Randy Gregory released…

Weadoption

Reaction score
be interesting if any potential playoff teams give this guy another chance. Can’t have enough pass rushers, maybe a different locker room scene lights a fire under him. If he played well at the end of the year he could turn potentially turn into a comp pick if nothing else.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Since my usual go-to for I-hope-a-GM-does-something-stupid moments like this one, George Paton, is out of the running for this one, here's hoping Gregory is on the Santa Clara Gold Diggers by Friday. No? OK, how 'bout the Rams?

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Could he be the sacrifice lamb for the poor defense performance?
No - they have some other brokedick player coming of an injury who they feel is better. The real question is what is the leftover cap hit?? Thier cap situation is going to get very ugly, very quickly.

Boohman14

Reaction score
It's no fun to hate a team that totally sucks. It's kinda of fun to watch Peyton crash and burn though. I've never liked him. He's an egomaniac that lost his edge in coaching. The Broncos should cut bait with him after this season too.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
No sir. I recall all too well the arrogance of Bronco fan besmirching the Seahawks for years in the old AFC west and their smug certainty immediately after the Wilson trade. They can rot and deserve all the suffering that can be heaped upon them. F Donk forever.

(For a dollar I will show you where the mean Bronco touched me)

Boohman14

Reaction score
No sir. I recall all too well the arrogance of Bronco fan besmirching the Seahawks for years in the old AFC west and their smug certainty immediately after the Wilson trade. They can rot and deserve all the suffering that can be heaped upon them. F Donk forever.

(For a dollar I will show you where the mean Bronco touched me)
I hated the Harbaugh Niners ,but missed him when they left. I got great joy out from his theatrics.
I hate the Broncos and the Raiders from the old AFC time as well. It was tough in the Elway era because my father was a friend of Jack Elway and he supported John but was a Hawks fan. I don't hate Broncos fans in general though. I watched a Sehawks/Broncos game in, I think, 1988 at Mile High. After a long Kreig to Turner Touch down strike i the first quarter. I stood up to cheer and was quickly doused by beer. Many Broncos fans that saw what happened and called Security to throw they guy out. I was gifted with a new dry shirt soon after. The fans were generally good people.

evergreen

Reaction score
It's just Karma. Some of us had to watch John Elway beat the UW in the 70s when we were emerging. I think it cost us the Rose Bowl. Then years of that Horse mouth running away from our defense to make a play to win. At least they got destroyed in their first three Super Bowls with him. Even in our great 1984 season we went 12-4 and he got them to 13-3. Their 2000 yard rusher got him a couple Super Bowls at the end of his career.
Then Karma started to kick in, and we destroyed the greatest offense of all time in XLVIII. Then we destroyed their franchise with the greatest trade in NFL history not including Herschel Walker. They deserve every minute of this Hell we've sent them to. And I'm eating it up every day. Celebrated the Bears win to deny them Caleb!

Threedee

Reaction score
Since my usual go-to for I-hope-a-GM-does-something-stupid moments like this one, George Paton, is out of the running for this one, here's hoping Gregory is on the Santa Clara Gold Diggers by Friday. No? OK, how 'bout the Rams?
It's pretty hilarious that he's still in the league, after all of the drama he's been through.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Broncos are still paying lions share of his salary this year, so likely essentially a prove it type deal. No guaranteed $$ next year.

If 49ers have a weakness on D its when the starters on the D-Line sub out every 3 or 4 series to give Bosa and company a break. When that happens, the O magically starts moving the ball. That how they've given up late 1st half TDs in 2 of their 4 games.

I think idea here is depth at DE.

knownone

Reaction score
I haven't watched much of Gregory, but he's been pretty bad statistically. Maybe shifting to a backup role with the Niners will help his production.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Randy Gregory has spent a lot of time suspended or on IR. A quote from his days as a Cowboy:

"He has a social anxiety disorder and that causes him to be uncomfortable in certain situations. Historically, the two things he'd done to deal with that were one, smoke marijuana, or two, just to avoid. 'I told him: Avoiding is not the answer.'"

USA Today article

KNBR reported Kerry Hyder was released to make room on the roster.

RUN CMC

Reaction score
Randy Gregory has spent a lot of time suspended or on IR. A quote from his days as a Cowboy:

"He has a social anxiety disorder and that causes him to be uncomfortable in certain situations. Historically, the two things he'd done to deal with that were one, smoke marijuana, or two, just to avoid. 'I told him: Avoiding is not the answer.'"

USA Today article

KNBR reported Kerry Hyder was released to make room on the roster.
Great. Aldon Smith 2.0