefer. And as I stated, the photo of Marshawn flipping the bird could be attributed to a myriad of possibilities, but because some wiseacre with a keyboard put 2 and 2 together and decided the non-verbal gesture was directed at Bevell, the childhood game of "operator" was set in motion and a message was perpetuated, whether it had any merit or not.

NINEster

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1l8yzow0 said:
Hasselbeck":1l8yzow0 said:

I'm one of the rare few who thinks that a pass play at that down and distance with the time that was left and one timeout was good situational football, but boy oh boy are you right about the pass actually called, and what would have been a better pass play to call.

Agree.

Clock running and only one timeout left. Why were 2 timeouts wasted on this drive?

Ok, so you RUN with Lynch.........what do you do if he does NOT score? And handing off with the personnel they had on the field (and New England in goal line D), there probably wasn't a sureshot rushing TD on that play.

Now you have 3rd and goal and you gotta either kill that last timeout or hurry up and try to run another play fast.

Had the Seahawks had just *1* more time out they probably win this game. They call timeout after getting the ball to the 1 yard line, and then call at least 3 power run plays to get it done.

So between the botched timeouts and the miraculous catch by Kearse, the Hawks had a lot of fortune to even be in the situation they were in.

A slant was pretty risky, esp. the type of pick play slant they've used before. Some kind of fade where a worst case scenario is an incomplete pass most likely or some kind of roll out where again the interception risk is low would have been better calls I think.

3rd and goal with 20 seconds left and 1 timeout, and you can definitely run 1 or 2 power plays for the win.

The seahawks needed a clock stoppage in the worst way.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":7dgvn7qx said:
olyfan63":7dgvn7qx said:
Sports Hernia":7dgvn7qx said:

^^ THIS.
It was disgusting and un-Seahawk-like, in the Pete Carroll era, to throw a teammate (player) under the bus. Bevell was simply disgusting, clueless, and testicle-free in doing that. Grow a pair, Bevell, to make up for the ones you didn't have, when you should have take responsibility for the worst, most lame-brained call in sports history for the scenario and the matchups on the field. Designing a play where Kearse has to pick Browner for the play to work. Not using Wilson's strengths, and in fact calling on a weakness in his game. Just wrong on so many levels.

Wilson is far more to blame than Lockette. The blame hierarchy goes Bevell-Wilson-Kearse-Lockette. At least Carroll had the balls to claim responsibility for it and take the heat, probably the guy least responsible.

Lockette had no idea Butler was there, until impact. Lockette was only worried about catching the ball, and then slipping under a linebacker or two into the end zone. Russell put the ball in an absolutely horrible place, leading directly to the pick.
Disgusting? Dude, go follow synchronized swimming if you think a coach saying a player needed to break to the ball a bit harder is disgusting.

It's disgusting because it showed Bevell is all about blaming others for his own failures.

Dude, if synchronized swimming is YOUR thing, more power to you.
I'm sure they have boards where you can make lame, weak posts to troll other synchro swimming enthusiasts.

Obviously you don't get how a Pete Carroll team is run differently from business as usual, and you're a business as usual kind of guy. Go worship at the coaching altar of Mike Singletary, where throwing players under the bus WAS an everyday occurrence. WAS, because Singletary's players bailed on him and his 9er teams sucked.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
olyfan63":2rzfu6x3 said:
Siouxhawk":2rzfu6x3 said:
olyfan63":2rzfu6x3 said:
Sports Hernia":2rzfu6x3 said:

^^ THIS.

It's disgusting because it showed Bevell is all about blaming others for his own failures.

Dude, if synchronized swimming is YOUR thing, more power to you.
I'm sure they have boards where you can make lame, weak posts to troll other synchro swimming enthusiasts.

Obviously you don't get how a Pete Carroll team is run differently from business as usual, and you're a business as usual kind of guy. Go worship at the coaching altar of Mike Singletary, where throwing players under the bus WAS an everyday occurrence. WAS, because Singletary's players bailed on him and his 9er teams sucked.

Bevell acknowledged that Carroll spoke to him about how to better conduct himself after losses. A real coach takes full responsibility, and puts it all on himself, rather than on his players.

While Bevell was publicly criticizing Lockette, Carroll was essentially taking the fall for what was, in all likelihood, Bevell's play call. I say that because Bevell said it was his play call in that same interview.

“We could have done a better job of staying strong through the ball,” Bevell said, referring to Lockette’s effort on the catch, “but the kid from New England made a great play. … (Wilson) did it exactly right, exactly right.”

"Well, you know, I’m calling the plays and I make the calls,” Bevell said. “Coach Carroll could tell me to do something different. But we communicated, we talk, but I make all of the play calls.

“Shoot, it didn’t turn out the way I hoped it would, so of course I’m going to sit here and say I could do something different. There’s 20 different things going through mind mind about what we could do. Obviously you could run it — doesn’t mean that you score on that play. But we were just making sure we were real conscious of the time, real conscious that we didn’t leave very much time for them, as well.”

Bevell overthought things in the red zone, as usual, trying to take time off the clock and preserve time . . . rather than call the play that would most likely result in an immediate score. If Lynch does not power the ball in on that play, then they should have called a timeout and then thrown the ball on the next play to stop the clock. If that doesn't work, then you try to run it in again on 4th down. For some reason, the most obvious way to score seems to evade Bevell, who is all about getting cute and trying to do the unexpected.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I just find it very amusing that there posters on here that think NFL coaches should offer up some kind of apology when things go awry like they did at the end of 49. News flash. They owe you nothing. They were trying to win the game and were foiled by a great defensive play

HansGruber

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":18em9gqk said:
I just find it very amusing that there posters on here that think NFL coaches should offer up some kind of apology when things go awry like they did at the end of 49. News flash. They owe you nothing. They were trying to win the game and were foiled by a great defensive play
I've never understood that argument that teams, players and coaches owe the fans nothing.

Really? So with all the billions fans spend watching the game, you really believe they owe us nothing in return?

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":2ah37s89 said:
Siouxhawk":2ah37s89 said:
I've never understood that argument that teams, players and coaches owe the fans nothing.

Really? So with all the billions fans spend watching the game, you really believe they owe us nothing in return?

Really think Lockette saying anything will make a difference in you or anyone else's life? People here wont discover inner peace hearing him go over what has been ran into the ground many times over by others. What I wonder is how many people here are hurt he hasn't said anything but are perfectly happy with Lynch not speaking to media types.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2lwfn2jd said:
Bevell acknowledged that Carroll spoke to him about how to better conduct himself after losses. A real coach takes full responsibility, and puts it all on himself, rather than on his players.

While Bevell was publicly criticizing Lockette, Carroll was essentially taking the fall for what was, in all likelihood, Bevell's play call. I say that because Bevell said it was his play call in that same interview.

“We could have done a better job of staying strong through the ball,” Bevell said, referring to Lockette’s effort on the catch, “but the kid from New England made a great play. … (Wilson) did it exactly right, exactly right.”

"Well, you know, I’m calling the plays and I make the calls,” Bevell said. “Coach Carroll could tell me to do something different. But we communicated, we talk, but I make all of the play calls.

“Shoot, it didn’t turn out the way I hoped it would, so of course I’m going to sit here and say I could do something different. There’s 20 different things going through mind mind about what we could do. Obviously you could run it — doesn’t mean that you score on that play. But we were just making sure we were real conscious of the time, real conscious that we didn’t leave very much time for them, as well.”

Bevell overthought things in the red zone, as usual, trying to take time off the clock and preserve time . . . rather than call the play that would most likely result in an immediate score. If Lynch does not power the ball in on that play, then they should have called a timeout and then thrown the ball on the next play to stop the clock. If that doesn't work, then you try to run it in again on 4th down. For some reason, the most obvious way to score seems to evade Bevell, who is all about getting cute and trying to do the unexpected.

HawkNation2015, thanks for the actual Bevell quotes.

I would swear I heard or read a couple other Bevell interviews where it came across as less diplomatic than that, but then media trollers (the professional ones) are going to caption it, "Bevell calls out Lockette for weak effort on Butler's pick".

The reason I found it *disgusting* at the time, was
1) It made Bevell appear clueless, arrogant, and finger-pointing, ignoring the log boom in his own eye while pointing out the speck in his brother's eye;
2) It was just not a Pete Carroll team coach type of thing to say, right, wrong, or indifferent;
3) When I watched the play over and over, I didn't see a lack of *effort* from Lockette, I saw a guy who had *no idea* Butler was coming, in other words, a mental/awareness issue, experience issue, not an *effort* issue. I saw a guy who was concentrating very hard to try to make the catch in the safest, most reliable way possible, and then duck under the would-be tacklers he DID see and know about.

Whatever your source about Carroll talking to Bevell about how to conduct himself better after a loss, I have no doubt that happened, but it would be a little surprising if Carroll mentioned it publicly. i could seem him saying something like "we as a coaching staff have had a conversation about how we want to talk about things after difficult losses".

One of the enjoyable things, for me, about rooting for the Seahawks is having an absolutely state-of-the-art coach like Carroll, and the classy way he conducts himself. Personally, I put Carroll in the same all-time coaching greats conversation as legends like John Wooden. When his other coaches deviate from that standard, as Bevell did, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

cacksman

Reaction score
Aros":1e0z81lz said:
Yeah I thought so. LAME. On so many levels. If I were PR, I would march his ass out there and tell him to take the knife. Yet Wilson and Carroll did instead. I get it, but that's lame on so many levels. If I am Lockette I would own up to my part for not reaching out and GRASPING that ball like it was your last act on earth and I would certainly own up for not doing everything in my power to win that game.

ADB catches that ball, pissed off as he should.

Instead? Silence. I think that's very lame. I don't blame Lockette for what went down by himself, but he certainly played a major roll in the lack of success on that play. And what gets my goat the most is that I have never once heard his side of the story or one time tell the 12's that he had a part in the destruction of that play.

This is terrible. You ought to be ashamed.