Revisiting the 2012 Seahawks Draft

Rat

Reaction score
So many mock drafts I saw that offseason were fans calling for their favorite team to take Russ in the fifth or sixth round. Glad we didn't wait much longer on that game of chicken. Seemed like a lot of the overall reaction to getting him wasn't as much as "wow, he's going to be terrible" as much as it was "wow, third round?". With all that has come out over the years with such and such team was taking him with their next pick, the league did a tremendous job hiding their like for him, at least to the general public anyway.

Ten years before Schneider became the Seahawks' GM, he spent the 2000 season as Seattle's director of player personnel. In need of a quarterback, the Seahawks' plan for the following offseason was to do one of three things: trade for Matt Hasselbeck (which they did), trade for Mark Brunell or draft Drew Brees, whom they were certain they could get.

I remember the big debate being whether to trade for Hasselbeck or sign Elvis Grbac. A lot people were disappointed when Grbac signed with the Ravens.

The Eagles' plan, per Reid, was to take Wilson and Nick Foles and let them compete, figuring they'd come away with at least one keeper. They had the 76th pick, one spot behind Seattle at 75.

I don't want to call Andy Reid a liar, but this feels unlikely. I can't think of any precedence for something like that.

Latest posts