Report: Harvin had Cortisone shot in hip over weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Espn reported that Harvin had "multiple" cortisone shots Saturday.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
plyka":2iqg4884 said:
beasthawk":2iqg4884 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/02/report-percy-harvin-had-cortisone-injection-in-hip-over-the-weekend/

We can now move on bad begin speculating ok whether he'll play @49ers now ;)

The unfortunate reality of the situation is --and I've been saying this the entire year --the Harvin purchase was a huge mistake, only overshadowed by the Rice purchase. The reason? I know Bevell had a huge say in both, because as the OC he felt comfortable with both players having coached them at Minnisota. That alone doesn't make it a mistake, but it is a bad sign. Not because I dislike Bevell, but because when you restrict your horizon to only things you personally feel comfortable in, you're making an error in judgement. People often invest in Starbucks because they work at Starbucks. Just because you work there and feel comfortable there, it doesn't make it a good investment. This is allowing emotions to butt in over reason/logic.

What is the problem with both these players? They are made from absolute glass. And I can see why. Both of them are incredible athletes (were in Rice's case), but the reason they are such athletes is due to their incredibly slight frame. I had a good friend in highschool who could literally jump out of the gym, so quick on the football field and on the court --you could just see his quickness by looking at his ankles which were literally 3 inches in diameter. Mine were like 10 inches. I didn't have the "quick titch" muscles, at least not to his extent, but then again I never got injured. This guy would get injured walking in the lunchroom --roll his ankle once he is out for a couple weeks, horsing around he would sprain his knee, etc. Percy is definitely the same except times 100. Just look at his skinny ass legs. You can just tell he has those skinny ankles. And forget about my random eye test of skinny ankles, look at his career thus far --he has been in the training room more time than on the field.

For however long Percy is here, expect him to be injured for most of the time. I was hoping he would come back late in teh season and struggle to not get injured through the playoffs. I thought 7 games, he could do it. But now I really don't think so. I expect them to put him on IR this year, he will probably play 5-6 games next year before another injury. It's the price he pays for his incredible athletic ability.

You're probably right, that sounds like a solid scientific prediction to me

Cartire

Reaction score
The Radish":3rk0h76x said:
Ok people, lets put a stop to the name calling. Next one gets this thread locked.

:roll:

Very tempting.... :twisted:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
volsunghawk":25pqu8bz said:
kmedic":25pqu8bz said:
A cortisone shot like this could start working right away, ie in a day or two, so depending on how well he reacts to it, it's theoretically possible he could play tonight.

But haven't you heard? Harvin is going to react poorly to the shot because he is a bad person and secretly hates the Seahawks. He's going to sit on the sideline and make faces at Hawks fans just out of spite. Then, he is going to convince Sherman and Thomas to sign elsewhere when their contracts are done. And then he's going to find your dog and kick it, which will result in an injury to his other hip, just for fun.

Best post I've seen on here in two weeks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
plyka":2rcidpeu said:
beasthawk":2rcidpeu said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/02/report-percy-harvin-had-cortisone-injection-in-hip-over-the-weekend/

We can now move on bad begin speculating ok whether he'll play @49ers now ;)

The unfortunate reality of the situation is --and I've been saying this the entire year --the Harvin purchase was a huge mistake, only overshadowed by the Rice purchase. The reason? I know Bevell had a huge say in both, because as the OC he felt comfortable with both players having coached them at Minnisota. That alone doesn't make it a mistake, but it is a bad sign. Not because I dislike Bevell, but because when you restrict your horizon to only things you personally feel comfortable in, you're making an error in judgement. People often invest in Starbucks because they work at Starbucks. Just because you work there and feel comfortable there, it doesn't make it a good investment. This is allowing emotions to butt in over reason/logic.

What is the problem with both these players? They are made from absolute glass. And I can see why. Both of them are incredible athletes (were in Rice's case), but the reason they are such athletes is due to their incredibly slight frame. I had a good friend in highschool who could literally jump out of the gym, so quick on the football field and on the court --you could just see his quickness by looking at his ankles which were literally 3 inches in diameter. Mine were like 10 inches. I didn't have the "quick titch" muscles, at least not to his extent, but then again I never got injured. This guy would get injured walking in the lunchroom --roll his ankle once he is out for a couple weeks, horsing around he would sprain his knee, etc. Percy is definitely the same except times 100. Just look at his skinny ass legs. You can just tell he has those skinny ankles. And forget about my random eye test of skinny ankles, look at his career thus far --he has been in the training room more time than on the field.

For however long Percy is here, expect him to be injured for most of the time. I was hoping he would come back late in teh season and struggle to not get injured through the playoffs. I thought 7 games, he could do it. But now I really don't think so. I expect them to put him on IR this year, he will probably play 5-6 games next year before another injury. It's the price he pays for his incredible athletic ability.

Ee9

I hope you stretched before you posted this. LOTS of reaching going on. :lol:

HawkWow

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2thq45vt said:
HawkWow":2thq45vt said:
I've had (literally) dozens of cortisone shots. I love 'em. My first, the doc said "it's going to hurt a bit for the next 24 hrs, but 3 or 4 days from now, you'll be back in the gym". By the time I got home (45 mins) the pain was totally gone and I was training the following day. Makes me think this may not be as bad as once feared. I could be wrong.

I don't doubt you but then the question becomes why does Percy still view himself as being "Out"?

Unsure. I've had mostly back, elbows and hands done (maybe more, can't recall), never had a hip shot. But when that time comes, I surely will.

BTW, these shots are not like good for you. I've traveled to different countries, where my med records were not accessible, to get several. I'm no doctor and don't mean for anyone to accept anything I am saying here as advice, or something that's right for them. I'm sure this insanity will ultimately cost me. Live fast, die young (and all that).

The Radish

Reaction score
When I was battling planter facittis in my left heel I had a cortisone shot in my left heel. It helped for about 4-5 days, that's it.

:les:

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Radish":393msxa6 said:
When I was battling planter facittis in my left heel I had a cortisone shot in my left heel. It helped for about 4-5 days, that's it.

:les:

I've noticed diminished returns on some of mine as well. Unsure if I am growing immune to them or if the meds themselves were counterfeit. I had a fight in Thailand (that I couldn't back out of). 2 nights before, a girl jumped from a bar onto my back for a little uninvited piggy back ride. In doing so, (I think) she aggravated a previous surgery (herniated disc L4/L5). I went to a very good hospital (Bumrungrad), got the shot and it worked, but for no more than a week. But unlike Harvin (J/K), I did honor my obligation and fought the bout.

Status
Not open for further replies.