RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

Josea16

Reaction score
LolaRox":2p03i905 said:
Does this look like 267?? It doesn't to me.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/842213464642748416

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/842213464642748416[/tweet]
He doesn't look much off 240 now. He will be fine 5 months from now. Green Bay never used him correctly anyway he's a big boy and you need to give it to a few times like they did with Lynch to make it pay off.

nash72

Reaction score
post-36877-agree-to-disagree-gif-Anchorma-kFLi.gif

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":dvhtik7q said:
Jimjones0384":dvhtik7q said:
I just saw a pic if Lacy signing his contract, the dude carries 267 well. If he loses 20 lbs, he will be in good shape.

That's because that reported 267 was ludicrous. And anyone who wants to believe a Wisconsin based journalist who had to phrase that "one of three of the teams" had Lacy at 267. Is just hearsay and click bait.

It could have been true like 2-3 months ago or the weight Lacy was at when he did his end of season physical mid-January, when Lacy was in the thick of his ankle rehab. 99% sure that unnamed team is most likely the Packers.

But photos and videos from 3-5 weeks ago on Lacy' s IG, and the ones coming out now shows a guy who is definately out of shape but looks closer to 250 than he does 270.

I just don't know how anyone can see that 267 number and just take it as immediate fact. Every report about it only sites McGinn' s tweet. Let's just believe what one guy says without waiting for any other source to vet the claim. It's the media world we live in now.

He looks even smaller in the video. Definitely close to 240s already. He will be muscular at the start of the year. This is the team of trainers that transformed Collins body type last year.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":2y0lkjq5 said:
I am already tired hearing about his weight. The off season just got longer :roll:

I agree. The weight for the start of the season is going to be excruciating.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Guy doesn't look like he's even topping 250 in the picture/video, should be in good condition by the up coming season.

:2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Foghawk":3oeqw3rb said:
Guy doesn't look like he's even topping 250 in the picture/video, should be in good condition by the up coming season.

Its a baggy shirt though....

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Just FYI in college at Alabama he was at about 231 and hes 5'11.

I had to go back and look at draft stuff about him because I thought he was the clear consensus #1 RB in the draft but remembered he fell a bit because of Injury concerns. I think we probably would of drafted him had the Packers not taken him right before us.

If he can be healthy and in shape this is a STEAL although unfor if he does well we have to sign him to another contract or just lose him. I dont think the packers utilized him to his full potential and it will be interesting to see how well he does here. He was the offensive rookie of the year and had over 2300 rushing yards his first 2 years and ALSO...77 catches almost 700 yards.

Even the last two years combined he has 1100 or so yards rushing 200ish yards receiving with only 250 rushes or so.....

lukerguy

Reaction score
The contract has weight incentives on a weekly basis, is a one year deal and he will be 27 next year in UFA.

Do you really think he's not going to be motivated? When healthy and fit, he's a top notch runner...I think PFF had him in the top 15 vicinity in terms of overall production. To get him for around 5MM a year is a nice contract.

Don't worry about the weight; it won't be an issue.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2rvtdect said:
Foghawk":2rvtdect said:

True, still not seeing 250 but could be wrong. His head looks like it could top out at 20 alone so............

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Foghawk":1pgyqvae said:
Uncle Si":1pgyqvae said:
Foghawk":1pgyqvae said:

True, still not seeing 250 but could be wrong. His head looks like it could top out at 20 alone so............

I should've hit the sarcasm on button, or a smiley.

Lacy looks in pretty good shape

TwilightError

Reaction score
The more I think of this signing the more I like it. I like it as much as Eddie Lacy likes deep fried dim sum.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
No way he's 267 in that pic. Dude looks pretty good to me. Pleasantly surprised by this. :0190l:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/842519968436707328[/tweet]

Cyrus12

Reaction score
dadof3":3pqp7ca6 said:
He looks thinner than Russell did last off season

hate to say it but true...think Russ looks even fatter this offseason from that pic in another thread...baby weight.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2fw9lhw0 said:
dadof3":2fw9lhw0 said:

hate to say it but true...think Russ looks even fatter this offseason from that pic in another thread...baby weight.

How is Russ carrying baby weight? I thought it was Ciara who's pregnant. Maybe Russ isn't human after all.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1gssm7sf said:
Cyrus12":1gssm7sf said:
dadof3":1gssm7sf said:

How is Russ carrying baby weight? I thought it was Ciara who's pregnant. Maybe Russ isn't human after all.

It's weird but that sympathy pain and weight gain etc can happen when your very close to the person.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Found these quotes from Eddie Lacy on Seahawks.com website -

They definitely fit the way I run,” Lacy said Wednesday after officially signing his contract with the Seahawks.

“I’ve always favored Marshawn Lynch’s running style, and that’s something Pete Carroll definitely likes. I’m going to come in and do my best impression of him and just bring my hard work and my hard running style to the table.”

Link to the full article - http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/0...-eddie-lacy-“i’m-very-motivated-prove-myself”