RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2bmkt1ym said:
The fat jokes and the ridiculous assumption that the reporter from GB (the jilted suitor) is accurate are all part of nonsense reporting and the falacious logic of assuming the consequent.

Several here will need to eat their words if he shows up in shape and resumes being a load to bring down.

Meanwhile the fat jokes are getting tedious.

If PC is excited by this addition then so am I.

Attachments

• pp,550x550.jpg
    pp,550x550.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,177

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nash72":1pcfoimj said:
Uncle Si":1pcfoimj said:
nash72":1pcfoimj said:
bigskydoc":1pcfoimj said:
Lacy didn't cost us Lang. We have the money available to match or beat Detroit's offer with or without signing Lacy.

Which one is more important do you think?

Since one did not have to do with the other, what difference does it make?

Oline has nothing to do with how well a team runs the ball?

I think I missed your point.

I was talking purely contract and that signing one did not negate signing the other

I think that the FO are targeting Oline help and RB help. I don't think Jueckle and Lacy are the final additions to either group.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nash72":2fz0g8nk said:
Uncle Si":2fz0g8nk said:
nash72":2fz0g8nk said:
bigskydoc":2fz0g8nk said:
Lacy didn't cost us Lang. We have the money available to match or beat Detroit's offer with or without signing Lacy.

Since one did not have to do with the other, what difference does it make?

Oline has nothing to do with how well a team runs the ball?

I think I missed your point.

I was talking purely contract and that signing one did not negate signing the other

I think that the FO are targeting Oline help and RB help. I don't think Jueckle and Lacy are the final additions to either group.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
jammerhawk":18ts9m7t said:
Several here will need to eat their words if he shows up in shape and resumes being a load to bring down.

I really want him to prove myself and all the other doubters wrong. I think most people who are doubting him will agree with that statement as well. I WANT TO EAT CROW.

I think a lot of people, myself included, see his recent history with his weight as a reflection of his motivation/work ethic. It's a rarity that you hear about a skill player not being able to stay fit these days, especially in his early-mid 20's.

chris98251

Reaction score
When they start cutting guys in June I think we will see more movement, were being selective right now.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
nash72":33fyt543 said:
bigskydoc":33fyt543 said:

I would rather have picked up Lang, if that is what you are asking.

I wouldn't pay 11.35 million per year (total value of the two contracts divided over 3 years) for Lang if that is where you are going with this.

nash72

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1s5xbjqo said:
nash72":1s5xbjqo said:
bigskydoc":1s5xbjqo said:

I wouldn't pay 11.35 million per year (total value of the two contracts divided over 3 years) for Lang if that is where you are going with this.

No I meant I would have rather sweetened the pot for Lang to improve the line rather than signing Lacy at all. Throw another 2M towards Lang and still have money left.

Seymour

Reaction score
Lets face it guys. Lang played us like a fiddle. I no longer have an issue with Pete handing of Lang after the untold story came out. I wanted him priority 1, and was bothered we didn't go after him first (I still doubt Joeckel), but now I don't think it matters.
Right up to the twitter move and liking the Seahawks to grab attention and get Detroit to go all in on counter offer, we got used. Anything close, and he's a Lion.

I'll agree it's best to move on. Done and gone with Lang.

mikeak

Reaction score
nash72":292ro5wp said:
bigskydoc":292ro5wp said:
nash72":292ro5wp said:
bigskydoc":292ro5wp said:

No I meant I would have rather sweetened the pot for Lang to improve the line rather than signing Lacy at all. Throw another 2M towards Lang and still have money left.

1) You don't overpay a guy using money you have left. I mean with that philosophy we could start cutting players as long as we felt it was more important to have Lang. You offer what you are willing to pay for that position

2) Lang said in an interview that he gave GB and Detroit the opportunity to match. Then signed with Detroit. He may NOT have given Seattle the opportunity to match again. He may just have said that is about as much as I will make and if so even if Seattle matches or goes slightly higher than I go to Detroit.

mikeak

Reaction score
dbmack":dh5k8b28 said:
jake206":dh5k8b28 said:
Big backs have shorter life span in NFL. More pounding and wear on the knees. Also in zone read he has to reach the hole to make any cuts... slow and big is not going to be productive. Put him on Adkins or low carb or something. He's got to gain quickness like a lot of it.
It's Atkins not Adkins. No one else cares I'm sure, but as a follower of Atkins since 2003 it always irritates me to see it spelled wrong.

LOL I thought I was the only one :) - LCHF works amazingly well and is the version I follow

Seymour

Reaction score
nash72":ku0hndfv said:
bigskydoc":ku0hndfv said:
nash72":ku0hndfv said:
bigskydoc":ku0hndfv said:

Trust me, I wanted him bad. Problem with throwing $$ at him is it has a domino effect of the roster and cap. You start trying to sign guys like Britt, then all the sudden that +2M becomes 4,6,8M 3 players later.
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.
I absolutely do not care to watch crap football from a good team again, but this is a mistake (trusting in Cable and taking his tools) that 1 year may not fix IMO.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
New guys added to the mix will be Robert Myers, Luke Joekel, any draft picks made, undrafted rookies and free agents that come about as the result of training camp cuts. We will have good competition again.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":hzsp1esa said:
jammerhawk":hzsp1esa said:

I really want him to prove myself and all the other doubters wrong. I think most people who are doubting him will agree with that statement as well. I WANT TO EAT CROW.

I think a lot of people, myself included, see his recent history with his weight as a reflection of his motivation/work ethic. It's a rarity that you hear about a skill player not being able to stay fit these days, especially in his early-mid 20's.

Having doubts shouldn't really entail eating crow if one is wrong. If someone states they know for a fact that this is a bad signing and then are wrong..... eat crow.

"I don't think we are going to win at New England." Seattle wins. No crow eating.

"There is no way we win in New England." "Our game in N.E. is definitely a loss." Seattle wins. Eat crow and some other stuff. IMHO

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":364itay0 said:
nash72":364itay0 said:

Trust me, I wanted him bad. Problem with throwing $$ at him is it has a domino effect of the roster and cap. You start trying to sign guys like Britt, then all the sudden that +2M becomes 4,6,8M 3 players later.
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.
I absolutely do not care to watch crap football from a good team again, but this is a mistake (trusting in Cable and taking his tools) that 1 year may not fix IMO.

I'm guessing FO had a ceiling and stuck with it. Disappointed we didn't get Lang but respect and am thankful JS and PC set boundary lines and follow them. I personally can't argue with that.

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":3g5yoo0x said:
bigskydoc":3g5yoo0x said:
nash72":3g5yoo0x said:
bigskydoc":3g5yoo0x said:

But YOU are not general manager of the SEAHAWKS

bigskydoc

Reaction score
nash72":3l24yaj8 said:

The Lacy signing didn't prevent us from upping the offer by 2 million. My cap on Lang would have been in the 9.5-10 mil 3 year range with a fair amount of incentives. I think that's pretty close to what the Seahawks cap was, but they didn't get the chance to make a counter offer.

We were (willingly) played by Lang, and we made a fair offer. He chose to go elsewhere. He may go on to cement the Lion's line for another five years, or he may not last the season. Imagine if we broke the bank for him, didn't get Lacy, and he gets injured in pre-season and Lacy snags a ring with Belichick.

Just no way to know, so you assign a fair value and don't go over it.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I am already tired hearing about his weight. The off season just got longer :roll:

ptisme

Reaction score
When he's overweight he has ZERO Elusiveness and goes down on the first hit... Further he has multiple lower extremity injuries at that weight.... Otherwise, hell of a back.
Disclosure: I've watched every game he's ever played as a pro.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
ptisme":lsek7i08 said:
When he's overweight he has ZERO Elusiveness and goes down on the first hit... Further he has multiple lower extremity injuries at that weight.... Otherwise, hell of a back.
Disclosure: I've watched every game he's ever played as a pro.

Makes sense.

Hyak

Reaction score
Lacy is the classic low risk/high reward signing. If he is in shape, he's a beast and demands that Rawls be out of this world and healthy to be the bell cow. If Lacy shows up out of shape, he's likely done as an NFL RB of consequence.

One thing is clear, They want to get back to being a tough, physical team that imposes their will on the opponent. Add in that a good running game opens up play action, improves pass protection, and should help in the red zone. In addition, let's not underestimate the effect on helping the Seahawks defense. Playing that style limits possessions for the opponent and jacks up the defense from an intensity level.