Rawls

capncrunch

Reaction score
Wenhawk":5qr93zif said:
Studerier than Turbine, and a harder worker than Michael turns out to be the right combo. I think he's a keeper.

This is excellent. I am not interested in comparing Rawls to Lynch but instead Rawls to Turbin and Michael. I like Turbo okay, but Rawls looks like and upgrade to me. Good find. Somebody else said "sweet Lou." I like it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Loved this kid in the preseason and think he has a real bright future on this team. Not sure he's an every down guy, but a great #2 change of pace back.

Basically he's what we always hoped to see from Turbin and Michael.

I'm going to go pray to the football gods that our RB tandem in 2017 is Leonard Fournette and Rawls. brb.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I loved seeing Rawls lower his head and send 2 cornerbacks flying. And he carries the ball in both hands!

StoneCold

Reaction score
chris98251":3allt7jq said:
That dropped pass I think was rookie inexperience and nerves, may have been peeking up field before he had it controlled, not that Lynch didn't have a bobble of his own that he did bring back in. As I said earlier, Rawls probably brings that in later in the game when he is playing with confidence and the initial nerves are settled down. Remember this was his first start and that pass was early in the home opener, a big deal for a guy that wasn't suppose to be here based on how we picked him up.

I hope you're right and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, though he did drop a similar pass in preseason. Hope it doesn't become a habit.

Was very happy for him as I have a soft spot for UDFA's.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ea1lwhj said:
Hawkstorian":2ea1lwhj said:
108 career yards -- now tied for 51st on Seahawks all-time list with Heath Evans.

Also, Russell Wilson 9th Seahawk in history with 2000 career rushing yards.
No wonder Heath is so pissed all of the time.

Yes I did not know he had so little yards. When you mention the Seahawks to him he acts like Dan Marino when you mention the Super Bowl to him.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Finally there is hope that there will be life after Marshawn! After devoting a lot of capitol (not just money mind you) in cultivating both Turbin and Michael, it now seems that we have a viable candidate. Every one of us has pondered how big of an impact it would be to this team’s identity on the day of Lynch's departure. I think we got a glimpse yesterday. Looks pretty good don't you think.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3hp6j5wx said:
Finally there is hope that there will be life after Marshawn! After devoting a lot of capitol (not just money mind you) in cultivating both Turbin and Michael, it now seems that we have a viable candidate. Every one of us has pondered how big of an impact it would be to this team’s identity on the day of Lynch's departure. I think we got a glimpse yesterday. Looks pretty good don't you think.
Yes, but let's not lose sight that it was against the Bears.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1l50no0d said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1l50no0d said:
Yes, but let's not lose sight that it was against the Bears.

I don't know, he showed flashes of this in Pre-season play as well. Regardless, it was great to see us getting our running game on track for the first time this season. That is definitely step 1.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The Hawks need to sit Lynch and let him heal. Age might be finally catching up.

chris98251

Reaction score
What I like is we use Lynch and Rawls with different sets, empty or no full back with Lynch more times then not and the I formation with Rawls, makes gameplanning more difficult having to study twio different stykles of offense and types of backs.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Rawls right now is better than Lynch. It was extremely evident yesterday. Not that i wanted Lynch to get injured but i even said to everyone in the room when he went out "Oh well, Rawls is runing much better today anyways". Low and behold he had a monster day. Im not saying Rawls will have a better career or anything like that. Simply stating if i had to choose a running back for next week im taking Rawls. Maybe Lynch is more hurt than he has let on but before the season started they were saying how great hes felt and how healthy he was. Well he hasnt looked good in any of the 3 games. Alot of that is on the line but he has to take some of the fault and he has looked a step slower.

bighawk

Reaction score
I am much more comfortable if Lynch needs more time to heal up because this guy runs angry. I love Lynch but this guy is hungry to prove that he belongs in this league. great pickup by the Seahawks.

Rob12

Reaction score
Rawls looks like a diamond in the rough type player at this point. Arian Foster went undrafted as well. I went back and watched each of his runs, and they were impressive. I don't see any hesitation in the way he runs, and he hits his holes quick. He's very shifty for his size, and the burst is definitely there. He flat out looked like a good legitimate NFL back last week, and he's only going to get better.

I think PC wasn't kidding when he said he really loved the way this kid runs the football.

But let's stop this talk about Rawls being better than Beast. That's just silly. Beast is a bit banged up, and I'm not at all against his workload being lessened if his body needs some time to heal, but saying a UDFA who had a great game against a terrible Bears team is better than the best running back is franchise history is way too reactionary.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Rawls can't do the things Beast can, and never will be able to. Marshawn's been the most consistent back in the NFL for five years. I'd bet Rawls doesn't manage 1 year as the best back in his career.

However, i've seen Lynch pussyfoot around blocks way too much this year and generally not trust his blocks/eyes (or maybe it's his speed/athleticism currently). Rawls hasn't got the ability nor patience to wait for openings but he's showed real zeal to anticipate and attack openings and be the hard-nosed downhill runner that this line needs right now. I dug Kearly's rather apt analogy when he said Rawls runs the ball like he's just robbed it.

I have reason to believe that had Rawls had more carries in that GB game then we might well have won it. That said, some matchups will favour him. I expect him to look solid in whatever snaps he has this week too, but the Bengals and Panthers will be much sterner tests in the following two weeks.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I don't subscribe to the idea that you can't run the ball without Marshawn. Lynch has been arm tackled, tripped up and beaten to the hole. He might be hurt, he might be in decline, he might be fine but up to now he hasn't looked like the Lynch of years prior.

If the offensive line can block, Rawls's running style might be a really good fit for the team. I think he'll be really productive if he can find a nice balance between having some more patience and still being decisive (find his spot and hit it hard).

El Caliente

Reaction score
So does Rawls start this week? I know the going sentiment is that if Lynch is hurt, Rawls will start, but how likely is it that Lynch will sit? I want to see more Rawls!