Report - Incognito checks himself into psychiatric care

brimsalabim

Reaction score
A buddie of mine goes to Law school down in Davie Fla where the fish practice. He says the team and the people down there who actually know these guys are still mistified. According to them Richie is normally a beefed up but head... Like most other linemen in the league. He is falling apart now because he can't deal with all the blame.

There is also a conspiracy theory down there that Martin orchestrated this so that he could be released to play with Luck. Of course this same guy TD me the word down there was that Martin was "down low". I don't think that has turned out to be accurate.

cboom

Reaction score
Throwdown":2q0f8lw2 said:
lmaoooooo

The man clearly has some problems and is seeking help. And this is what you have to say? That is truly pathetic and says a lot about who you are.

cboom

Reaction score
kearly":23fe4xav said:
AbsolutNET":23fe4xav said:
Come on, now.

I'm curious to hear your opinion. Personally I think it is pretty well established that Incognito is a run of the mill type-A dickhead who lacks discipline, not a mentally ill person. Couch therapy isn't what he needs, what he needs is several weeks worth of swift kicks to the ass from a Marine drill sergeant. Incognito is the middle school bully who never grew up.

I'd be interested in hearing where you received your psychology degree qualifying you to make these assertions. I'm sure you wouldn't just be making statements about something you know nothing about.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1ywtc8as said:
Scottemojo":1ywtc8as said:
AbsolutNET":1ywtc8as said:
The compassion in this thread is overwhelming.
Are you shittin me Abs? THe guy had a suicidal "friend" last year and did squat to get the guy help. This week he gets all pissed off, takes a bat to his own Ferrari, and that's his wakeup call to the value of a good head doctor?

The man is reaping what he sowed.

Come on, now.

Sorry, I really can't think of a reason to feel sorry for him. I do want him to get help, but only because other people have to put up with his sorry ass.

Throwdown

Reaction score
cboom":1zat774h said:
Throwdown":1zat774h said:
lmaoooooo

The man clearly has some problems and is seeking help. And this is what you have to say? That is truly pathetic and says a lot about who you are.

I can't laugh at scum bag's life falling apart and he deserves it?

Largent80

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":16dq0cpz said:
"Russell Wilson is the worst QB the Seahawks have ever had, and I've been around long enough to see them all."

Back in your box.

This guy actually said that, and still shows his sorry azz up in here feeling sorry for this P.O.S. who has been booted off of every team he has been on.

Get outta here.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
My armchair opinion is that care for mental health illness in this country is not seen as a serious Need, as it should be, but this guy falls under the social illness category. He undoubtedly needs counciling, but my comment was nothing more than a bit of sarcasm. 'Psychological care' is probably misleading and dramatic for what he's seeking.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The guy is a mess I don't disagree; however its a good thing he is getting the assistance he needs.

I don't think his coach's are entirely blameless that this guy was IMO encouraged to be hyper aggressive.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't want to rush to judgment but I'm starting to think Incognito, despite the bitchin' name, is something of knucklehead. I could be wrong.

kearly

Reaction score
My opinion. Him seeking help is an obvious attempt at publicity repair. Normally people don't go to the shrink because they have a serious case of being an asshole. It's a lot like when some celebrity shouts the N-word in public, is caught on tape, and then suddenly seeks "counseling" or "sensitivity training" or something equally ridiculous to show how sorry he is. Michael Richards, Paula Deen, etc. Had they not been caught, and had their brand not suffered so greatly because of it, they would not seek "help."

Incognito may be an ass, but he's not yet old by OL standards and can still play at a high level for a few more years. After saying "the truth will bury Martin" and all the other vindictive shit he's done AFTER getting busted for bullying, as well as taking a bat to his car, it's too little, too late at this point for him to backtrack and apologize. He knows that for a team to sign him, he needs to put on the act of a person with a curable mental disorder, which IMO is bullshit. I just don't think seeing a shrink is what he needs. What he needs is character building, not some couch sessions.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I also think the fact of him taking a bat to his car was part of his "PR" plan.

It's not like he was going to fake a suicide attempt. He needed something that would get him in position to be "publically" ready for this new rehab thing that is so accepted for celebrities.

I think the car hitting took off some steam for sure, but was a planned PR move.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
At least Cboom made an appearence. Hey, you still convinced Russell Wilson is the worst you ever seen? Just curious.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
So Martin is recognized for his mental illness but Incognito isn't? IMO they're both screwed up in the head

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":w8andn6k said:
My armchair opinion is that care for mental health illness in this country is not seen as a serious Need, as it should be, but this guy falls under the social illness category. He undoubtedly needs counciling, but my comment was nothing more than a bit of sarcasm. 'Psychological care' is probably misleading and dramatic for what he's seeking.

You wan't find me disagreeing about mental health in America, the stigma attached to it is silly. I think one of the coolest things about Pete is that he has made it easily accessible for the players.

This feels more like the mostly meaningless alcohol counseling that follows a DUI. Free agency is coming up, so this guy has to address his issues publicly.

hawk45

Reaction score
Incognito's situation only hurts the cause of mental health being treated seriously. In such an obvious case of a guy just being a douchebag, being called on it, then retreating behind mental health to repair his image, if the shrinks came out and said "uh, we can't treat douchebag or act like it's a serious diagnosis", people would probably take them a helluva lot more seriously.

But attempting a serious conversation in hushed, Pam-Oliver-with-Jim-Harbaugh-NFCC-post-game-interview tones about Incognito just reinforces a roll-your-eyes view about mental health.

The diagnosis is immature and entitled bully. Folks with an ounce of common sense know that the bully getting pilloried in the press is the best medicine for his ass. Not getting some fig leaf of legitimacy through a mental health PR campaign. Legitimizing Incognito as having "issues" above and beyond idiocy just allows him to continue making excuses for his behavior forever.

Nothing, I repeat nothing, will ever make a dent in Incognito unless it involves a boot in his ass and tearing him down. Counseling will never accomplish that unless you can find a counselor professional enough to recommend effing boot camp for the guy, and even if that happened Incognito would just switch to someone more sympathetic.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Absolutely^.

If every asshole was committed for being an ass, we'd need Nike and a million Chinese kids to create 100 million hospital gowns, then erect a fence around the entire country.

We all know the Incognitos. I am guessing, but it's likely Richie was a squat, fat unpopular little dweeb from 3 - 13. Picture that fat little kid in the show Shameless. He was picked on and people smeared his chocolate bar on his face before knocking his ice cream to the ground.

Then, he started growing upwards and all that fat was looking better disbursed. Some coach said "hey lard ass ...come over here". Next thing you know RI is the man. He started as a freshman and found some respect. Then, he started taking all that prebube stuff out on the smaller kids. And here we are today. It's likely Incognito is bullying because he was bullied. For that, maybe a bit of therapy will help...but IMO, he's getting that now.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawk45 nails it.

I've spent time volunteering at a homeless shelter and I would estimate that somewhere between 25-50% of homeless people have mental illness issues. When people go crazy they often end up on the streets. I agree with Absolut that the way our country turns a blind eye and our society puts a stigma on real mental health issues is disgusting. On the other hand, most people that have nervous breakdowns do not have mental illness, and most of the biggest assholes are not clinically insane.

If Martin really is mentally ill, then he sure as hell lasted well hanging on for a year plus of intense abuse. If Incognito really is mentally ill... he isn't... but if he was would that excuse his behavior? Back in the day I had a bi-polar teammate on the OL and he was a hair-trigger, dangerous guy, but he would never dream of doing most of the things Incognito did. Incognito never really stuck me as unstable anyway, he's just a rube and a bully and it's as simple as that.

-The Glove-":1vykonpd said:
So Martin is recognized for his mental illness but Incognito isn't? IMO they're both screwed up in the head

Honestly, I don't think either one is. The medical foundation in America today is diagnosis-aggressive for bottom-line reasons and that has trickled down into society as well. Martin has been getting pushed around a long time, Incognito has been pushing guys around a long time. It looks that simple, at least to me.

Latest posts