Reuben Foster Suspended two games.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2bq7snrb said:
Marvin49":2bq7snrb said:
Honestly, the whole thing is fishy to me.

I don't know if he's guilty or not, but at this point from strictly a football perspective, I don't care.

They had to let him go. Even if he didn't do it, how the hell is the same woman that falsely accused you in the freakin team hotel of an away game the night before the game? How are you even with her on her floor?

They got into a verbal altercation about a month ago in SC as well. STAY AWAY YOU MORON.

Even if he's never laid a hand on her, he is an idiot for putting himself in that position.

Richard Sherman I think said it best (and that's a sentence I never thought I'd utter).

“It’s what they had to do,” Sherman said. “I think the organization has handled the situation as best they could. Obviously been patient and deliberate and understanding of who Reuben is and what kind of heart he has.

“But it’s a really compromising situation for the team, repeatedly. So, you understand the decision the organization has to make, after repeated offenses.”
I agree with most of your post, but your first sentence bugs me.

What smells fishy?

You pretty much said the guy is an idiot that has trouble making good decisions, doesn’t it begin and end there?

Oh...

He's dating another woman now and posted pictures with her after he was released from jail. IE, it wasn't like he was with the accuser anymore. He's moved on. She even referred to him as her ex-boyfriend on the call to 911. Why was she even there?

He has posted stuff like "Some people you just can't help" on Twitter in the days before the encounter, and she was staying in the same hotel but outside the 49ers block of rooms.

Its hard for me to take her word for it. Women deserve to be believed, but this isn't cut and dry after what happened the last time and the fact that he's moved on to another woman. It's hard for me not to think there is a possibility she's screwing with his career again because she's jealous that he's moved on. That's not to say I think that's what's happening, but after the last fiasco I can't rule that out. I just dunno.

I don't know what really happened though and that's why I say its fishy.

Regardless though, in the best case scenario he put himself in the position for her to make a false claim and further damage himself and the team. At worst he's a woman beater.

Either way, they had to cut him. Right now, he's incapable of making good decisions and is a liability.

Now before anyone calls me a homer or something on this, Reuben Foster is not and will not ever be a 49er again. I could just say "screw Reuben Foster, he's a woman beater" and move on. It just doesn't all add up for me tho. If it does turns out that its all BS again, then he'll be able to try again, this time with another team and if he gets his life together with that new team, just stab me. LOL. That'll be hard to watch. That was my fear with Aldon but he proved he was just way too screwed up.

Point being, I'd have more invested AS A FAN that he's a total creep. Just seems off to me though.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":1kdlec30 said:
Sports Hernia":1kdlec30 said:
Marvin49":1kdlec30 said:

I don't know if he's guilty or not, but at this point from strictly a football perspective, I don't care.

They had to let him go. Even if he didn't do it, how the hell is the same woman that falsely accused you in the freakin team hotel of an away game the night before the game? How are you even with her on her floor?

They got into a verbal altercation about a month ago in SC as well. STAY AWAY YOU MORON.

Even if he's never laid a hand on her, he is an idiot for putting himself in that position.

Richard Sherman I think said it best (and that's a sentence I never thought I'd utter).

“It’s what they had to do,” Sherman said. “I think the organization has handled the situation as best they could. Obviously been patient and deliberate and understanding of who Reuben is and what kind of heart he has.

“But it’s a really compromising situation for the team, repeatedly. So, you understand the decision the organization has to make, after repeated offenses.”

What smells fishy?

You pretty much said the guy is an idiot that has trouble making good decisions, doesn’t it begin and end there?

Oh...

He's dating another woman now and posted pictures with her after he was released from jail. IE, it wasn't like he was with the accuser anymore. He's moved on. She even referred to him as her ex-boyfriend on the call to 911. Why was she even there?

He has posted stuff like "Some people you just can't help" on Twitter in the days before the encounter, and she was staying in the same hotel but outside the 49ers block of rooms.

Its hard for me to take her word for it. Women deserve to be believed, but this isn't cut and dry after what happened the last time and the fact that he's moved on to another woman. It's hard for me not to think there is a possibility she's screwing with his career again because she's jealous that he's moved on. That's not to say I think that's what's happening, but after the last fiasco I can't rule that out. I just dunno.

Regardless though, in the best case scenario he put himself in the position for her to make a false claim and further damage himself and the team. At worst he's a woman beater.

Either way, they had to cut him. Right now, he's incapable of making good decisions and is a liability.

Now before anyone calls me a homer or something on this, Reuben Foster is not and will not ever be a 49er again. I could just say "screw Reuben Foster, he's a woman beater" and move on. It just doesn't all add up for me tho. If it does turns out that its all BS again, then he'll be able to try again, this time with another team and if he gets his life together with that new team, just stab me. LOL. That'll be hard to watch. That was my fear with Aldon but he proved he was just way too screwed up.

Point being, I'd have more invested AS A FAN that he's a total creep. Just seems off to me though.

It takes 2 to tango, and if she just showed up at their hotel, no doubt he could have gotten help from the 49ers organization to deal with her if that were the case, and he didn't. That is all on him. Nothing fishy about it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2nemduzg said:
Sports Hernia":2nemduzg said:
Marvin49":2nemduzg said:

What smells fishy?

Oh...

Have you entertained the thought maybe he really did smack her around the first time and she recanted the story because she realized her sugar daddy - cash cow was no longer if he was arrested for DV???? It’s very possible right?
I’ve even seen that theory thrown around on your home forum.
Like you, I wasn’t there, so I don’t know.

It’s apparent though that these are 2 Crazy people that CRAVE each other’s insane drama. They deserve each other.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":7rwyoc9b said:
Marvin49":7rwyoc9b said:
Sports Hernia":7rwyoc9b said:
Marvin49":7rwyoc9b said:

What smells fishy?

Oh...

It takes 2 to tango, and if she just showed up at their hotel, no doubt he could have gotten help from the 49ers organization to deal with her if that were the case, and he didn't. That is all on him. Nothing fishy about it.

Like all teams they have blocked off FLOORS with security so only players and team personnel are allowed on those floors.
Foster was in HER room in another part of that hotel. If he just stays in his team appointed room this specific incident doesn’t happen. The old theory of what they say about crazy women is true, trust me... but that shouldn’t stop you from having a rational mindset when you know someone is trouble and can and will cost you your career.

chris98251

Reaction score
He stuck his hand in the fire not once but a few times with her and got burned, so she comes to the Hotel, they have security, block her calls, get a restraining order, have her arrested if she violates it. But do not engage her and most of all do not be on her premises alone.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":23fh5m70 said:
Marvin49":23fh5m70 said:
Sports Hernia":23fh5m70 said:
Marvin49":23fh5m70 said:

What smells fishy?

Oh...

Have you entertained the thought maybe he really did smack her around the first time and she recanted the story because she realized her sugar daddy - cash cow was no longer if he was arrested for DV???? It’s very possible right?
I’ve even seen that theory thrown around on your home forum.
Like you, I wasn’t there, so I don’t know.

It’s apparent though that these are 2 Crazy people that CRAVE each other’s insane drama. They deserve each other.

Of course.

I don't think that's what happened, but I don't know anything for sure. All I'm looking at is the set of events presented and seeing what makes sense to me.

Its not outside the realm of possibility he beat her the first time and its not outside the realm of possibility she's made ALL of this up both times. Those are of course the extremes and anything in between in possible.

I'm just looking at the way all involved who know something have behaved and the testimony of those who saw her right after the first incident.

IMO, I don't think he his her. I really no longer have a horse in this race, but that's my opinion.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2xh6m3yb said:
Maulbert":2xh6m3yb said:
Marvin49":2xh6m3yb said:
Sports Hernia":2xh6m3yb said:

What smells fishy?

Oh...

Like all teams they have blocked off FLOORS with security so only players and team personnel are allowed on those floors.
Foster was in HER room in another part of that hotel. If he just stays in his team appointed room this specific incident doesn’t happen. The old theory of what they say about crazy women is true, trust me... but that shouldn’t stop you from having a rational mindset when you know someone is trouble and can and will cost you your career.

...and that's my entire point. Its also the point Shanahan made rather eloquently yesterday with the media.

The team right now has no idea of his guilt or innocence. He wasn't released because he hit her. They don't know that he did.

He was released because they couldn't trust his decision making. He'd been warned and they'd attempted to help him as much as possible, but bad decisions have consequences.

Again, from football perspective it really sucks because the team is yet another big piece away now, but they couldn't just let him drag the team and his teammates down with immature decisions.

The below is a good watch..

https://www.49ers.com/video/kyle-shanah ... ben-foster

Popeyejones

Reaction score
...And if you don't want to watch, honestly I think the transcript of his presser yesterday is a really good read:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/1 ... situation/

Honestly, the 9ers suck, but that presser yesterday made me really proud to root for a team that has KS as its head coach.
He does so many small things in this presser really well, and it's really a breath of fresh air after the dearth of quality leadership the 9ers have had since (if TO is to be believed) maybe George Seifert?

As for Foster, 100% agreed with Marvin on this one. There's stuff about this that just totally doesn't add up, but they still had to cut him. Shanahan, Lynch, and York were all entirely on the same page about that too.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":zaqx83tm said:
...And if you don't want to watch, honestly I think the transcript of his presser yesterday is a really good read:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/1 ... situation/

Honestly, the 9ers suck, but that presser yesterday made me really proud to root for a team that has KS as its head coach.
He does so many small things in this presser really well, and it's really a breath of fresh air after the dearth of quality leadership the 9ers have had since (if TO is to be believed) maybe George Seifert?

As for Foster, 100% agreed with Marvin on this one. There's stuff about this that just totally doesn't add up, but they still had to cut him. Shanahan, Lynch, and York were all entirely on the same page about that too.

Ditto the bolded.

mikeak

Reaction score
CLAIMED ON WAIVER!!!!

I cannot believe any team touched him. I kind of hope it was the Rams just for the backlash this would be, but I hope they are to smart for this.

Not yet out who claimed him...….

chris98251

Reaction score
That kind of makes sense, Williams had issues with a Girlfriend or Ex Wife also before he came to the Skins, Gibbs helped him get ion track and win a Super Bowl.

Doug is a pretty smart guy about this stuff, seen a story on him and Gibbs a while back.

If Foster is redeemable this is the guy to do it. The pay off is huge being so young for the Skins and it will cost them nothing really as far as any compensation.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":1a9lgizv said:
Guy gets cut for behaving stupidly and you two are busy with your Kyle Shanahan Admiration Society after a presser. No wonder the 49ers are 8-19 since they hired him.

Yes. Of course. the 8-19 record is entirely due to us liking the way he addressed Reuben Fosters release.

:shock:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Pretty insane that he was claimed. Redskins are trash just like Foster.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Watch Foster won't be suspended for more than 4 games for this incident. It's a shame that Kendricks got a bigger suspension for a less violent infraction. But that's Roger's NFL.

knownone

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":12h1z47j said:
The fact that they gave one of the dumbest rationales to justify the signing makes them seem even more trashy. He won't "have the opportunity to wear the Burgundy and Gold" until after the legal process has taken place... then why the **** did you sign him off waivers, so you can have first dibs on him if for some reason he isn't found guilty?

jmahon316

Reaction score
knownone":2b0woy5e said:
Coug_Hawk08":2b0woy5e said:
The fact that they gave one of the dumbest rationales to justify the signing makes them seem even more trashy. He won't "have the opportunity to wear the Burgundy and Gold" until after the legal process has taken place... then why the **** did you sign him off waivers, so you can have first dibs on him if for some reason he isn't found guilty?

Yup. As much as it sucks sometimes, people keep forgetting that the NFL is a business first and this is strategy.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":35k3yijz said:

Child abuser at running back. Racist team name. Original owner fought against segregation in the sport. Garbage dump of a playing surface in their stadium.