RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":26v4scfq said:
Uncle Si":26v4scfq said:
This is a tweet from 2011... with no context outside being hungry (which people can be, I'm told)

You've made your point. You think he could be a detriment if overweight. Anything relevant to that or do you want to show us his baby pictures as well.

Not just me, but the majority of observers of the game know this. There is no "fat joke", are you going to attempt to micro manage every post about his weight and past history?

Come on. Lacy and his weight is a well known discussion that is going to follow him here. His success depends on it, like it or not. It's in his dang contract!!

And you support that with a tweet of his from 2011 about being hungry? And then try and take the high road?

What specific point from that tweet were you trying to make? He's overweight? Been established. Are you going to attempt to batter that point in the thread?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
With those NLTB incentives, Lacy's contract is a 1 yr, 4.25m deal.

Spotrac list his cap hit at 3.562m.

In a post Lang free agency model inquiry I didn't get to publish because I lost my post when I got auto-logged out, I gave Murray a $3.75m deal.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":27zte4ou said:
Seymour":27zte4ou said:
Uncle Si":27zte4ou said:
This is a tweet from 2011... with no context outside being hungry (which people can be, I'm told)

You've made your point. You think he could be a detriment if overweight. Anything relevant to that or do you want to show us his baby pictures as well.

Not just me, but the majority of observers of the game know this. There is no "fat joke", are you going to attempt to micro manage every post about his weight and past history?

Come on. Lacy and his weight is a well known discussion that is going to follow him here. His success depends on it, like it or not. It's in his dang contract!!

And you support that with a tweet of his from 2011 about being hungry? And then try and take the high road?

What specific point from that tweet were you trying to make? He's overweight? Been established. Are you going to attempt to batter that point in the thread?

Read the entire post and click the link! I just posted one of MANY such tweets from the article that shows the history of his struggles.. It is on topic, and part of what we just signed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tweets about being hungry or liking food are indicative of his struggles? like 20 tweets over 4 years?

Seriously?

Im missing where he talks about his struggles with weight gain, or food addiction, or glandular issues, obesity, etc.

Instead, its a dude tweeting about being hungry.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":9kqgfhmt said:
Tweets about being hungry or liking food are indicative of his struggles?

Seriously?

Clearly you know nothing of addiction. Read them all, there is an abnormal pattern.

If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life (like losing millions of $$), and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction. Food is only different because it is a necessity. It can still be abused to the point of causing serious health issues and even death.
He has to admit the problem then commit to beating it. His career and quite possibly his health will depend on it. It's not something to hide and ignore, it's something to confront and conquer.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":36avdfr9 said:
Uncle Si":36avdfr9 said:

Seriously?

Clearly you know nothing of addiction. Read them all, there is an abnormal pattern.

If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life, and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction. Food is only different because it is a necessity. It can still be abused to the point of causing serious health issues and even death.
He has to admit the problem then commit to beating it. His career and quite possibly his health will depend on it. It's not something to hide and ignore, it's something to confront and conquer.

Clearly you're the expert....

27 tweets over 4 years is indicative of an addiction?

And an addiction that no one has ever mentioned he had?

Unbelievable.

The dude needs to get in shape and stay in shape. Period.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I don't know for certain what he weighs now. But anyone who saw Lacy carry the ball in the last two years can believe that his weight was probably closer to 267 pounds than 234.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":19jmuiqe said:
Seymour":19jmuiqe said:
Uncle Si":19jmuiqe said:

Seriously?

If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life, and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction. Food is only different because it is a necessity. It can still be abused to the point of causing serious health issues and even death.

Clearly you're the expert....

27 tweets over 4 years is indicative of an addiction?

And an addiction that no one has ever mentioned he had?

Unbelievable.

One last time.

If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life, and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction (like losing millions of $$ and a promising career over it!!)

RussB

Reaction score
Mick063":q7ckw9q5 said:
Hate the signing.

Discounting his weight issue for a moment, I have watched Lacey enough to know that he will never be anything more than a role player. There is no stardom there. There is nothing special about him and it is a disservice to mention him in the same breath as Marshawn Lynch.

The current running backs on the roster as well as several in the draft have a much higher ceiling.
What are you talking about? To call him a role player is just innacurate. When he was in shape he was one of the best backs in the nfl. I watched him play too, he is too strong and big to tackle by a singl defender and is pretty quick too with his cuts and has breakaway speed as well. Hes had some weight and injury issues and thats kind of caused his stock to fall but he is no role player he is an elite back.

nash72

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1k4jpva9 said:
Lacy didn't cost us Lang. We have the money available to match or beat Detroit's offer with or without signing Lacy.

Which one is more important do you think?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":3su2a6p8 said:
If something is causing a person serious difficulties in their life, and they continue to abuse it, they have an addiction (like losing millions of $$ and a promising career over it!!)

And, one last time, you have absolutely no idea that he is "abusing" food. You have no idea why he gains weight. All you have is 27 tweets about food over 4 years, a stipulation in his contract that he be in shape and an absurd and condescending assumption.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nash72":2ie1gmn4 said:
bigskydoc":2ie1gmn4 said:
Lacy didn't cost us Lang. We have the money available to match or beat Detroit's offer with or without signing Lacy.

Since one did not have to do with the other, what difference does it make?

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":r0hd4dy5 said:
Seymour":r0hd4dy5 said:

And, one last time, you have absolutely no idea that he is "abusing" food. You have no idea why he gains weight. All you have is 27 tweets about food over 4 years, a stipulation in his contract that he be in shape and an absurd and condescending assumption.

Enjoy.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawkfan68":b5l7ny77 said:
I've been listening to yesterday's John Clayton interview with Pete Carroll. The more I hear it, the clearer it becomes to me, that CJ Prosise was never to be a featured back or every down back here. Pete doesn't seem him as the guy that can carry the load is impression I get. Pete said the strategy is Lacy-Rawls being the 1-2 punch. This means that Collins and Pope are likely outside looking in.

Ya I told one of my friends today Lacy might not even be "the starter" . I wouldnt be shocked if Lacy and Rawls split carries

I think its a good signing

Its way better than AP at like 8+ million. AP is going to turn 32 soon, and Lacy is about to turn 27 so if he turns out ok we can have him here for a few more years

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I like the signing.

We have a good track record with running backs from Alabama, and power runners being cast away by the team that drafted them.

Really hoping he contributes a lot to this team, especially on short yardage situations and red zone opportunities that have haunted this team for years

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The fat jokes and the ridiculous assumption that the reporter from GB (the jilted suitor) is accurate are all part of nonsense reporting and the falacious logic of assuming the consequent.

Several here will need to eat their words if he shows up in shape and resumes being a load to bring down.

Meanwhile the fat jokes are getting tedious.

If PC is excited by this addition then so am I.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I like the idea of thunder and lightening, clearly Pete had success with this at USC with LenDale White and Reggie Bush. With the right duo it can be potent, the big issues are can Lacy and Rawls stay healthy all season.

Agree on Prosise, he is a situational back, but will add value as a pass receiver.

I still have hopes for AC. That he hasn't seen the field much is simply an indicator that Pete doesn't think he's ready . Some guys take a while to develop, but would not write him off just yet.

Seymour

Reaction score
If Pete handles this well (I suspect he will given his history and approach), finds him the proper support and regimen, then stays in close touch with progress, then uses positive re-enforcement, I think Lacy can do well here. It sounds like McCarthy handled this poorly, bashing him in public, demoting him, and sounds like not working with the root cause / issue much. That will often cause the person to either revolt, or withdraw and make matters worse.
I said from the beginning that I thought he was the best back of those we are looking at, but it still is an obvious risk because the person has to want to beat the problem really bad to be successful. They cannot be forced and ridiculed by their superiors into dealing with it as McCarthy appeared to do.

nash72

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3b2rx1oz said:
nash72":3b2rx1oz said:
bigskydoc":3b2rx1oz said:

Since one did not have to do with the other, what difference does it make?

Oline has nothing to do with how well a team runs the ball?