Rawls

Natethegreat

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":g6b0qk3l said:
You gotta give this kid some credit and here's why.

When Lynch couldn't hit any holes it was because of the O-line.

When Lynch get stuffed in the back behind the LOS it was because of the O-line.

Now he plays behind the same O-line and hits over 100 yards under 20 carries.

Lynch has been playing hurt and it shows. I have always wondered why Lynch was easily tackled in the backfield by one defender and it shows.
This, I'm hoping its Lynch not being in game shape yet but he isn't the same thats for sure.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm beyond happy that Rawls came in and finally we got the game where the backup comes in and gashes the opponents, ala Starks.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Agreed. Looks like we finally found our quality back up / eventual replacement. Still love to see Lynch have a banner year though, if not two.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'm very happy with Rawls. His running today was what we've seen all pre-season too. He carried the load and got 100+ yards in what was pretty much just over a half game.

sutz

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2zvd7dlf said:
I'm very happy with Rawls. His running today was what we've seen all pre-season too. He carried the load and got 100+ yards in what was pretty much just over a half game.
And people were saying to cut him and keep Turbs/Michael. :34853_doh:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1eogl0uy said:
drrew":1eogl0uy said:
Hawkstorian":1eogl0uy said:
TheRealDTM":1eogl0uy said:
He looks better than Lynch

Respectfully disagree.

He looked better than the 2015 version of Lynch.

My response does not change.

Rawls is not Lynch, lets not fool ourselves.

But how can you disagree that Rawls didnt look better?

Rawls ran for more yards in a half and change than Lynch did in 2 and half games.

You can respectfully disagree if you want......but based on what?

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I think ML sandbagged his injury a bit to get Rawls some carries. Good on him. Call me crazy.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Studerier than Turbine, and a harder worker than Michael turns out to be the right combo. I think he's a keeper.

Infamous425

Reaction score
sutz":thv4dv07 said:
Jazzhawk":thv4dv07 said:
And people were saying to cut him and keep Turbs/Michael. :34853_doh:

was gonna say the same thing... and also that other guy they cut people were crying to keep over rawls

Seafan

Reaction score
If Rawls had just hung onto that pass he would have had a near perfect game. He's quicker to the hole than ML right now but of course the sore calf has something to do with it. Too bad the offense couldn't have kicked it in a little earlier and Beast could have been spared the injury. Hopefully in the future the Hawks will have enough confidence in Rawls/Jackson to hold Lynch out if he's tight.

chris98251

Reaction score
That dropped pass I think was rookie inexperience and nerves, may have been peeking up field before he had it controlled, not that Lynch didn't have a bobble of his own that he did bring back in. As I said earlier, Rawls probably brings that in later in the game when he is playing with confidence and the initial nerves are settled down. Remember this was his first start and that pass was early in the home opener, a big deal for a guy that wasn't suppose to be here based on how we picked him up.

Smellyman

Reaction score
What happened when his helmet came off? No replay on tv, but seemed like there was at the stadium by the amount of boos. Bears give him the business in the pile?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":wwmjz2e9 said:
You gotta give this kid some credit and here's why.

When Lynch couldn't hit any holes it was because of the O-line.

When Lynch get stuffed in the back behind the LOS it was because of the O-line.

Now he plays behind the same O-line and hits over 100 yards under 20 carries.

Lynch has been playing hurt and it shows. I have always wondered why Lynch was easily tackled in the backfield by one defender and it shows.

Well to be fair, we open it up a little in the 2nd half

Yes, even Lynch gets more yards in the 2nd half, perhaps not this year since were playing catch up but his ave from the 1st half, 2 ypc and 2nd half is 5.8 ypc

SO with us being up, I don't think that is a fair comparison.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Smellyman":k24r626j said:
What happened when his helmet came off? No replay on tv, but seemed like there was at the stadium by the amount of boos. Bears give him the business in the pile?
His helmet was ripped off by a Bear with enough force that it flew a few yards, very surprised that it was not penalized.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought Fox did a good job of copying the Rams gameplan to a T. Don't send all your pass rushers, keep two on the edge with contain/spy Russ and pass rush play action. It made for a really ugly attack with Lynch, who was bing patient and not getting any creases for it.

Rawls was way too hungry to be patient, and it took advantage of the contain players having to keep an eye on Russ.