Reuben Foster Suspended two games.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3nyk949d said:
Maulbert":3nyk949d said:
Guy gets cut for behaving stupidly and you two are busy with your Kyle Shanahan Admiration Society after a presser. No wonder the 49ers are 8-19 since they hired him.

Yes. Of course. the 8-19 record is entirely due to us liking the way he addressed Reuben Fosters release.

:shock:

See? We're 6-5 because of the way Pete Carroll addressed Richard Sherman's release. :p

ivotuk

Reaction score
chris98251":rydpng2x said:
That kind of makes sense, Williams had issues with a Girlfriend or Ex Wife also before he came to the Skins, Gibbs helped him get ion track and win a Super Bowl.

Doug is a pretty smart guy about this stuff, seen a story on him and Gibbs a while back.

If Foster is redeemable this is the guy to do it. The pay off is huge being so young for the Skins and it will cost them nothing really as far as any compensation.

I absolutely love and respect Doug Williams for what he went through, and what he was able to accomplish. I watched his Superbowl and those "frozen ropes" he was throwing were very gratifying to see.

And I admire Dexter "The Secretary of Defense" Manley for learning to read, and being public about not knowing how to read in order to give motivation to others like him.

One thing I don't like about all of this, is per Brock Huard, a lot of NFL teams took Foster off their boards because of "rumors" coming out of Alabama. Yet nobody questions Nick Saban. Just as long as he wins.

The other thing, people want to destroy someone's lives when they make mistakes, or commit crimes, even if it hurts the victim. Ray Rice made a mistake, and the Press crucified him. He was thrown out of football which effected his wife's life too. And people kept showing that damn video on TV which horrified her. That whole deal stigmatized her, but the Press didn't care.

The NFL needs to follow up on these people and try to get them help. Not for their sakes, but to try and prevent future incidents/victims. But it's so much easier to trash these people, which effects their families, then kick them to the side of the road because they aren't of value to the NFL, or the Press anymore.

What about Ray Lewis?

And then there's the worst of all, Ben Roethlisberger. I'm not going in to his transgressions, but I remember how horrifying the testimony of that poor girl was. But hey, he can throw a football. He gets 4 games, Mychael Kendricks gets double that.

mikeak

Reaction score
The problem is if the team doesn't cut him he counts against the roster. If they place him in some administrative leave pool then the player is pissed like Adrian Petterson was

So it is a really hard thing to keep him on a team / in the league and not create issues. Not saying that is the wrong thinking just that it is hard to execute.

Waiving him, waiver wire and then support network should be a minimum and I believe it is

With that said what four arrests in one year? This isn't about people wanting to destroy someone making a mistake. This is someone continuing to get into trouble and for the same thing over and over again. This is self-inflected and that ignores the whole issue of violating multiple team rules just having people over etc when on a work trip....

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wow...whole Reuben Foster thing taken another turn.

Accuser now says she lied before because she didn't want to ruin his career, but was never asked about previous incident where she lied about abuse and went to jail for it.

Says she saw Washington's signing him as a "slap in the face" and now accusing "some 49ers" of trying to tell police that she was the same person who falsely accused him the first time.

I don't know what happened, so I ain't gonna judge...

...but the line about "slap in the face" really bothered me. Its like her INTENT was to destroy his career and then got mad when a team picked him up an now she's on TV talking about it.

If Reuben is guilty he should go to jail. Don't pass go, don't collect $200. No place for that at all...

...but I'm really dubious of anything she has to say.

Is the truth that she really loved him and wanted to protect him?

...or is the truth she lost him and it pissed off and wants to ruin him?

Reuben has publicly been posting with and about his NEW girlfriend, so I got no idea. If anything, he needs to stay away from his accuser FOREVER. Even being in the hotel with his Ex was HORRIBLE judgement.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ypb3vbw said:
Wow...whole Reuben Foster thing taken another turn.

Accuser now says she lied before because she didn't want to ruin his career, but was never asked about previous incident where she lied about abuse and went to jail for it.

Says she saw Washington's signing him as a "slap in the face" and now accusing "some 49ers" of trying to tell police that she was the same person who falsely accused him the first time.

I don't know what happened, so I ain't gonna judge...

...but the line about "slap in the face" really bothered me. Its like her INTENT was to destroy his career and then got mad when a team picked him up an now she's on TV talking about it.

If Reuben is guilty he should go to jail. Don't pass go, don't collect $200. No place for that at all...

...but I'm really dubious of anything she has to say.

Is the truth that she really loved him and wanted to protect him?

...or is the truth she lost him and it pissed off and wants to ruin him?

Reuben has publicly been posting with and about his NEW girlfriend, so I got no idea. If anything, he needs to stay away from his accuser FOREVER. Even being in the hotel with his Ex was HORRIBLE judgement.
I'm pretty sure he did it at this point, but whether or not he did, I knew he was bound to screw up the second he started tweeting pictures of his new girlfriend. That is the most passive aggressive crap ever.