Rant Warning: Luck v. Wilson

gargantual

Reaction score
SupersonicSeahawkz":2frn7tcp said:
Please do not use the 2-14 Crap! Since 2002 the colts have had one year with a losing record. So that 2-14 year is what you call a fluke rather then the actual talent of the team.
This plus 1000%!!!!!!
I get soooo sick of hearing that crap. They made absolutely NO attempt to replace Curtis friggin Painter that year! They LITERALLY sucked for Luck that year, so they ARE not really a 2-14 team..... and therefore Luck didn't improve them as much as the party line says every time they have to trot out excuses for why Neckbeardboy isn't outplaying Wilson or any else for that matter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shock2k":35wdn5fc said:
Oh, but the argument is he's the comeback kid. Not really, if you have followed his career, he just really stinks in the first half of games. He comes back because he can't produce until the end of games when defenses are tired. (He Averages a 72 passer rating in the 2nd quarter this year)

Luck has eight 4th quarter comebacks, and 11 game winning drives............in basically two years.

Lemme ask you a question. Do you hate Luck because you think he takes attention away from Wilson? Because I don't feel like the Andrew Luck sucks hate goes on in other NFL cities, but for some reason we hate him more because our QB is compared to him the most.

Not sure, but I'd like to know. Because I've been watching football all my life, and Luck is a damn good QB, one of the best in the league............as is Wilson. So I'm confused as to why so many people on here disregard his talent.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vygtvrx said:
Shock2k":3vygtvrx said:
Oh, but the argument is he's the comeback kid. Not really, if you have followed his career, he just really stinks in the first half of games. He comes back because he can't produce until the end of games when defenses are tired. (He Averages a 72 passer rating in the 2nd quarter this year)

Luck has eight 4th quarter comebacks, and 11 game winning drives............in basically two years.

Lemme ask you a question. Do you hate Luck because you think he takes attention away from Wilson? Because I don't feel like the Andrew Luck sucks hate goes on in other NFL cities, but for some reason we hate him more because our QB is compared to him the most.

Not sure, but I'd like to know. Because I've been watching football all my life, and Luck is a damn good QB, one of the best in the league............as is Wilson. So I'm confused as to why so many people on here disregard his talent.

It's because the media fawns over him and almost by default set him among the elite, regardless of actual performance. Meanwhile, even when praising Wilson, they dismiss the concept of him being top tier due to other factors. An almost built in bias...that they can't get over the fact that he defied all the prognosticators. Yes, Luck is a great QB and his potential, as he gains experience, is extremely high. So the negative has less to do with the person and player and more to do with media's fixation.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's what I think. I think both teams should thank their lucky stars they have these amazingly gifted and young QB's leading their respective teams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lobohawk":84m3csyv said:
It's because the media fawns over him and almost by default set him among the elite, regardless of actual performance. Meanwhile, even when praising Wilson, they dismiss the concept of him being top tier due to other factors. An almost built in bias...that they can't get over the fact that he defied all the prognosticators. Yes, Luck is a great QB and his potential, as he gains experience, is extremely high. So the negative has less to do with the person and player and more to do with media's fixation.

I disagree. I think we as the put upon no one gives us respect inferiority complexed Hawk fans hyper focus on the negative, and ignore the positive.

I watched the NFL network all of 20 minutes this week, and ESPN talking head shows about an hour..........and all I heard was gushing over Wilson's effort on MNF, with at least half the hosts stating that Russell is indeed a top tier QB, and elite due to his special skill set.

Mick063

Reaction score
Luck will be a tier one quarterback for years to come.

I wouldn't swap Wilson for him. Just goes to show what I think of Wilson.

As a fan, I much prefer to watch the reincarnate of Fran Tarkenton doing what Fran never did. Win a championship.

I will draw an analogy.

I will debate that Glen Tipton and KK Downing are the greatest guitarists that ever lived. Someone else may claim that Joe Satriani and Jimi Hendrix are the greatest ever. Another will claim that Slash and Eddie Van Halen are the greatest ever. The point is, they are all great so it boils down to the style you prefer most.

I prefer Wilson's style the most but I can appreciate how good Luck is.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
IM_Mvp":37nzfku5 said:
Whatever happens, don't let Davis Hsu see this thread, he'll probably have an aneurysm because he probably thinks Luck is already the greatest QB of all time.

1. WTF at this drive-by? Davis Hsu is awesome and is easily one of the best Seahawk follows on Twitter.
2. I don't think that he thinks that Luck is the GOAT at all. He does correctly appreciate how damn good Luck is, which should offend nobody.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
minormillikin":1mtata3r said:
One thing is certain:
If you like either Wilson or Luck, you are required to hate the other.
:sarcasm_off:

Are we a bunch of effing children here? Get over the weird Andrew Luck hate.. or your weirder hate for "what the media thinks," about them. The Seahawks quarterback doesn't get enough respect? Cry about it more. What the hell does it matter? How will your life improve if each ESPN and NFL personality declares that Russell Wilson is the greatest?

Things imbeciles cannot do:
1- Like both Chevy trucks and Ford trucks
2- Like both Apples and PCs
3- Like both Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck

Grow up, and if you love our QB so much... learn to spell his name, for sh*t sake.

Thank you.

The Rock Clapping Reaction Gif

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
(By the way I can't wait for the board to melt down when Luck wins the MVP award this year)

v1rotv2

Reaction score
This is going to be like those that when we drafted RW they just went overboard about he can't succeed because of his height. They invested so much of their professional credit into the argument that they now have to have other so called defects to make up what the height argument lost. At all costs they can not allow RW to be the best in the league so now no matter what Luck has to be better. Inflated numbers (meaning that his numbers mean more than they do), questionable abilities and the situation surrounding Luck vs. RW. I am sick and tired of hearing that Luck doesn't have the supporting cast that RW does. It's going to take year after year of proof for some people to change their minds. And sadly some will go to their graves refusing to admit that RW is the best.

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2aob5za5 said:
Shock2k":2aob5za5 said:

I don't hate Luck at all. He's killing it for me in fantasy. I don't like that he seems to get a pass on earning greatness where Russell is still up for discussion.

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
Steven A. Smith, put out a perfect example of the golden child syndrome people have with Andrew luck. Skip, his equally trollish counter part was pointing out about lucks issues with throwing about 4 int's a game but about 2 of them are dropped, which I have seen him do in the games I have watched, such as the pick6 that was dropped before Watts fumble return for a TD. This is a paraphrase of what SAA response was, Look that happens to every great quarterback, it is just stuff that happens during a course of a game, that kind of stuff just happens. Skip pointed out that it sounds Like it is ok to sweep that under the rug. I assume SAS was being sarcastic but he said in the background that the 7 interceptions in the playoffs last year should be sweeped under the rug.

The narrative in the media is that Luck is playing the traditional qb and you can excuse the mistakes because it is part of the learning process and his stats don't matter against Russell Wilson because they don't add up. :pukeface: stats

The attitude towards Russell Wilson is that he is good at what he does, but since he isn't playing like a traditional qb, he can't be on par with luck since Russell Wilson isn't learning the traditonal qb model, so you have to disregard the stats because some how having less opportunities to throw the ball is some how easier and less risky even though the TD's stat is about the same for both of them.

It seems like the media has convinced themselves that throwing more and being allowed to make mistakes is harder then not having as many attempts and not being allowed to make mistakes is easier.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
gargantual":253sgv2g said:
SupersonicSeahawkz":253sgv2g said:
Please do not use the 2-14 Crap! Since 2002 the colts have had one year with a losing record. So that 2-14 year is what you call a fluke rather then the actual talent of the team.
This plus 1000%!!!!!!
I get soooo sick of hearing that crap. They made absolutely NO attempt to replace Curtis friggin Painter that year! They LITERALLY sucked for Luck that year, so they ARE not really a 2-14 team..... and therefore Luck didn't improve them as much as the party line says every time they have to trot out excuses for why Neckbeardboy isn't outplaying Wilson or any else for that matter.

That along with churning over the Roster a bunch like we did when Pete came here. The roster is much different today. That team had 2 wins because the QB play was attrocious

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2lop4ywj said:
lobohawk":2lop4ywj said:

I disagree. I think we as the put upon no one gives us respect inferiority complexed Hawk fans hyper focus on the negative, and ignore the positive.

I watched the NFL network all of 20 minutes this week, and ESPN talking head shows about an hour..........and all I heard was gushing over Wilson's effort on MNF, with at least half the hosts stating that Russell is indeed a top tier QB, and elite due to his special skill set.

That probabaly has more to do with the Fact we played on Monday Night and Wilson was lights out. I bet you will hear alot about Luck today since they just played last night

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2e6zpw9t said:
(By the way I can't wait for the board to melt down when Luck wins the MVP award this year)

He has zero chance if Manning is healthy. Manning has played 2 less games and is averaging more TDs per game and at the same yardage per game with less turnovers

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson is suffering a curse, Flutie was never respected by the mediots and some old school coaches, yet all he did was find a way to win. Tarkenton was never respected early in his career due to his scrambling and not being traditional, took a long time and the compiling of stats for the so called experts to get on his bandwagon.

If Fran had won even half the Super Bowls he was in he would have been called something much more than a scrambler.

Staubach was never truly embraced for a long time either. It was his guts and toughness that won people over along with his leadership.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2o0odn7k said:
Hasselbeck":2o0odn7k said:

He has zero chance if Manning is healthy. Manning has played 2 less games and is averaging more TDs per game and at the same yardage per game with less turnovers

We shall see.

At this rate, Luck is your favorite IMO.