Ricardo Lockette - Has He Ever Said A Peep Since...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2mj89e6k said:
hawknation2015":2mj89e6k said:
Alligator arm it, LOL. Graham would have ran over Butler on that play.

In response to me saying he'd alligator arm and that he's most effective with his chest squared to the QB you respond with: a .gif of him with two steps before contact, a .gif of him with 20 steps before contact, a gif. of him with trailing coverage, a .gif of him running that doesn't even include the catch, and a last .gif that's another good example of how dominate he is when he can square up with the QB?

You're so weird, dude. :lol:

At least all the .gifs were of the right player this time. ;)

Are you saying Graham CANNOT catch the ball while he has contact in his face?

Typical, delusional 49er fan.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't see how hard he fights for the ball clearly doesn't understand football. He's one of the best players in the league, especially in the red zone. He is a flat out nightmare matchup for anyone he goes against. Especially now that he's a Hawk (one team that actually did well against him)

purpleneer

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3os7zqqe said:
hawknation2015":3os7zqqe said:
Alligator arm it, LOL. Graham would have ran over Butler on that play.

In response to me saying he'd alligator arm and that he's most effective with his chest squared to the QB you respond with: a .gif of him with two steps before contact, a .gif of him with 20 steps before contact, a gif. of him with trailing coverage, a .gif of him running that doesn't even include the catch, and a last .gif that's another good example of how dominate he is when he can square up with the QB?

You're so weird, dude. :lol:

At least all the .gifs were of the right player this time. ;)
Perfect response. None of those plays shows anything relevant to the play being discussed.

purpleneer

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3afu9nzf said:
Are you saying Graham CANNOT catch the ball while he has contact in his face?

Typical, delusional 49er fan.
LastMajorArcticfox.gif
Dude. That's also a terrible comparison and it's not even Jimmy.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Aros":2azrbfbr said:
Yeah I thought so. LAME. On so many levels. If I were PR, I would march his ass out there and tell him to take the knife. Yet Wilson and Carroll did instead. I get it, but that's lame on so many levels. If I am Lockette I would own up to my part for not reaching out and GRASPING that ball like it was your last act on earth and I would certainly own up for not doing everything in my power to win that game.

ADB catches that ball, pissed off as he should.

Instead? Silence. I think that's very lame. I don't blame Lockette for what went down by himself, but he certainly played a major roll in the lack of success on that play. And what gets my goat the most is that I have never once heard his side of the story or one time tell the 12's that he had a part in the destruction of that play.
Disagree wholeheartedly. And I like how you say "Wilson and Carroll did instead" as if they stepped in for the mainly responsible Lockette rather than each one having plenty of of own responsibility. Are you being sarcastic?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
purpleneer":bk4wzyqo said:
Dude. That's also a terrible comparison and it's not even Jimmy.

Sorry, I copy-pasted the wrong link. It happens . . . that does not change the valid point that Graham's size and experience in the red zone would have given him a much greater probability of completing that play than Lockettte had at the time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good old Bevell, getting cute again in the Red Zone. Yeah, let's call a pass to a 4th WR when we have the legs of Lynch and Wilson. :th2thumbs:

Graham would have attacked that pass like man, not some half effort like Lockette put out there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Richardo is still probably still crawling out from under the bus his idiot OC threw him under.

Exittium

Reaction score
I wouldn't say anything. After all, what would you do if you knew you were just given the chance to set a new milestone in Seahawks history, let alone NFL as the 1st team since the Pats to win back to back SB's and blew it. He probably dreams that crap more than any player involved. I wouldn't say anything, and I frankly don't put sole blame on him. I Blame those involved, from top to bottom. Bottom being the guys I really don't blame. PC and Bevell I do. Too many time's we've seen what could have been scores and TD's if we just used lynch or let Russ run turn into FG's. And now the dude has to live with it as one of the worst plays in SB history. And his name will be attached to it.

netskier

Reaction score
I think money players trump game theory-based play calling. Some players just get better under pressure, which is why they are stars, so I would give the ball to one of the stars, and just go for it. This means Marshawn or Wilson.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ab3ipj75 said:
Richardo is still probably still crawling out from under the bus his idiot OC threw him under.
Show me the link as to what Bevell said please.

DJrmb

Reaction score

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":1xa6vh1s said:
Siouxhawk":1xa6vh1s said:
Sports Hernia":1xa6vh1s said:

Lockette "could have been stronger through the ball," Bevell pointed out to reporters multiple times.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ell-lockette-could-have-been-stronger-to-ball
"Lockette could have been stronger through the ball," is your definition of throwing one under the bus? That's pretty lame if you think that.

Exittium

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":l9di5kgi said:
DJrmb":l9di5kgi said:
Siouxhawk":l9di5kgi said:
Sports Hernia":l9di5kgi said:

Lockette "could have been stronger through the ball," Bevell pointed out to reporters multiple times.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ell-lockette-could-have-been-stronger-to-ball
"Lockette could have been stronger through the ball," is your definition of throwing one under the bus? That's pretty lame if you think that.

How when he could have simply said something else, like Owned up to the play call? like saying it was the wrong playcall I should have done this. Instead he immediately deflected attention to lockette and tried to avoid it. At this point I wouldn't and don't mind if lynch flips the bird to bevell each play.

enhanced-buzz-31617-1382114580-29.jpg

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
If he caught it would it have been the wrong play call? I am so tired of hearing people who think they know better call out someone that know infinitely more about football than they do. People in the know (coaches and those who actually play the game say it was not a bad play call). Just a bad result. It sucks being on this side of things but it was a fantastic defensive effort. Yes Russ could have thrown a bit better and Locket could have shielded better but they didn't. At worst it should have been incomplete but it wasn't. They played it well and won. Go ahead and live your lives hating and blaming Bevell for something the other team did well.
Lockett does not need to answer anything. Like someone else in this thread said no matter what he says he is screwed so why open your mouth.

BTW is it a bad idea to have your fastest receiver run a straight line to the end zone? Who above him on the depth cahrt is faster? No one complained that Chris Mathews got the call right before the half. I guess we should not have thrown to him because he did not have enough experience.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4pgt9qke said:

^^ THIS.
It was disgusting and un-Seahawk-like, in the Pete Carroll era, to throw a teammate (player) under the bus. Bevell was simply disgusting, clueless, and testicle-free in doing that. Grow a pair, Bevell, to make up for the ones you didn't have, when you should have take responsibility for the worst, most lame-brained call in sports history for the scenario and the matchups on the field. Designing a play where Kearse has to pick Browner for the play to work. Not using Wilson's strengths, and in fact calling on a weakness in his game. Just wrong on so many levels.

Wilson is far more to blame than Lockette. The blame hierarchy goes Bevell-Wilson-Kearse-Lockette. At least Carroll had the balls to claim responsibility for it and take the heat, probably the guy least responsible.

Lockette had no idea Butler was there, until impact. Lockette was only worried about catching the ball, and then slipping under a linebacker or two into the end zone. Russell put the ball in an absolutely horrible place, leading directly to the pick.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1mlxrrff said:
DJrmb":1mlxrrff said:
Siouxhawk":1mlxrrff said:
Sports Hernia":1mlxrrff said:

NO different the Mora calling out a kicker.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawks46":29g8y5pl said:
hawknation2015":29g8y5pl said:
Popeyejones":29g8y5pl said:
FWIW Lockette is probably the last person I'd blame for that INT. A great defensive play is a great defensive play. I don't think there is a receiver in the league who makes that catch on that play with that defense and that ball placement.

I can name one . . .

13sea

Well, to be nit picky, that ball was thrown to his body, almost on the back shoulder. Right about on the top of the 8 in 80. Lockette's throw was out in front if him, giving Butler room to get to the ball. Ball placement could've been better, but I also have issue with the play call. Why call a play that takes perfect ball placement to succeed and hinge the success of a season on that ? I've been on record saying a PA bootleg pass by Wilson would've scored and taken time off of the clock. A throwback to Lynch has also been mentioned and it's been a deadly part of our arsenal before.

To be obvious, of course Graham would've fared better. He's 6'7" and 270 lbs. Butler couldn't have moved him like he moved Lockette. He also naturally shields the ball better. That's a completely unfair comparison to Lockette. Sure, let's castigate him because he's not better than the 1st or 2nd best red zone threat in the entire league. At this point, we're getting ridiculous.

To be completely Captain Obvious, of course Graham would've been a better option.....which is why the Seahawks went out and got him.

Absolutely, absolutely agreed w/ all this, although that doesn't change my original statement that with that defensive performance on that play call with that ball placement I don't think anyone catches that pass for a TD.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3j6drr72 said:
Absolutely, absolutely agreed w/ all this, although that doesn't change my original statement that with that defensive performance on that play call with that ball placement I don't think anyone catches that pass for a TD.

A bigger-bodied receiver than Lockette probably gets knocked away a little less by Butler and it becomes an incompletion instead of a game-ending pick. The receivers in that category would mostly be TEs. Or hell, put Tukuafu in at FB and then split him out.

So let's call Lockette out for only being 200-ish instead of 250 or 270.

Neither Wilson nor Lockette had any idea Butler was there. It was a mental failure on both parts, compounding a mental failure on Bevell's part.

Why didn't Bevell call out Kearse on not being "stronger to the pick" against Browner? Because it would have shown how ludicrous Bevell's play design was for that matchup, expecting 200-ish Kearse to push 240-ish Browner off the line. And of course Wilson then failed to read that matchup problem, and either audible out, or go somewhere else with the ball.

So it took about 7 mental and physical failures on that play by Seattle and about 5 outstanding mental and physical plays by NE (Browner and Butler) to give that result. +12 for NE on one play.

- Bevell, poor play concept, not using most dangerous weapons for that scenario
- Wilson, failing to see the matchup issue and audible out or go elsewhere with the ball (mental)
- Wilson, failing to see Butler lurking (physical--too short)
- Wilson, poor ball placement (mental)
- Kearse, failing to successfully push Browner into Butler's way (physical)
- Lockette, failing to be aware Butler was anywhere around (mental)
- Lockette, being too light to keep Butler from knocking him off the ball (physical)

+ Browner, reading what was coming (mental)
+ Browner, winning the LOS battle vs smaller receiver (physical)
+ Butler, also reading what was coming
+ Butler, breaking on the ball
+ Butler, making the pick

For Bevell to throw an inexperienced receiver like Lockette under the bus for not turning chicken poop into chicken salad, was simply disgusting. Thankfully, Wilson and Carroll showed much more class.